UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Trinsic The City Of The Walking Dead

Sintoo

Sorceror
Trinsic The City Of The Walking Dead

TRINSIC THE CITY OF THE WALKING DEAD

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Trinsic the city of the walking dead will be an ongoing PvP campaign based in Trinsic Felucca.
Heavy oriented on team play between two factions known as “Survivors” and “Undeads”.
Where undead must rely on team tactics and stealth to overwhelm the last of the survivors and succumb them.
While the survivors must do all in their powers to survive and eliminate this threat that lingers over them.
Using the various different proficiency the survivors are skilled with, they must utilize them at the best of their advantages.

Character Creation

To be able to join the TRINSIC THE CITY OF THE WALKING DEAD campaign you must begin by making yourself a character.

Character should be of human race and named either “A Zombie” for the undead horde or “A Survivor” for the last remaining survivors of the city.
Following are the different templates for the zombies and survivors.
Keep in mind that you do not need the maximum of the skill that shows but that it is a maximum for what you are allowed to have of that skill. Based on what character you play.

A Zombie
• 100 Wrestling
• 100 Tactics
• 100 Anatomy
• 100 Healing
• 100 Hiding
• 100 Stealth
• 100 Tracking
• 100 Focus

Survivor templates

City Guard
• 100 Fencing/ Swordmanship/ Mace
• 100 Tactics
• 100 Anatomy
• 50 Healing
• 50 Tracking
• 50 Detect Hidden
• 100 Focus

Healer
• 70 Weapon skill
• 70 Tactics
• 100 Anatomy
• 100 Healing
• 100 Meditation
• 40 Focus

Blacksmith
• 100 Blacksmithing
• 90 Mace
• 80 Tactics
• 70 Anatomy
• 30 Healing
• 100 Focus

Ranger
• 100 Archery
• 80 Tactics
• 80 Anatomy
• 70 Healing
• 100 Tracking
• 100 Detect Hidden
• 60 Meditation
• 60 Focus

Carpenter
• 100 Carpentry
• 70 Fencing
• 70 Tactics
• 80 Anatomy
• 60 Healing
• 80 Focus
• 40 Meditation

After creating your character you should join the TRINSIC THE CITY OF THE WALKING DEAD campaign guild.

Gameplays

The last stand

Story
You find yourselves outnumbered and alone in the vast city streets. You are one of few survivors who have managed to stay alive during the zombie onslaught that has poured through the city gates leaving a trail of carnage and an army of the dead that has risen from the former city residents.
With your new found friends you decide to scour the surroundings for food, supplies and weapons to make one final stand against the undead horde that approaches.

Briefing
The Survivors will have a 10 minutes starting period where they will be allowed to search the city streets for material. The material will be located in red crates throughout the city. They must then manufacture weapons and build defences to prepare themselves for the forthcoming waves of the undead.
While zombies searches the city streets for fresh meat.

Rules
• Survivors start out with nothing.
• Survivors only have one life, when killed they’re done for and may not re-enter.
• When survivors have chosen a house to barricade themselves within they are not allowed to leave the premises of the house.
• Zombies may be resurrected by a zombie lord and may be resurrected for any number of times.
• Neither survivors or zombies may create or use any armour, only clothing is allowed.
• Zombies should outnumber the survivors by 3 to 1.
• No mounts are allowed for anyone.

Winning conditions

Survivors
• Survivors must have gathered an amount of 30 food items and survived the duration of the time frame that has been set.

Zombies
• Zombies must eliminate all the remaining survivors.

The origin of the plague

This gameplay has yet to be decided on.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Re: Trinsic The City Of The Walking Dead

As always feedback and suggestions are more then welcome.

Is there a point of having a carpenter? Seeing as every human can make crates with the basic 20 skill they get.
Are the skills distributed well among the different survivor templates?
This is stuff I'd like to hear about.

