UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Ultimate Tank Mage Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrdude

Wanderer
Re: The Ultimate Tank Mage Guide

Top Samuel;1953376 said:
Yup, very good guide. Man, Tanks would own so much if weren't for the pots =/

a good tank will use pots as well. and unlike an alchy-stun you'll always do damage even if you have no mana

One question here, we dont have SC weapons in this shard, so, how do you manage to equip your weapon everytime you need to hit someone?
Isn't it a pain in the ass to remember to equip it all the time?

I played this template for a long long time but I had SC weapons so it was much easier.

Thats easy as pie. But the problem is how do you remember, in the heat of the pvp that you dont have the weapon equipped and 2 minutes later you realize that u are hitting with your bare hand...
At least im having a hard time with it :p

emzero

Wanderer

Any reason you lock anatomy and eval int and leave those to the end? I find much faster gain anatomy while parrying and also use eval int on target. That way you gain 4 skills at the same time, weapon, tactics, anatomy and eval int.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

You will get used to re-equiping your weapon. You won't use it as often as you might think anyway.

As for leaving anat and eval to the end - I think I explained this, but the higher your skills total, the slower your skills will gain. Since anat and eval can both be gained free of cost very quickly, even when done last, it's best not to do them until everything else is done. On the other hand, tactics can be quite slow. By training anat and eval concurrently with tactics, you are making tactics - and thus the whole process - slower.

The fastest way is as described in the OP.

emzero

Wanderer

Yes you're right about tactics. It was extremely slow using my method. Next time I'll stick to yours. Thanks

U

Unregistered

What is a good type of Armor to wear for tank mage build?

Thanks

Axias

Sorceror

Not sure you even play anymore LKP, but this guide is pretty cool ode to Tank Mages. I like it bro.
Well done.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I don't play much anymore, but I still log in on those rare occasions when I have both the time and the motivation to play. I also still read the forums pretty often so if anyone has any questions, shoot.

BTW I can't believe I didn't discuss armor. Seriously? lol.

Iddio

Page

I got a chance to read this thread for the first time since ive been on hybrid and I must say this is an amazing read.
-good job and thanks.
-iddio

asherg

Wanderer

LKP;1939901 said:
Introduction:

Tank mages returned with a slightly altered template:

Magery
Meditation
Evalint
Resist
Anatomy
Weapon
Tactics

I think this is stated but want to make sure I'm not confusing historical with recommended. Is this saying that it is better to have Anatomy than Wrestling on the Hybrid shard?

Any vet Tank Mages that use Wrestling instead of Anatomy with this template and like it more?

Status
Not open for further replies.