UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Unresolved Patching Inquiry

TJay

Wanderer
Upon some research across the internet on several good searches I've come across many people speaking about UO removing the patching features from the old clients. Now, when I download from the EA website (Classic Client) it DOES patch, but you have no way of telling which patch its installed on, that's partially the problem due to the fact that with using the classic uo client offered on they're website no matter which way I try to help razor recognize the install, it cannot find the classic UO, or it does recognize it but it gives me missing cliloc errors and will not launch UO. Now, when I use the Mondain's Legacy client from download.cnet.com, razor recognizes and uses this client to launch and it IS playable but however it is NOT patchable. Causing me a headache in crash errors IN-GAME. So its almost as if its a lose-lose situation on my part. Does anybody have anything they could suggest to help me resolve all of this and get the proper patch and everything up to speed for me so I can get all of this resolved?

Much appreciated.

TJay

Wanderer
Actually disregard most of that, reason it wouldn't launch from UO Classic was due to the fact I didn't even begin to patch anything which in result was the reason to lacked the cliloc files to launch. Still, the question remains... how do you stop it at the patch you wan't it to be at? I was told for "the good ole days" servers you don't want to fully patch your clients.

Divide By Zero

Traveler
I don't think you can stop mid patch anymore. You will need to find a link with a patched working client in the version you want. I don't know why you want an older client though, Hybrid supports the newest. :)

TJay

Wanderer
What about fixing this?

I got UO completely patched and the newest version of razor installed. Why aren't my counter images working? Everything is also running on "Run as administrator" and windows xp service package 3 compatibility mode.

Gages

Sorceror
i did this but didnt work i moved files into the uo directory what am i doing wrong?
Did you unzip the file after you downloaded it?
That download is for the old uo .mul file. Newer patches use a new type of artwork file, and razor is still programed to look for the old one.

If that wasn't you're problem, I would say make sure that razor is loading the uo client from the uo directory you put the file into.

TJay

Wanderer
So it made perfect sense what you explained, why the files don't load. So I went ahead and did that. Also, it's loading the uo client from the correct directory. Heh, i'm not sure what the issue could be.