UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

To the UO Oldskoolerz

psz

Administrator
Re: To the UO Oldskoolerz

Actually, you could ALWAYS use the old music *IF* you used SE or older. You just deleted/renamed the Digital folder.

However *THESE* tend to sound better as I used a custom 128+ MB soundfont + custom reverb to enhance the MIDI ;->

Thanks for posting these! Given what you said, they're probably vastly higher in quality than the ones I've done. (which was part of the reason I never uploaded them. Lack of server space/bandwidth was another...)

Indeed, the old UO songs are of infinitely higher quality than those found with newer versions of UO. Who the hell's idea was it, anyway, to replace Stones with Turfin for the intro? And to use DragonsHi for the dungeon theme? Ugh.

This all reminds me, if I had the space, I'd upload what I call "pocketUO..." It's a 2D client compressed into <500MB; I keep it on my flash drive, (a CD-R/RW would work as well) and thus can have it with me at all times. (since I'm a student, I use a LOT of public PCs. I know UO isn't exactly what they had in mind for them, but...)

vAlAkIvI;311979 said:
link is not working! :(
Oh, yeah, it isn't.

Also: whoops, I thought I'd removed that link from my sig when I learned that the link doesn't work some months ago. My apologies.

xaxas

Wanderer

Is the link not working, or is it just me?
I reinstalled afew weeks ago, but it seems I've lost my copy of the arhive :/

Olaf

Wanderer

Any chance of getting these old toons put back on a server for download? I'd love to use these : )

psz

Administrator

The machine they're on is no longer on 24/7.

I'll see about moving them to somewhere more "solid" sometime this weekend.

Olaf

Wanderer

Thank you.

I played UO in '99 and '00 and this music would be very nostalgic for me :) I remember when PKs would kill me with lightning bolt x 5 or my name would be perma gray from misclicking in harpy room of covetous and having npks hunt me down "die dis boy!" (dishonrable) when you lose karma from clicking on a blue hue

psz

Administrator

If you see me online, you can PROBABLY nab the file.

I'm generally on from 5:30pm Central Time (22:30 GMT) until 10:30pm Central Time (3:30 GMT)

Luke Fraser

Wanderer

Thanks! I love those old songs! Th new ones are not of my complete preference. Btw. The file is just for the songs? Or it will change the look of the status menu (The one where u can see str, int, dex, etc) ro the old version???

psz

Administrator

Just songs. To change the status menu, set the option in Razor (I don't recommend this unless you're on Divinity... Then I HEAVILLY recommend this ;->)