UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Peacemaking (Tracker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[CODER NEEDED]Peacemaking (Tracker)

Behavior on Demise: When using peace on a pet that you want to tame, it becomes frozen for a minute or two, even if you anger it while taming.

Behavior on OSI: When using peace on an untamed creature, each time you anger it, it will move one to three steps towards you, creating an oppurtunity for it to attack you through melee, all while in peaced state. The higher their barding difficulty, the quicker and easier they'll break free of the peaced state and the more you use barding on a creature, the less effective it will be each time.

Edit: updated due to inconsistencies, my apologies.

updated again, the creature will move one to three steps towards you depending on how far you move from it. when you anger it there's a 1 second interval for you to run.

Re: Peacemaking

that's ok then.

(just when I have thought to make a tamer and tame some good pets...)

hehe, ok... Coder needed then :)

Ryne-Demise

Squire

glxwill;607332 said:
Behavior on OSI: When using peace on an untamed creature, when you anger it, it will break free from the peace and become hostile towards whoever is trying to tame it.

I don't think that's correct. Naturally they become hostile when angered but not breaking peace... If you are "hitting" the animal when angered , that's another story :) When did OSI change it?

ack, i'm sorry, further testing showed that they didn't actually unfreeze completely. per attempt to tame/ each time you angered it, made them move one step closer to you.

they still remained peaced, but each attempt at taming caused them to move one step closer, therefore creating the oppurtunity to attack you through melee.

i'm terribly sorry, i'm still relatively new at this, but that's no excuse. =(

my apologies.

glxwill;607522 said:
i'm terribly sorry, i'm still relatively new at this, but that's no excuse. =(

Don't blame yourself so hard, a misleading bugreport happened to everyone, even to much expert people. Glad you are helping us! We are always in need of OSI validators, coders and testers :)

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED]Peacemaking

Is this invalid? I thought I saw something about changes to breaking peace on OSI - dont remember exactly what.

At first i did report that angering a pet through taming broke the peaced state, but that wasn't exactly true. Angering the creature through taming didn't break the peaced state, but even though the creature was still peaced, each time you angered it, it moved one step towards you.

Sorry for the confusion again.

so, it's still valid. Let's reassume:

Demise: peace a creature, attempt to tame it until you succeed
OSI: peace a creature, attempt to tame it. Every time you "anger the beast", it will move 1 step forward (while peaced).

To test:

if the creature reaches you while peaced, can it attack you in a melee combat?
if yes, does the melee combat break the peace or, if you move a bit, the creature will stay peaced?

Re: [CODER NEEDED]Peacemaking

when it reaches you, it doesn't attack you, but if you try to tame it again once it has reached you it will attack you, each attempt at taming will cause them to be angered and makes them high-lighted gray(or red depending on the creature) and becomes hostile towards you.

if you had gone out of war mode and into peace mode to break out of high-lighting them gray so you won't attack it, as the taming attempt is successful and you are in the state of taming it, it will be highlighted gray and become hostile again, but not angered.

the exchange of the creature hitting you and you hitting it breaks the peaced state.

Side Note: on OSI pressing and releasing the tab key takes you into war mode and pressing and releasing it again takes you into peace mode, but on demise holding onto the tab key keeps you in war mode and releasing it takes you into peace mode.

you're right malganis.

i'm guessing that the creature's ability to break the peaced state depends on it's taming difficulty or barding difficulty.

so far i've tested it on lesser hiryus, greater hiryus and cu sidhe's.

right now, i've tested it on dragons and you're right, it doesn't break free from the peaced state even after i hit it.

also, it seems to break from the peaced state after you've successfully tamed it, whereas on demise the peaced state lingers until the interval of peacing has ended even after successfully taming it.

i just tried to tame a greater dragon and it broke free of the peaced state after angering it twice.

i attempted to tame, angered it, ran 6 steps out and watch it walk towards me a step or two or three, then attempted again, and it broke free.

so it is very possible that breaking free of peace is based on taming difficulty or barding difficulty.

it makes more sense if it is based on barding difficulty.

MalGanis

Sorceror

Heres are some numbers for a dragon with 108.6 barding difficulty. As you can see in diff time column (how long it was peaced), numbers seem to be random, which doesnt even make any sense...

Attachments

• peacing.png
    peacing.png
    30 KB · Views: 79

psz

Administrator

glxwill;607817 said:
Side Note: on OSI pressing and releasing the tab key takes you into war mode and pressing and releasing it again takes you into peace mode, but on demise holding onto the tab key keeps you in war mode and releasing it takes you into peace mode.

This is set in the Client Options. This has nothing to do with the server.

MalGanis

Sorceror

Here are some more numbers for a dragon with 106.8 barding difficulty (i have 120 peacing and 120 music).

First image shows delays after just peacing it.
Second shows delays after peacing and one lightning spell.
Third shows delays after peacing and angering once.

As you can see, delay does reduce if you damage it, but it doesnt, if you anger it (maybe thers a small change it will, but this cant be seen since delays are random)..

Attachments

• dragon2.png
    dragon2.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 58
  • dragon2damage.png
    dragon2damage.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 58
  • dragon2angry.png
    dragon2angry.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.