UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Ultima Online MBP OSX SNOW LEOPARD

DarkenRahl

Wanderer
Ultima Online MBP OSX SNOW LEOPARD

Hello everyone. I have played UO for years on end. I got rid of my PC a year ago or so and decided to get a mac for a music project I am doing, and figured it should be easy enough to install UO on it to play time to time, but it has proved rather frustrating.

I have looked at all the threads regarding installing UO on snow leopard.
I have a unibody mbp, the new new ones.

I followed a tutorial I thought would be the ticket, and tried getting it to work for hours.
I got winebottler, followed the 10 step page, that is in this forum, but it didnt seem to help.

I did manage to get a working copy of UO installed and patching in wine bottler and that was set and ready... my issue was, yep.... you guessed it.
.NET Framework 2.0.

I am new to macs, so all the commands and what not I am still trying to pick up and learn.
Basically, I got a working copy of razor from the razor site, the newest version, (it is required for the free shard I am interested in joining), and placed it in the drive C folder along with my working copy of UO and tried to execute the file. It opens up but when it tried to install, I got an error that I need Framework 2.0.... I have searched and searched for this fix, I did the winetrick crap, got dotnet20, got corefonts, got gecko, and the fixed fonts or whatever the heck that is, all the ones mentioned basically.

I am still not having any luck.
Perhaps I missed something.

I could really use some help here and I really appreciate whoever would take the time to read this and give me a hand.

Hope to hear from one of you!!

RAKninja

Page
Re: Ultima Online MBP OSX SNOW LEOPARD

edit: oh, i see.

well, running in linux, the dotnet winetrick works, i hate macs, so i cant really contribute more.

RAKninja;2117853 said:
edit: oh, i see.

well, running in linux, the dotnet winetrick works, i hate macs, so i cant really contribute more.

Running on linux feel the same as running on windows?
The only reason i use Windows is because of UO.. Does Razor work on linux too?

RAKninja

Page

Pedro Caribé III;2117888 said:
Running on linux feel the same as running on windows?
The only reason i use Windows is because of UO.. Does Razor work on linux too?

yes, but it seems to be a bit more choppy. its much more noticeable if your computer is not "average" by modern standards.

RAKninja

Page

Pedro Caribé III;2117911 said:
Is there a tutorial for newb linux users to make it run?

i'm not sure, i'm somewhat experienced in linux + wine, so i never had to look.

the way i always got it to work was installing the latest wine (with newer popular distros that use pulseaudeo as the default sound server have a bit of a problem with sound, i always use a custom repository this one guy has that has a copy of the latest wine with the unofficial pulse patch built in, easy enough to find by googling for it)

then i do the winetricks for .netframework and ms fontfix, and install geko. then i install UO (i usually get the latest version from OSI so i dont need to patch) and then razor.

RAKninja;2117945 said:
i'm not sure, i'm somewhat experienced in linux + wine, so i never had to look.

the way i always got it to work was installing the latest wine (with newer popular distros that use pulseaudeo as the default sound server have a bit of a problem with sound, i always use a custom repository this one guy has that has a copy of the latest wine with the unofficial pulse patch built in, easy enough to find by googling for it)

then i do the winetricks for .netframework and ms fontfix, and install geko. then i install UO (i usually get the latest version from OSI so i dont need to patch) and then razor.

Would you mind PMing me a way to contact you to clarify some doubts?

DarkenRahl

Wanderer

So uh, yeah... I dont have linux. :X I'm on a mac book pro. I'm on snow leopard. :D

So does anyone have a correct and definite way to get .NET Framework 2.0 to work in wine on my os?
Basically I cant install razor, because for whatever reason, .Net 2.0 refuses to correctly install, or install at all on my mac. :( and I wanna playyyy!

EDIT: I use winetricks for dotnet20/ .NET 2.0

still no success.

NoStamina

Wanderer

Well I've been having the same problems trying to get dotnet20 to install after I reinstalled Snow Leopard and tried to play UO again. So I discovered a work around. Just install .NET 2.0 with the official installer from Microsoft. I've made a new step by step tutorial to get everything to work (UO auto map works too), and found some tweaks to make the game run faster.

Uramac.com » Blog Archive » Setup Mac OSX to Run Ultima Online with Razor and UOAM using WineBottler

Enjoy.