UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Theifs destroy action

Jack Merr

Traveler
We need to nerf thief's.

I mean personally, I see a thief stealing from us, i just get off.

I know the COM rarely fight now because of thiefs... Maybe we should have a vote on it?

Jack Merr

Traveler
While I agree that scripts in general are stupid, id personally rather fight the auto healers, rather than a bunch of thieves.. just saying.

And I just came back to UOG. I forgot how many thieves there are. It was one of the reasons I stopped playing here in the first place....

They do no good to the server. I cant tell you how many times in the last week i'v heard "No we arnt going out, there is a bunch of thieves." Shortly after that, all pvp is dead and everyone starts logging out to go play league or another game. It hurts the game play for the people who want to just pvp and have fun. Honestly, hybrid has the best pvp game play, better than any shard iv ever played on. Its a shame the action is getting ruined by a small group of trolls.

But instead of just stating facts and/or complaing, here's an idea/solution:

Why not make it only possible to steal from a factioner, if the thief is in a faction. This will allow the factioners to defend themselves faster and easier without going grey. OR make factioners immune from stealing all together. Either of these things will only make one outcome, more people on, and more faction fights.

I'v been actively trying to recruit people back to Hybrid, but the first thing people bring up is thieves :/

Like?

This is the number 1 thing that is destroying action. U see any fights right now?
whats destroying 'action' is the fact that group A doesn't want to lose to group B so group A makes some dumb excuse (this time being thief, last time being blessed weapon/armor, hybrid mares/bola tamers etc) not to participate in field play.

Shit's been around for ever. What hasn't been around forever is delayed macros and automated heals. If you really think a template is worse than scripted pvp, then I really don't know what to say to you.

I agree 100% with removing any sort of delay macro along with making it harder to script steal on UOSteam (not sure if there is any sort of option to negotiate this with server). Not sure how hard it would be to remove delay macros. I don't think there is any way to do it in UOS without messing up regular crafting macros etc. Would be interesting to see how many people are completely useless without one button macros. Personally wouldn't make a difference at all to me. Also autohealers are pretty lame and should be dealt with. I don't think there's as many cheaters here as on UOF, but I have seen a certain someone definitely autohealing here (who played with the cheating group on UOF).

They are right, Thieves are and have never been a problem and it seems the only ones complaining about thieves are the same people who have 250k in wands in their backpack... I don't use wands and guess what... Thieves aren't a problem for me....

Jesse actually just hit the nail on the head. The weak people who crutch on wands are the only ones I ever see get mad at thieves. Period.

Also what needs to be mentioned is all these people crying about thieves have at least one, guaranteed. They just are not as efficient.

Like I said. Nothing wrong with thieves. Only the single button scripted pvp.

And on another note I think hybrid would be better off without wands all together

Thieves are a problem when all it takes is one button to snoop/steal. This whole process can be done while both people are running full speed with a fast macro. They don't have to stop at all. The biggest problem with them is that it's random blues doing this to factioners during faction fights. It's bad enough you have random blues griefing who do nothing but wall/block you and loot you. Now you get thieves that steal heal regs and wands. This causes less action and more people to stop playing no matter how you look at it I promise you that. I'm not saying they should do away with stealing, but IMO with how little you risk as a thief here something needs to change so that there is more risk vs reward. Making people actually have to open a bag and target what they want to steal instead of a macro doing all of this automatically in a split second is a good idea. Less automation in all aspects of this game is a good thing.