UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Treasures of Tabul - the walkthrough

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Treasures of Tabul - the walkthrough

The first step was given as a notice by town criers in Luna, Britain, and New Haven. So, we'll start from there.

STEP 1A
  • Trammel - boulder
  • On approach: Message about a strange sense of peace. This means nothing.
  • Dclick crack: message stating you need to find a wise man.
STEP 1B
  • Trammel - parrot in library 1 screen south of boulder
  • Keyword 1 - hello (returns value: hello, hello)
  • Keyword 2 - boulder (returns value: Riordan, Riordan)
  • Keyword 3 - Riordan (returns value: ranger, ranger)
Obviously, the bird tells you the name of the wise man and the hint of ranger. Skara Brae is the city of rangers. If you went to Skara and visited the ranger camp just east outside of town, Riordan was there sitting on a stump... waiting.

STEP 2A
  • Keyword 1 - Riordan (returns value: Ah, young adventurer... come closer, my eyesight isn't what it used to be. What is it you wish?
  • Keyword 2 - wish (returns value: Ahhhh great treasure comes to those who follow the tablets of Tabul... but the power is split.
  • Keyword 3 - split (returns value: Indeed split... each step of the way will find you closer to great wealth.
  • Keyword 4 (give him gold) - Remember, the powers of Tabul know no boundaries. Speak and ye shall find.
  • Book - Read the book and it tells you to look for a lake surrounded in stone. The real clue here is that on page 39, the word Wind is written.
Riordan also had a bag with a few goodies in it. Of course, the first person to find him looted the poor blind guy.. well, blind.

STEP 3A
  • Scroll of Volraisse
  • DClick - Small lil message about finding the first step and that the others won't be so boldly obvious. It tells you to gaze into the sky but that one of them is a lie.
This clue is sending you to the moonglow telescope. By referencing and saying 1 is a lie, it means that only one will have a clue. So, this one sends you to the Felucca telescope to find the next clue. The Trammel telescope is the lie.

STEP 4A
  • DClick the eyepiece of the telescope - Message about seeing a spectrum of light and knowing it is right.
This one is pretty silly. Another word for spectrum is Prism. Prism of Light is a UO dungeon. So, off to Nujel'm City in Trammel to fulfill this clue.

STEP 5A & 6A
  • All you have to do for this step is try to walk down the stairs. This takes you to the next step.
  • If you look to the north of the moongate, there are faint blue sparkles. If you double click the flowers beneath the sparkles you get a message: Under the flowers, scratched in sand, is an isosceles triangle and the shape of a hand.
This is a VERY important step. Its the most important 'and' you'll read because it indicates a split in the story! The isosceles triangle references the Forgotten Pyramid in Malas. The shape of a hand is the Honesty Shrine in Ilshenar. Now the paths have split and are indicated by steps A and B :)

STEP 7A (Shrine path)
  • Single click the shrine image and you are given the name 31 N. This has double significance. 31 N is part of the coordinates needed to find the last spot of the quest before the treasure room AND it also is an indicated to walk north 31 steps.
  • 31 steps north of the shrine is a death robe.
STEP 7B (Pyramid path)
  • Scroll of Findosa
  • Dclick scroll: States you have doubled your power by finding the scroll and to find a grave with a ladder below.
There is quite literally a grave with a ladder leading down below. This is found by going to Vesper and using the graveyard passage to go to T2A. Again, there are 2 of these so you have to find the right one. The correct grave is in Trammel.
STEP 8A (Shrine path)
  • Dclick death robe: This clue tells you that an ancient wyrm stole the clue and to find the nest.
STEP 8B (Pyramid path)
  • Dclick the gravestone center, south side of the graveyard: Etched into the stone a name which can't be read, but a small map to a dungeon under a hedge.
This was a gimme, I think. The hedgemaze has some footprints near the central building and when you walk up those footsteps, you are taken to the room below the house.
STEP 9A (Shrine path)
  • Correct Lair is the one by the lizardman camp south of humility shrine in ilsh
  • Scroll of Pennoal - when dclicked, it tells you there is more here than meets the eye
  • Bones scattered about: most of the bones will shoot you off to an unrelated location.
  • The skull closest to the scroll tells you that you see a rock falling from heaving, now laying unheard.
Rock reference is to the meteor crash site in Ilshenar. This is also the clue that links you back to the other path, merging them together. I used the Tram hedgemaze.
STEP 9B (Pyramid path)
  • There are 4 pylons with switches on them. If you check the felucca location, you can see those switches do not exist.
  • Pull West: message "111" comes up (reference to coordinates)
  • Pull South: (return to pyramid, taking you a couple steps backwards)
  • Pull East: (go to Honesty shrine - reminder that there are 2 paths)
  • Pull North: Triggers a crystal to rise from the ground just north of where you went into the dungeon. It is in the grass next to the hedge.
When you single click the crystal, the word Treehouse is given. There is really only 1 treehouse in game that isn't a tree city. That is located just NW of the Spirituality shrine.
STEP 10B (Pyramid path)
  • Treehouse, On Approach: Message that a fiery blaze shoots across the sky peeking your interest (yes, PEEKING) more than catching your eye.
  • In one of the huts: Scroll of Ali
This is the point where the paths merge together and point you to something that is fiery and is in the sky. No, its not dragons - its a meteor!!!!! There is only one meteor crash site in game and that is on the Ilshenar facet.

