UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tokuno Spawn

lord sylvus

Wanderer
Tokuno Spawn

Is it just me, or are half the places in Tokuno not spawned. I've been looking all over for a place to hunt hiryu or oni, but the only place I've been able to find them is the champ spawn. I don't mind killing them there, but most of the time the champ is spawning stuff like deathwatch beetles and kappas and the like. Plus, I'm not quite bad enough to advance the spawn all by myself...

psz

Administrator
All of Tokuno is spawned exactly like OSI (Atlantic and GL based spawn)

Remember, just like OSI, you may have to kill OTHER CREATURES IN THE AREA to get Oni and Hiryu to spawn.

If you have *EXACT* areas that are empty of ALL CREATURES, then please post where. There may be a spawner hang up.

Perad

Wanderer
There are a few "dry" patches in fel where there are lots of woods but absolutely nothing there...

also in fel, in the desert of compassion the spawn does seem a bit thick... might just be me though.

And unicorn spawn in ilsh... i always forget the moongate, spirituality? I found literally 50 unicorns in about 3 screens in the woods north of the moongate... now surely something is wrong there.

the unicorns are more than likely the left overs of the tamers that don't kill thier shitz after the tame em. They just release them backand move onto the next one.

That crap is almost as bad as people nopt cleaning up their lvl 6 maps...nothing like recalling into an valorite vein spot to be greeted by an ancient wyrm.

OOoOooOoOoOOoooOoOo!

lord sylvus

Wanderer
According to Stratics, Hiryu should spawn in Hotaka Plains and Hiryu Forest. All I've ever found in those spots is one kaze kemono and some tsuki wolves in Hiryu Forest and one single elite ninja in Hotaka Plains. And in Sho Toh, all I could find was a bunch of cranes and goats with one poor bake kitsune stuck on the inside of the mountain. Now, if Stratics is taken from OSI's information, then there should be a lot more stuff in these areas. Please don't think I'm b****ing or whining, just trying to bring this to the attention of someone who can do something about it.

siobhan

Wanderer
I thought I'd reply about Ilsh and Unicorns. There is a champ spawn there on OSI shard (I asume it is the same on Demise) and one of the higher levels (3 I believe) has kirin's and unicorns.

Its very possible that if the woods were full of them, it was not tamers - but just folks killing at the champ spawn and it advanced.

sio

pbguy434

Knight
Nah, that champ is supposedly glitched and it spawns things where they can't be killed.

When you tame one, you can hold onto it, then another spawns, and then you release yours and tame the new one. Makes for a lotta unicorns.

For hiryus its not a set spawn. You have to kill things and it will randomly spawn.

Noir-demise

Wanderer
Remember, just like OSI, you may have to kill OTHER CREATURES IN THE AREA to get Oni and Hiryu to spawn.

If a GM saying so wasn't enough, I can confirm this is how it works on Demise.

If you're looking for a *tameable* Hiryu go kill the trash mobs (deer, cats, dogs, anything that's not a Hiryu) in the areas they are supposed to spawn, and wait for respawn. Works the same for Bake Kitsunes too.

dimitrii

Wanderer
While we are on the Tokuno Subject, Will the shard remove the tot spawns as per OSI once we update to later publishes?

lord sylvus

Wanderer
Which brings up a good question, will there be any way to get them at all after they stop dropping as loot other than buying them from other players?

Wyerde said:
Which brings up a good question, will there be any way to get them at all after they stop dropping as loot other than buying them from other players?

I think you may have answered that :p

dimitrii

Wanderer
Based entirely on the fame of the monster, not affected by luck. But since you will be killing MANY monsters before you get a tot you might as well wear luck and get nicer things from the monsters themselves.

zardd

Sorceror
I rekon that demise should stray from OSI on this particular issue and keep ToT's but only allow them to drop:
On high level monster in the Tokuna dungeons..
and / or on the Tokuna champion its self.

This way it will still keep them in and bring people into those dungeons/places to hunt for them but at the same time make them rarer then they currently are thus there will be an increase in demand for them.
I dont think not removing them will impact much if anything.
I think it will mean that people will continue to hunt in Tokuna when if they are removed everyone will only go to the champ spawn or just go hunt for there Hyru's.
Thats just my opinion but end of the day it would stray from OSI but i personally think it would just mean that there is more 'collectable' things kept on the shard for people to hunt and this would give people more to do and new players would still have a chance at getting these neat items.

All in all i say make them rare'r because they will keep people in areas of Tokuna and promote the game.
And yes i do know this is an OSI only shard but what I have mentioned I personally dont feel will 'Degrade' the game in any way.

*Activates flame sheild*

lord sylvus

Wanderer
One last question on this topic, how do you get the greater treasures. I looked all over Zento for a guy to trade the lessers to, but found nothing.

zardd

Sorceror
You goto find a certain NPC in the town at the 2nd tokuna moongate option..
When you go to the second floor and if you have ToTs in your pack when you walk near the empiror a menu will open asking what ToTs you wish to trade.

when you trade 10 in you get to choose 1 Greater ToT :D

More info HERE
*Sorry have to go be productive now so this is a slack off responce..

fittin

Wanderer
as for spawn i will try what u people said about killing stuff like i do for hiyru spawn...was looking for some yamadons and found none where startics said they should be...i will go today and try to kill spawn see what happens...they are fun to play with and give good loot i think

psz

Administrator
REgarding Stratics and Demise' spawn...

Stratics' spawn description for Tokuno is based on SE *BETA*, not the current live shards. This has been a problem before, regarding spawns, as Stratics for nearly two YEARS claimed Ratmen controlled mistas, instead of Jukas.

(I bring this up because I do recall them claiming Yamadon spawning in spots they don't, but NOT claiming they spawn in spots they DO)