UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Town Killers and Vendor Gate Dispellers

TheHawks

Sorceror
A little over a week ago Brit bank was looking dead almost every day for a month. Then about 7 days ago Brit started showing signs of life again. The average amount of players at the bank went from around 6 afk players and 2 moving players to around 25 players and 10 or so actually moving around and talking during peak hours. I think this might have had something to do with the recent surge of faction activity. SM^ and *ES* started playing again in SL and the *7* guild is showing a large presence in COM, F4 in Minax and a handful of players in new TB guilds.

Now it seems that a group of people namely Spade and members of the WKD guild have taken it upon themselves to dispel all of the vendor gates in town, along with killing every single afk player, every day and night, specifically targeting vendor gating characters. I understand that town killing is part of what makes this a sandbox style game. This was not an issue during the heyday of Ultima and Hybrid when there was a thriving, large population. But now at a time when the shard, seemingly on its last leg, has started to show some strong signs of life, is it really a good idea to spit in the faces of the last few players who are still showing this place love?

If you feel the need to shit on someone, get on a red with your friends and run into town. Join a faction group and take part in the growing war for town control (Sigs are up right now btw). Start an idocing crew and come find my alliance at every single idoc on this server, every day. Go find players that are farming the Paragons that Noah has so graciously given his time in creating. Getting your cheap thrills by killing afk players and specifically trolling players by dispelling the vendor gates of some of the last people to give a fuck about playing this game makes you a bitch. I don't have a nicer way to put it. Fuck you!

Last edited:

MelodyTFA

Squire
"poke u" town killing again right now........... I offered him yesterday to show him some dungeons and to teach him some of the diffrent things you could do in UO. I even explained to him he could Leave britain area and there was a ton of things he could do instead of town killing and dispelling gates all day, he didnt seem to beleave me. I even offered to tame him a horse and find him a full spellbook so he could start out...

Twist-hybrid

Sorceror
I see spade/poke u/goddess spending 12+ hours a day in brit town killing afk players and dispelling gates. i could care less about the gate dispelling but the town killing is out of hand. A few weeks ago our brit bank was lookin great, there were a ton of people gating, pvping, and just chillin talking. Then spade started town killing heavily and now there's barely anyone at the bank.

i was there yesterday when a long time player who was extremely active in pvp through the years, pistol pete, logged on. He saw the bank was empty because of town killing and said see ya in another year and logged back off.

How many new people do you think log off never to return because of the bank being empty or seeing one guy killing everyone?

Seriously i would like to see spade/goddess removed from this shard. I don't understand why someone who spends as much time online on here as he does would do so much to shit on our shard. I think the bigger question might be why would the playerbase and GMs/admins want a player like this on the shard. Maybe we can get a 12 angry players 1 bad verdict type thing going. I would rather have 1 new player who plans to farm/pvp/banksit than 10 spades/goddess who just play to make our shard look like trash.

during my 11 years on here i have never seen 1 person do as much as him to dump on the shard. I don't support Atari either because of all of the scamming accusations but at least Atari contributes to the shard by doing house drops and other stuff between whatever else he does.

MelodyTFA

Squire
I see spade/poke u/goddess spending 12+ hours a day in brit town killing afk players and dispelling gates. i could care less about the gate dispelling but the town killing is out of hand. A few weeks ago our brit bank was lookin great, there were a ton of people gating, pvping, and just chillin talking. Then spade started town killing heavily and now there's barely anyone at the bank.

i was there yesterday when a long time player who was extremely active in pvp through the years, pistol pete, logged on. He saw the bank was empty because of town killing and said see ya in another year and logged back off.

How many new people do you think log off never to return because of the bank being empty or seeing one guy killing everyone?

Seriously i would like to see spade/goddess removed from this shard. I don't understand why someone who spends as much time online on here as he does would do so much to shit on our shard. I think the bigger question might be why would the playerbase and GMs/admins want a player like this on the shard. Maybe we can get a 12 angry players 1 bad verdict type thing going. I would rather have 1 new player who plans to farm/pvp/banksit than 10 spades/goddess who just play to make our shard look like trash.

during my 11 years on here i have never seen 1 person do as much as him to dump on the shard. I don't support Atari either because of all of the scamming accusations but at least Atari contributes to the shard by doing house drops and other stuff between whatever else he does.

