UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The 10 commandements of pet handling

The 10 commandements of pet handling

The ten commandements of pet handling...(i could say animal taming, but taming is just a skill, animal handling is a job of its own)

I posted them earlier, but i will post them again for people who have just begun the path of making a tamer

1: Bond your pet. An unbonded pet is asking for problems. Never take a non-bonded pet out of the stables if you don't wanna lose it. (bonding needs skill...see #6)

2: Your pet may look like a bunch of pixels, but it is more than that. Take care of it as much as it takes care of you. Treat it good.

3: Lore, lore lore. Lore your pet frequently. Any pet below [wonderfully happy] can turn unhappy (or worse) in just a few unlucky disobeyed commands.

4: When you lore, feed it until it is [wonderfully happy] every time its loyalty drops. Always carry appropriate food, or a means to aquire it.

5: Learn the attacks, strengths and weaknesses of your pet. Remember them when you go out with your pet.

6: Skill = control = very important. Do not expect to fully enjoy a pet's strength if you cannot at least 99% control it. It loses loyalty fast as it disobeys more frequent, it may eventually go wild.

7: Power scrolls. If you can pay them, buy them. Animal lore of 110 and higher means you can lore enemies and change your tactics accordingly. This also adds to controlling pets and damage healed with veterinary

8: Animal taming above GM means more control for a lot of higher end tamables.

9: Veterinary above GM means more damaged healed, means pet lives longer, means you can take on stronger enemies and less pet deaths

10: Train your pets. They will live longer, do more damage, take less damage, cast stronger spells and regain mana faster