UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Training VET

zardd

Sorceror
Training VET

Well no-one has done this but there are people training VET 24/7 at Luna kinda pathetic / cheap way of doing it but..

1. Tame your self a gaman, kitsune, drake, something with decent hit points.
2. Gather a crap load of bandages.. (6-10k should do)
3. Take your tamed animal to Ilshenar - Sacrifice.
4. There is a small town / village above this shrine, using UOAM or a map navigate to this town.
5. Locate 'a meer mage'
6. Get your creature to attack the meer mage but be careful you get out of the mages line of site or he will cast swarm of insects on you instead of your critter.
7. Once you have had your creature attacked by the swarm of insects spell dispatch the mage and take your critter back to the sacrifice shrine then to where you want to macro(Bonded owners can recall)
8. then just start your lastobject last target macro.

The spell does anywhere from 13-20 dmg every few seconds.
So long as you dont run out of bandages then you can pritty much GM or even get to legendary if need be using this method as the spell NEVER wears off.

Spell will stop in the following events:
1. Server crash
2. Creature dies
3. Server wars finishes and server reboots.
Drakull
4. Stabled creatures don't die in the stables.
5.Killing that meer mage while trying to set the spell on your pet will also stop it.
6. Stabling the creature will stop the spell effect.
7.Cast a fire spell on your pet will also stop it. - qweazdak

Psoinic said:
The method I used was:

1: Be in a guild.
2: Tame two swamp dragons.
3: Bring them to your house.
4: Place lots of bandages in a chest.
5: Say "all guard me"
6: Say "all kill" and target one of the swamp dragons.
7: Have your macro alternate vetting between the two swamp dragons.

The swamp dragons have high hit points, so they should not die on you. This can get you to legendary vet. :eek:

To get to legendary:
Drakull said:
I would recommend the following one:
1) Raise your vet to 81 whatever of those two methods you prefer.
2) Raising from 81 is easy with a bonded dead pet (the macro is just use bandage, wait 0.5 seconds, target pet, wait 2 seconds... repeat loop). Just rezzing and rezzing, but I would rather advice a different way:
Take your pets to gauntlet and just start killing the monsters there, your vet will raise pretty fast. Just help the person "tanking" the monster by healing his pet too... it will make you gain not only vet but friends (just remember to wear a suit with as much luck as you can).

There is also another guide located here: - Thanks go to qweazdak for pointing this out credit goes to the original author.
Nym's Vet Guide

And people should also follow this guide:
xeres said:
but please....dont macro using this method near luna bank,

We all know and love luna bank, but I remeber a time when there were no les than 3 people macroin vet at the same time in the upstairs of luna, so players still seen the messsages and the lag it creates and the horribly annoying sounds...pick a spot in tram or something.

Please be considerate to other players while macroing.

Anyway enjoy and happy vetting! :D

dimitrii

Wanderer
Hiryus are ideal for this because of the high physical resist and high hit points. Another tip is to leave the pet near to the meermage so it attacks its and therefore targets it before it has time to cast the insects on you.

but please....dont macro using this method near luna bank,

We all know and love luna bank, but I remeber a time when there were no les than 3 people macroin vet at the same time in the upstairs of luna, so players still seen the messsages and the lag it creates and the horribly annoying sounds...pick a spot in tram or something.

Please be considerate to other players while macroing.

zardd

Sorceror
Admins should just [kill the players pets if they are stupid enough to do that..

There was 4 last night.
Not afk but...
still anouying.

zardd

Sorceror
Volodya said:
Hiryus are ideal for this because of the high physical resist and high hit points. Another tip is to leave the pet near to the meermage so it attacks its and therefore targets it before it has time to cast the insects on you.

I think that will only work if your negative karma...
I hardly get attacked walking around meer town :eek:

[Drakull]

Knight
zord said:
Spell will stop in the following events:
1. Server crash
2. Creature dies
3. Server wars finishes and server reboots.

Stabling your creature wont stop the spells effects.
It will just die in the stable, i found this the hard way.

Anyway enjoy and happy vetting!

Stabling the creature will stop the spell effect.
Killing that meer mage while trying to set the spell on your pet will also stop it.
A fire spell on your pet will also stop it.
Stabled creatures don't die in the stables.

Psoinic

Wanderer
The method I used was:

1: Be in a guild.
2: Tame two swamp dragons.
3: Bring them to your house.
4: Place lots of bandages in a chest.
5: Say "all guard me"
6: Say "all kill" and target one of the swamp dragons.
7: Have your macro alternate vetting between the two swamp dragons.

