UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Newbie Guide - Getting Started On UOGamers!

PlagueJester

Wanderer
Re: The Newbie Guide - Getting Started On UOGamers!

Rasah;2094919 said:
The ones that are renamed are most likely bulls lol.. People tame them (to raise skill) and rename them to keep track of which ones they already tamed.. Bulls are located above the healer mixed in with the sheep. The area almost always has someone there taming them.

Is it frowned upon to attack something trained by someone else? Does that mean they're more powerful?

I know in a MUD I play, if something belongs to someone, and you attack it, they have the right to hunt you down (or pay someone else to) and kill you without repercussion (it's a game where just randomly attacking people isn't tolerated. Gotta have a good reason.)

Edit:
AHA! Killed that named bull.
Wait...wtf...
They don't drop leather /or/ meat! :'C

Rasah

Sorceror

No that's fine.. if they still owned it you would become a criminal when you attack (the healthbar would be blue not grey).

It is common courtesy not to attack animals that people are trying to tame (you will know they are taming because you will see text above their head: "I won't hurt you" "Please be my friend" etc)

Prophet-

Squire

AHA! Killed that named bull.
Wait...wtf...
They don't drop leather /or/ meat! :'C[/QUOTE]

You have to use a dagger and cut them

Hyps

Wanderer

This guide was a great help. Thank you!

The newbie dungeon was a big bonus but if there was ingame info about it at the startup I missed it. Thankfully your screen shot made it easy to find.

Witch bank would you recommend a newbie tries to sell their 1k commodity deeds at? From a quick run around Delucia seemed to have the most players but Brit West looked to have more commerce spam going on.

Prophet-

Squire

Hyps;2111185 said:
This guide was a great help. Thank you!

The newbie dungeon was a big bonus but if there was ingame info about it at the startup I missed it. Thankfully your screen shot made it easy to find.

Witch bank would you recommend a newbie tries to sell their 1k commodity deeds at? From a quick run around Delucia seemed to have the most players but Brit West looked to have more commerce spam going on.

The best place to sell that would be on the forums for your situation, but spamming at the bank will work too, just make sure you have 1 minute between each spam block. Also be careful of thieves in Delucia, honestly if your going to spam I would recommend Britain Bank because the chances of getting your commodities stolen will be much lower compared to Delucia.

For most people however the best way to sell commodities is to get a vendor next to Yew Bank and put them on there along with anything else youd like to sell. But seeing as your a new player you probably wont have the money to afford the minute costs equipped with a vendor.

Hyps

Wanderer

Thanks for the fast reply. It may sound sad but after years of safe games I'm looking forward to hawking my goods in a main marketplace where there is a good of being robbed or murdered.

Of course it may lose its appeal after I lose my fortune seven or eight times but for now I'm happy with harsh. :)

Prophet-

Squire

Hyps;2111300 said:
Thanks for the fast reply. It may sound sad but after years of safe games I'm looking forward to hawking my goods in a main marketplace where there is a good of being robbed or murdered.

Of course it may lose its appeal after I lose my fortune seven or eight times but for now I'm happy with harsh. :)

Thats the spirit :D

S

skill guide searcher

the link to the skill thread is not working FYI

Spetznaz

Wanderer
I can't seem to view the images, therefore can someone state where the newbie dungeon is please, oh and is there just the one?

Thanks.

I can't seem to view the images, therefore can someone state where the newbie dungeon is please, oh and is there just the one?

Thanks.
There is just one. But there are a few entrances. There is one in Brit just southwest of the bank near the guard tower. There is another in Del. If you started to walk to the healer you cant miss it. They look like you would be walking into an underground cave. They got little rocks and sparkles floating about.

good luck and remember to read the signs. they say useful things. some are kinda obvious but a few say things like page when being harassed. stuff like that.

Velkator

Wanderer
Links not working :(

But thanks for the guide, really helped.

Also, is there no specific forum for skill templates/guides?

Prophet-

Squire
Most of the information in this thread is out of date; I was surprised to see that it was still up when I checked through these forums. I may update it when/if I have time.