UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Day Sosaria Stood Still..

Darkarna

Sorceror
The world of Sosaria holds many legends and myths, some to be proven inaccurate, some to scare the long pants off new adventurers who lust for wealth and glory.

One such myth was found upon a dilapidated scroll, found within a treasure chest that had emerged from the depths of the wildest oceans and placed within the walls of a secure holdings somewhere in the untamed city of Yew. Not everything remains hidden for long though, as an inspiring thief proved by infiltrating the location and liberating the delicate scroll, which found its way into this location by means of secrecy.

Old Scroll.jpg

There are three names that have been discerned from this, Edward , a looting spirit and POPZILLA.

The translation goes something like this :

"I sit here today with the soul intent of making aware the citizens of Sosaria to a great power that overlooks the world in which we live. IT IS TRUE, the Gods are watching our every move, they scrutinise and play with us, we are puppets to them and they favour the weak, we must prepare for the inevitable take down, we must warn the civilization we call our own of this!" *A sense of panic can be seen distinctively as the text seems rushed and paranoid, unrecognisable somewhat,*.

"It started like this, myself *Edward* and a looting spirit were seeking fame and glory in the bowels of a dungeon of danger and horror known as Shame, a place full of disgusting elemental creatures that ingest the flesh of unlucky adventurers and drag their remains through stinking, festering pools of bloody bile and innards. We set our sights on an area that we perceived as safe, an enclosure surrounded by a wall of rocks and barely just enough room to swing a cat around, it was needed because of our foe, a pulsating mess of gore known as a Blood Elemental. This we would call our safe zone, elemental's could conjure their vile magic's that would penetrate our armours but together, we knew we could slay the vile beasts if we stood close and guided our heals effectively.

Shame Outside.png

"The time flew by, our adrenaline pumped furiously around our body as our wealth increased, our reputation soon to be known to the other inhabitants of Sosaria, our dream was becoming realised in such a wicked, evil place. But there was a problem, quickly, we found ourselves becoming over-burdened with gold and magical items that even a Grand Master smith would envy, it was time to revisit civilization, it was time store the goods we had worked so hard for. A quick flick through a very trusted spell book, revealed the spell which would take us to a far away land known as Delucia, an untamed village where thievery ran rampant and murderous thugs would plague the outer boundaries, a place we called home."

Edited pic of delucia outside.png

"After a few moments of storing the loot we worked so hard to get, it was time again to return to the fray. A quick flick through my spell book again revealed the spell to open a shimmering gateway to our safe spot. The gate opened up, shimmering brightly with little blue sparks flying off in all directions but a core that was dark and foreboding and a familiar smell of decay and filth. Without hesitance, we returned to our tomb. A quick spell known as dispel field was used to remove the gate, a precaution to stop other inhabitants from entering, it was for their own good after all, but something seemed different, as if there was another presence that had followed us, hidden perhaps.
Another spell was used, reveal and to our surprise there was another individual known as POPZILLA. Who was this man? A thief with intentions of removing our wealth? A murderer intent on removing our intestines with a dagger? It was worrying, our location had been compromised and we couldn't sit safely any more."

"A looting spirit spoke first : Who are you kind Sir? Are you here to murder us? What do you want?"
POPZILLA was silent, his silence added more cause for concern which forced us to teleport into a different location, into the path of a very enraged Blood Elemental who deemed it necessary to absorb the closest snack which was myself *Edward*. We ran, ran past our safe zone where POPZILLA was sitting, his smug expression told of his intentions, he would allow us to become elemental food. So he thought."

"We hid, hid very effectively in the shadows that danced in the little light that penetrated this deep, but close enough to hear the familiar screams of one POPZILLA who realised to late that the safe zone required two individuals, not one. Inevitably, the Blood Elemental and its vast reservoir of mana had fixated its glance upon POPZILLA, dedicated to its cause, it fired a barrage of death upon its defenceless victim who fell silent into the dirt, only his spirit was left to haunt the safe zone which had become not so safe."

Ed-loot-popzilla.png

"We returned some moments later, POPZILLA's corpse had been desecrated beyond recognition, his flesh and innards had been sucked from the bones, leaving a disturbing sight to behold while his spirit still communicating in ghost form, a shadow of his once former self. We set about removing the Blood Elemental which took a decent team effort, it fell to the ground with a splash and parts of POPZILLA were noticeable, especially his eyes and a couple of toes. After a few attempts at resurrecting POPZILLA, it was obvious that he was far to gone therefore we discussed what could be done."

"Pondering for a few moments, something unique happened, a vast flash of divine energy burst forward, our vision become blurred and suddenly the phenomena known as gravity seemed to dissipate, something had taken control of us, our vision become even more obscure until everything became the brightest of lights. Then darkness, I have no idea how long we were out for, but upon awakening the surroundings were incredibly unfamiliar. Walls, thick with mold and graffiti presented itself, there were no windows and no doors, there was no possible escape. I could hear from beyond the walls someone shouting, it was a looting spirit, I believe he was screaming because of being completed isolated but when reality had finally sunk in, he was screaming towards something else."

Inside Jail.png

"Nothing worked in here, the powers of magery had been removed, skills so simple as hiding became useless, the place was a jail of some sorts, but why? A row of signs in a unknown language held clues of this place. Then darkness once more. It seemed like a lifetime, but eventually I found myself outside in the world of Sosaria, the clean colours of the trees appeased my senses, the smell of wood fires and the distinct sound of clashes outside of the guarding zones, I was a free man again. Running through the village of Delucia I finally met up with a looting spirit, I asked him immediately what had happened on that fateful evening, he replied; "Edward, I spoke with a Goddess last night, The Goddess Countessa, A GODDESS of all things, we did something wrong and we got punished."

"I looked at him, I was sure he had been on Nightshade but who knows, something happened on that evening and I dare imagine what could have come from it if our situation was different."

Translated from the scroll that unfortunately has gone missing again. Some details above may be inaccurate but the general belief in there is no God, has been proven incorrect.. *looks around and goes back into hiding.*