Two Wolves

Knight

what is ongoing about this scenario or do you mean recurring?

what if any skills are allowed if it is not listed on a template max?

does creation and use of shields count as a type of armor?

is the creation of Bows and Arrows using Bowcraft/Fletching taken into consideration?

are Undead allowed to pick up, carry or store barricade crates in their inventory packs to eliminate them from the play area?

with everybody named, “A Zombie” or “A Survivor” how to the players tell a Guard from a Healer and so forth - make a note in the character profile scroll?

can a Surviver player enter a character in both teams, if they leave their Zombie inactive till their Survivor character is eliminated?

this seems reasonable, as each Surviver that is killed would add one Zombie to the horde.

hickman48

Knight

also i know zombies are sopose to out number serviors but umm 8 dmg a hit max its going to take ten hits total so iv the zombies attack someone they have to hit them 3 or more times if its 3v1 and any archer with those skills should be able to drop someone 2-3 shots by themselfs

Two Wolves

Knight

the main attack strategy for Zombies will be to surround then pound Survivors to death, by using stealth or by swarming.

Zombies being easy to kill does not seem to be the problem, as they keep returning. having all the Zombies end up inside of the barricade, that will be a problem.

the Ranger characters are going to be critical to Survivors as long as they can be kept alive by Healers and supplied with ammunition by Crafters.

even without any ammunition, Ranger will still be helpful. with GM Tracking and Detect Hidden there will be a good chance to spot Zombies with GM Hiding and Stealth. that and GM Detect Hidden can automatically reveal hidden characters, I believe.

jrhather

Wanderer

The zombies should be using wrestling instead of a weapon skill. The only time a weapon would be employed is if it had 'Use Best Weapon'.

Just a thought, but watch zombie movies....you'll see what I mean....

Zombies using disarm, parablow...:eek: eek!!

Two Wolves

Knight

jrhather;334711 said:
The zombies should be using wrestling instead of a weapon skill. The only time a weapon would be employed is if it had 'Use Best Weapon'.

Just a thought, but watch zombie movies....you'll see what I mean....

Zombies using disarm, parablow...:eek: eek!!

A Zombie
• 100 Wrestling
• 100 Tactics
• 100 Anatomy
• 100 Healing
• 100 Hiding
• 100 Stealth
• 100 Tracking
• 100 Focus

Sintoo

Sorceror

Two Wolves;334694 said:
what is ongoing about this scenario or do you mean recurring?

what if any skills are allowed if it is not listed on a template max?

does creation and use of shields count as a type of armor?

is the creation of Bows and Arrows using Bowcraft/Fletching taken into consideration?

are Undead allowed to pick up, carry or store barricade crates in their inventory packs to eliminate them from the play area?

with everybody named, “A Zombie” or “A Survivor” how to the players tell a Guard from a Healer and so forth - make a note in the character profile scroll?

can a Surviver player enter a character in both teams, if they leave their Zombie inactive till their Survivor character is eliminated?

this seems reasonable, as each Surviver that is killed would add one Zombie to the horde.

1. Recurring may be the better word for it. Meant to be short action paced scenarios that can be thrown together relatively quickly for anyone wishing to host a game or participate. But I wouldent be opposed to making a more story driven gameplay if this generate enough interest.

2. Any skills not listed on the template are not allowed to be used by any degree.

3. Hmm...very good question, didnt even take parrying into consideration when making the templates it must've slipped my mind. I would say no they would not count towards armour unless otherwise stated.

4. I made a bow crafter template as well, but it fell under the same category as the carpenter. Being relatively useless as any human character can make arrows with the basic +20 in skills.
The idea I had for the first few games if this get of the ground was to put weapons and ammunition in the boxes so none would have to make a blacksmith/bowcrafter/carpenter just to find out after spending all that resources and time into the character that they wouldent find it enjoying.
So the fate of crafter templates are still pending.

