UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thorough Guide into the Depths of Group PVP

Squire
Guide into the Depths of Group PVP

// Guide to being a good player during Group PVP by Link.
// I will start from top to bottom, easy to hardest.
// I might update some of the stuff in the index later on if I need to make any corrections, etc.
// Also, a more small simplified version will be out soon when I'm done typing up this hectic storm of fun!

(Index):
(1.B) Building your character
(2.S) Supplies
(2.R) - Reds
(2.F) - Factions
(2.CR) - Cutoff Runebooks
(2.P) - I am poor, WTF DO I DO?
(3.C) - Communication
(3.S) - Syncing
(3.SS) - Stunning
(4) - Tips
(5) - Credits

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1) Building your character - Progress your character into a beast.
Firstly, when it comes to Group PVP you will need one of the characters setups below:
  • 5x + Scribe + Wrestling/Anatomy
  • 5x + Alchy + Wrestling/Anatomy
  • 5x + Hide + Wrestling/Anatomy
I use 100/35/90 for stats, but take reference to the guides below it will help you in picking and building the skills for your character:
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/skills-templates/73542-common-templates-hybrid.html
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/skills-templates/21142-comprehensive-guide-skills-skill-gain.html
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/skills-templates/134266-general-way-cost-gm-alchemy-new-char.html

(2.S) Supplies, the requirements of survival.
In order to survive you need supplies, go to regular vendors, or the usual trammel hang out, and ask people if they're selling bulk regs.

(2.R) I would recommend when fielding on a red that you carry 50 to 100 of each reagent, 10-15 of each potion, and if you want to, carry a mana drain wand (they're useful in breaking the enemys reflect).

(2.F) For factions I would carry 100 of each reagent, 20 of each potion, maybe a purple petal, and a variety of wands.

(2.CR) Cutoff Runebooks are highly recommended because you can cut the enemy off, hit a stun, and bam dead.

(2.P) If you're poor I would recommend checking out the poker boat or some guides on hunting in dungeons.

(3.C) Communication - Is the key to leading a group into success.

(3.S) Syncing, in order to properly sync you need what's called a VOIP program. I would recommend downloading Skype, Ventrilo, or Mumble. With these programs whoever the caller is that's calling the drops make sure that you remember Skype has a half second delay timer before you can drop your spell, almost instant, also Ventrilo - 2.5 sec/ wait time, and Mumble - I'm not sure of the timing, I think it's instant, if someone could pm me to clear this up would be a big thanks.

Now for actually calling the sync out loud you can use a variety of drops when calling it on someone 3.2.1, 2.1.Drop (don't call the periods either), or just "now". In order for the leader to call a drop he must tell everyone to "load", everyone loads an explosion, pick your target, try to stun them, and then call whatever drop you want, and then follow the explosion spell up with a energy bolt (EB) or various spells as you advance into the pvp/faction world.

A whole example-
Load, target 'noob', stunned 'noob', ready, 2 1 drop, and dead.

(3.SS) Set a hotkey in razor/sallos to toggle stun so when you're with a group you can stun a person that comes on screen. When you're running always make sure you have that stun on you at all times, it can be a life savior. The benefits of a stun is that you can pretty much make the victim stuck for about 3 seconds, although that person is stunned, they're still able to pull out a wand.

(4) Tips:
  • Always spread out when you're in a group.
  • Try to run the opposite way of the enemy if they start to sync.
  • Healing is the same as syncing, if you can perfect the sync - you can perfect the heal.
  • Don't loot after you've killed someone (unless it's crucial), your group might need help.
  • If you don't think you can win a fight and it's against the odds, try and use wall of stone, chug pots, and toss explosion pots backwards (make sure you're not in town).

(5) Credits:
Link - (for writing this guide for noobs)

Squire
Re: Thorough Guide into the Depths of Group PVP

Skills, etc.
lb3stx;2046543 said:
5x - The core Mage skills.
Skills Required:
* Magery
* Meditation
* Evaluating Intelligence
* Resisting Spells
* Wrestling

Scribe - Increases duration of Magic reflect and other useful magic buffs and allows you to take/reflect more incoming damage than normal.
Skills Required:
Alchy - gives a bonus to the damage dealt by throwing purple explosion potions. Having this allows you to do quick bursts of damage when combining explosion potions with your magery spell combos.
Skills Required:
* Alchemy

Stun - Allows you to enable stun mode via a hotkey. While stun is enabled you will have a 25% chance to land a stun punch when within melee range of an opponent while you are in combat/war mode. Landing a stun punch disables an opponent for 3 seconds. They cannot move or cast spells. They can drink potions and equip wands though.
Skills Required:
* Anatomy
* Wrestling (included from core 5x skills)

Hide - Allows a character to hide in plain sight disappearing from the opponents screen. Gay.
Skills Required:
* Hiding

@gar

Wanderer

Firstly... wtf is stun ?

...characters setups below:

* 5x + Scribe + Stun
* 5x + Alchy + Stun
* 5x + Hide + Stun

sorry, but ..... i'm a n00b

W

whispers

wrestling + anatomy = stun

lb3stx

Sorceror

5x - The core Mage skills.
Skills Required:
* Magery
* Meditation
* Evaluating Intelligence
* Resisting Spells
* Wrestling

Scribe - Increases duration of Magic reflect and other useful magic buffs and allows you to take/reflect more incoming damage than normal.
Skills Required:
Alchy - gives a bonus to the damage dealt by throwing purple explosion potions. Having this allows you to do quick bursts of damage when combining explosion potions with your magery spell combos.
Skills Required:
* Alchemy

Stun - Allows you to enable stun mode via a hotkey. While stun is enabled you will have a 25% chance to land a stun punch when within melee range of an opponent while you are in combat/war mode. Landing a stun punch disables an opponent for 3 seconds. They cannot move or cast spells. They can drink potions and equip wands though.
Skills Required:
* Anatomy
* Wrestling (included from core 5x skills)

Hide - Allows a character to hide in plain sight disappearing from the opponents screen. Gay.
Skills Required:
* Hiding