STEP 11 (now merged)
  • On Approach: message to listen with your heart
  • Sounds: resurrection and reaper
If you are able to put the sounds together, its the healing tree! And again, there is only one of those, and that's in Ilshenar.

STEP 12
  • On Approach: "Find Me" message
This one is relatively obscure; however, the shovel was a hint that it had something to do with dirt. If you dclick around a bit, one of the dirt tiles gives you this message: Twenty-two evil pirates, with help from the shore, were able to make land and travel hidden doors. Destiny awaits with the flip of a switch"

22 is another coordinate reference.

Now, this one has 2 in's - You can use the Yew prison OR the lighthouse. Both get you to the room with the switch and crates. But again, because of its location, there were two. The hint of "evil pirates" should have led you to think of Zat's pirate story arc.. and that was in Felucca.

STEP 13
  • Pulling the switch raises a crate
  • Between the crates, a tiny sliver of black you need to double click
  • Dclick black sliver: taken to Felucca slime dungeon entrance
STEP 14
  • Run as far east as you can in the dungeon and find the scroll
  • Scroll of Brinna
  • Dclick Scroll: message that you are close to the end and that the next couple stops are not going to be safe. Shadows come to life and screams can be heard, treasure does wait, do not be absurd.
Shadows = shadow wyrms.... we're going to Destard! Now, I jumped facets on this one... back to Trammel we go!

STEP 15 & 16
  • DClick Bones on West side of dungeon wall: walk 46 steps east
  • 46 E (coordinate hint)
  • Step 16 is the blood located on the 46th tile east of the bones.
  • Dclick blood: taken to Tokuno
STEP 17
  • Pull the level on the East side of the well
  • Identify a mutilated bird that is paragon gold
STEP 18
  • Through identification of the paragon gold bird and using the coordinate references, you should be taken to the city of Montor where you find a sign. Sign says to speak your words of power.
Order of words: pennaol ali brinna findosa volraisse

You are teleported into room 1 of the treasure room

STEP 19
  • A sign: "You have found the Treasures of Tabul. Only one step remains and its in this room"
  • A book: "In your journies you have learned, not all is true to what you have seen or heard. Pay great heed to which you choose as all but one will cause you to lose"
  • 18 switches on the wall in front of you.
  • AW and SD spawn inside the treasure room (you wouldn't know it when you first got there, it had spawned the AW for you)
None of the 18 switches take you inside. They were all false.

The tele into the room was in the form of the tile under the pedestal that the book was on.

Thanks for playing :)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Treasures of Tabul - the walkthrough

I have removed the treasure room; however, the rest of the quest remains in game. I will remove it tomorrow night.

I have also moved all fel facet items to be in Trammel.

drak-

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;460467 said:
I have removed the treasure room; however, the rest of the quest remains in game.

Im sure Kenneth says "BOOOOOOOO!"

uome

Bug Hunter

Always second. *sighs*
One thing i don't get still is the order to say the scroll names. Why in that order?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Because I made it that way? They are just made up words :) They have no real significance other than they looked cool in my head as I wrote them. Any other order would not work... Its more so just to be representative of a spell... or something.

Oh, I would also like to point out that you notice how few clues you could actually skip without hindering your ability to find the treasure. :)

It's too bad you kept removing Kenneth from Malas/Trammel.

It would have made for a great part 5 in the Kenneth Stories. :D

repiovesana

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;460648 said:
Oh, I would also like to point out that you notice how few clues you could actually skip without hindering your ability to find the treasure. :)
I did skip clues without missing any of the words for the treasure room. When I read "prism of light", the image of Pink Floyd's album "Dark Side Of The Moon" came to my memory. It shows a picture of a glass pyramid, with a beam of white light coming in from the left, and the separated light colors (like a rainbow) coming out to the right. In other words, a prism of light. The thing is: the pyramid in the center of Pink Floyd's image. It led me straight into the Forgotten Pyramid in Malas, instead of the Prism Of Light dungeon.
TBH I didn't even know that the Prism Of Light dungeon existed here in Demise :D

Of course, there's the fact that I had met Carlton earlier and he said "hey, i found something, dunno if it relates to the quest", took me to the pyramid and showed me the scroll.

edit: The album cover looks something like this:

uome

Bug Hunter

I wasn't trying to skip clues either but i had found 2 scrolls before i found Riodan. (missed 1b)
Then the firey blaze in the sky made me think of Pheonix's etc.

We'll have to put "team lets do that in a minute" back together for the next story arc/quest.

WarUO

Sorceror

I missed a bunch of clues also when LC posted saying there was somthing around the rock to help find the ranger i saw someone's released pet dessert ostard lol so i went straight to the pyrimid and found the scroll so i went from there lol until LC showed up saying i had missed quite a bit of clues already.