The swamp dragons have high hit points, so they should not die on you. This can get you to legendary vet. :eek:

[Drakull]

Knight
I would recommend the following one:
1) Raise your vet to 81 whatever of those two methods you prefer.
2) Raising from 81 is easy with a bonded dead pet (the macro is just use bandage, wait 0.5 seconds, target pet, wait 2 seconds... repeat loop). Just rezzing and rezzing, but I would rather advice a different way:
Take your pets to gauntlet and just start killing the monsters there, your vet will raise pretty fast. Just help the person "tanking" the monster by healing his pet too... it will make you gain not only vet but friends (just remember to wear a suit with as much luck as you can).

qweazdak

Wanderer
6.Cast a fire spell on your pet will also stop it.
7. Stabling the creature will stop the spell effect. - qweazdak
I said #6. I think stabling the creature doesnt stop it. What you do is that you cast a spell at the pet, then stable it right away because the pet will attack back. Stabling it will stop the pet attacking you. :p

[Drakull]

Knight
Just to make sure I've put the insects into a ki-rin and stabled it. I'll check it after server wars ;).

No reason to make a hiryu mad... btw... I hate the ones macroing that at Luna's bank, specially when they're doing things like repeating "all stay" all day long (that's spamming). Best way to act in those cases: train your magery by casting invis on their pets....

UPDATED: I was wrong (it seems they've changed it since I trained my vet). Now if you stable your pet it doesn't end up the insects curse on the pet, and it continues being hurt. I didn't tried disconnecting as soon as you stable it (so you're disconnected before the pet has even time to die), but without disconnecting at least the pet died (that's kinda fun: if you have a ghost pet you can't stable it, but when un-stabling my pet it was a ghost)...

qweazdak

Wanderer
but should stabling a pet take it off? should casting a fire based spell take it off? any OSI players in here? if it works, thats great but label it as a bug.

zardd

Sorceror
qweazdak said:
I said #6. I think stabling the creature doesnt stop it. What you do is that you cast a spell at the pet, then stable it right away because the pet will attack back. Stabling it will stop the pet attacking you. :p
Ok will fix now appologies..

Now Drakull...
Confirmed???
- Pet dies when stabled if its infected with insects?

I did this on a kitsune and it disappeared (not bonded) so i assumed it died..
Was in the space of a few hours...

zardd

Sorceror
Magic arrow!!! who uses that :p Im just interested in if what i experienced was what actually happens or if it was a random gremlin that stole my kitsune :D

ao_zat

Sorceror
Re: Training VET

as swampies have a rather high taming minnimum here are some suggestions
for the non GM tamers want to train vet.

im reffering to 2 different techniques.

T1 = you are in a guild. this means you can tame 2 creatures. let em guard you and then let pet A attack Pet B, and Pet B attack A. Works in Trammel.

T2 = you are unguilded. this means either go to felucca with 2 pets, or get one pet and let it fight wild pets.
One warning: after keeping your tame alive for a while you should release and kill it. problem is that pets are trained while fighting so a cow with 70+ wrestling easily kills a goat or even a horse.

vet skill -> what to do

0-30 -> buy from stable master or veterinary

30 - 45 -> with T1 tame 2 cows and heal them. Gain should be rather quick.
with T2 let one cow fight a wild one.

45 - 55 -> again use cows but this time let it fight a goat and maybe a sheep
goats are bit faster than cows so it should drop health more quickly. the sheep itselfs dont do more than 2 hp damage so its only a nice add.

55 - 70 -> still using a cow. this time let it fight 1-2 boars or goats and maybe a cow. this might be keep you busy but should work fine.

70 - 80 -> using the cows will still work. also if you want some other annoying sounds over and over again try some other pets and let em fight each other.
polar bears for example, grizzly bears, frenzied ostards. i recommed T1 for this as this creatures will kill each other rather quick because of the higher damage the pets do and therefore you have to run around alot using T2.

also working pets are horses with T1.
they do very low damage and will bring you up to the 80's.
this is slower but normally you can go afk while macroing it.

edit : found another good gain combo useable with T1 and T2 .
if you are in the high 60's +, tame a horse and let it fight bulls.
be ready to cast heal or greater heal every once in a while as bulls do around 10 damage and
horses are around 40 hp.
also if the bull is hitting to fast, give him some beating with lo lvl spells.

and concerning to the last post about GHeal and vet.

check out this Calculator
to get an idea what Vet will heal.