5. Barricading issues was probably the one thing I spent the most time thinking on how it would be implented and managed.
Without the barricades it would basically be a lot less tactical driven instead of trying to force opponents to take a certain route and slow them down enough to take them out within a relative safety. I think it would just be a big shoot out.
First thought was that the zombies wouldent be allowed to move the obstacles as anyone could just activate razor scavenger and pick up the crates or whatever block the path within a few seconds.
But then what would stop the survivors to just barricade themselfs within crates not allowing the zombies to get to them.
So the conclusion I drew out of that was that the zombies wasent going to be allowed to move/destroy an obstacle unless it was a bookshelf. Which would represent a door and the survivors would be forced to place a number of these doors around the barricades for the zombies to gain access.
Also had ideas about weigh the crates down with lumber to make them more cumbersome, but I dont know how that would work with stacking if people would just be able to place them within another crate. Also getting the massive amount of lumber to the scenario and distributing it nad having the survivors weigh all the crates down would just be to much of a hassle.
I could go on and on as I had several ideas about how this would be but I think I should just stop here as these was the best ideas I had and I still have no perfect solution to it.

6. First idea was to set the guild title of the occupation of the survivors so that everyone would know their part and who to turn to. But as a role player I kind of went against the idea as I thought it would be more fun for the people to have to interact with eachother trying to find out who does what. Also not having guild titles would avoid the zombies targeting certain classes and taking them out first. Making them have to figure out who plays what part and who needs to be taken out first by themselves rather then just browsing the guild title.
One idea was for the survivors to agree upon different colours to dye their clothes in for different classes so that they would know who plays as what but the zombies wouldent know.
But in the end I think after a few rounds of this the survivors will be able to recognize who plays what kind of role just by the look of eachother as so will the zombies.
As of now the only thought of specifically naming a character with a guild title is for some other gameplays I've been thinking of such as the "The origin of the plague" where survivors have found out the whereabouts about the "zombie lord", where one of the zombies will be the main target.
And a rescue scenario where the victim will be marked out.

7. The ideal dream would be for people having characters in both factions. As this would allow for anyone to jump on the other team if they would lack the numbers. I would see no problem with having the survivors that fall into the grasp of the undead to jump on a zombie character and join the game as a undead. Except the increasing difficulty with having more zombies and a declining numbers of survivors.
But that's the whole concept isint it for every one of the survivors that fall the undead grows stronger so I would not see a problem with it no.

hickman48;334698 said:
also i know zombies are sopose to out number serviors but umm 8 dmg a hit max its going to take ten hits total so iv the zombies attack someone they have to hit them 3 or more times if its 3v1 and any archer with those skills should be able to drop someone 2-3 shots by themselfs

Yes the zombies will do a lot less damage, but keep in mind they have a 100% chance to heal themselves and eachother while only one class of the survivors has the same chance to do so. Zombies also have a higher weapon skills then most survivor classes increasing their chances to block and hit their targets.
Also having just a minimum of 2 zombies being able to disarm will be a huge nuisance to any fighting class. So I would in no sense call the zombies the weaker of the two teams.

While the ranger may have the chance of being the highest damage dealer of the survivor classes it's also in terms the most vulnerable as it depends on ammunition. A failed search throughout the city may render the ranger completely defenceless if no arrows or fletching eqipment and boards have been found. Making it a complete back up class in terms of locating and revealing the undeads.

Keep the feedback, questions and ideas coming!

DarkSaionji

Sorceror

Hmm. Didn't read it all. Sounds like tons of fun. Zombies could be required to use an axe to get past crates? Whatever is inside a crate when destroyed falls to the ground. You might be able to do something interesting with that. Where's the alchemist template? Explosion potions rockkk!!

---FK

JavaKing

Wanderer

how about you make a newcharater lock all the skills at 0. except your 3 starting skill or 2 if you choice and make a story on how you survived the haunted graveyards

pbguy434

Knight

Anyone actually remember when Trinsic was invaded by the Undead? Shame Quantos never had the chance to finish it. But yea, I didn't sift through the rest of the thread.

jrhather

Wanderer

DarkSaionji;334830 said:
Hmm. Didn't read it all. Sounds like tons of fun. Zombies could be required to use an axe to get past crates? Whatever is inside a crate when destroyed falls to the ground. You might be able to do something interesting with that. Where's the alchemist template? Explosion potions rockkk!!

---FK

Does this method still work?