I agree with all this, and i think we should all make an effort to leave an extra char each afk at bank, its good for moral to see people even afk. I remeber in the day when your computer broke you would run to store to buy a new one just to make sure your UO char could be afk somewhere........lol

I don't know why you people think having afk characters at the bank is a good thing. I've seen newbs come to the bank and get frustrated because all they see are 15 people sitting there afk and ignoring their questions. I've been a newb on shards, and seen the only players at the bank being afk... That is not a welcome sight, or a good thing to see. No one wants to log into a shard, and see the only action at the bank is a bunch of has beens, that won't even play, but still can't seem to pull themselves away.

So we had an angry town-killer page in to report a player using an auto cure/heal macro while afk @ the bank.......Give me a fucking break guys.

It wasn't me that paged, cause I'm not THAT big of an asshole, but correct me if I'm wrong.... But isn't town killing legal, and aren't heal/cure scripts illegal?

Vizeroth

Sorceror
It wasn't me that paged, cause I'm not THAT big of an asshole, but correct me if I'm wrong.... But isn't town killing legal, and aren't heal/cure scripts illegal?
Show us the rule that says these things are illegal.

I know you and Spade have fly-ridden dog shit for brains, but it should be obvious that seeing an AFK player is better than seeing no player at all, not to mention the senseless frustration it causes current players.

MelodyTFA

Squire
I don't know why you people think having afk characters at the bank is a good thing. I've seen newbs come to the bank and get frustrated because all they see are 15 people sitting there afk and ignoring their questions. I've been a newb on shards, and seen the only players at the bank being afk... That is not a welcome sight, or a good thing to see. No one wants to log into a shard, and see the only action at the bank is a bunch of has beens, that won't even play, but still can't seem to pull themselves away.

Why are you so intend in not just admitting the fact that an AFK bank is better then a Empty bank, How can't you see the logic? Even for vet players its better when u check uo at random hour of the night see lot of chars you know gives you the motivation to move a bit JUST A BIT JUST MOVE A LITTLE BIT witch in turns makes someone else MOVE A LITTLE BIT and maby say a word. Why dude WHY do you have to argue with logic?

Twist-hybrid

Sorceror

Having people in town shows people play here. having people gating in town shows people care enough about playing this shard to take the time to run vendors. If i was new to this shard and saw an empty bank i probably wouldn't stay. if i logged in to see 50 afk people, it'd make me think hmm these people aren't playing right now but they care enough to leave their chars here to promote the shard and make it look full.

as far as has beens go, are you grouping yourself into this category? because i never see you in dungeons, i don't see you at hotspots, i don't see you doing anything other than sitting in town being a royal asshole for no reason. i mean you don't even loot the people you kill, but you find the time to talk shit on and kill people in the town you never leave yourself.

please go be a noob on some other shard

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Math Quiz:

a) How many kills could 1 player register per week if reds were not allowed in towns.
b) if reds were allowed in towns.
c) if just faction reds were allowed in towns.

hint: 2 of these answers are the same

So we had an angry town-killer page in to report a player using an auto cure/heal macro while afk @ the bank.......Give me a fucking break guys.
but this was listed in the rules as a rule not to do... no afk automation of heals between chars or self while away from keyboard. ill pull the link... tbh... you quoting your staff work on dissing people actually following rules is getting absurb francis? i play here daily but seeing the way things are being handled by the 1% its quite sad... this server is like america... being controlled by the wrong party.....

MelodyTFA

Squire
but this was listed in the rules as a rule not to do... no afk automation of heals between chars or self while away from keyboard. ill pull the link... tbh... you quoting your staff work on dissing people actually following rules is getting absurb francis?

Did you farm me 10k cotton yet?

i made 20 mill selling trammie cosimic gears... and collected your whole guilds heads.... go pick my cotton... or are you out of your rag material again melody? tooons running short this time.

MelodyTFA

Squire
i made 20 mill selling trammie cosimic gears... and collected your whole guilds heads.... go pick my cotton... or are you out of your rag material again melody? tooons running short this time.

You did all this from forums? Omg imagine all you could accomplished if you actualy logged on UO

melody you still have no idea on my in game chars... i roll pretty hard.. ask pepsi... he knows im quite active. SHit i only farm deceit. with 4 chars. 3 hidden at all times. only 1 has gotten killed the past month... but i have alll your crews head... 3v1 at that... yall are bad. called in back up and still got away with a fattt k/d spread..... i have a solid job. ya i work 12 hours days take tuesdays and sundays off and that is it. enjoy the 9-7 spread of me dealing with rl shit troll... even at that i come on here slanging it out like its nothing... i farmed 3 cosmic bandana;s in 1 fucking night.in a 2 hour ranage.. come the fuck at me .

i still own the houses directly next to his ol castle.