UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [Kiluad] Pet's speed on Guarding mode not correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

repiovesana

Sorceror
[SVN] [Kiluad] Pet's speed on Guarding mode not correct?

I don't know if it can be considered a bug or not, since I don't have an OSI account to compare... but I found it quite weird that it works this way, so I thought I'd post it here.

How it works on Demise: Pets in "follow" mode can run if you get too far ahead of it, to catch up with you. Pets in "guard" mode will only walk, no matter how far it's master is.
How it works on OSI: Dunno, as I don't have an OSI account. But it seems logical to me that pets should be able to walk or run, regardless of what action they are set to do.
Way To Experience: An easy way is to ride a horse (to make you faster), then get another pet and say All Come, and then start running. The pet will start walking after you, but when it starts falling behind it will run, with a different animation and higher speed (the best pet to notice this is a dragon, since it's "running" animation is more like "flying"). Then use the All Guard command to put the pet into Guarding mode, and notice that it will instantly stop running/flying and just walk slowly. I have tested this with all the pets in my tamer's stables: Nightmare, White Wyrm, Dragon, Rune Beetle, Hiryu, Hell Hound. They all had the same results: they slow down as soon as you tell them to Guard, and start running again when you say All Come.
Documentations: None atm
Code: None atm

So if anybody could confirm how it works on OSI, it'd be nice =)
Thank you!

Erica

Knight
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Pet's speed on Guarding mode not correct?

Ok i tested this today at 3:48 pm 8-30-2009 on osi and first test was i was mounted on a ethereal had my firesteed follow me and i ran any type of horse steeds nightmare will not run doing animation of running mode . But what they do is when you run they stick to you like glue dont know any other way to say it but sticks to you same way if guarding you also the dragons or whitewyrm on osi they do the samething sometimes they will do the flying mode when you run and stick to you and sometimes they wont even do the flying mode but still sticks to you like glue and same way in guarding mode too so yes theres a bug on this on runuo.

TravisMills

Sorceror

That is correct also summons like shadow wisps stick to you like glue also.
On demise you can lose them too easily and they vanish this is incorrect.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Pets on Demise whether following guarding or attacking need to have their speed changed to something between what it is now and close to the speed of those damn hirelings.The hirelings stick to you and they never lag behind you they almost have untamed OSI blue beetle speed.
It should not be hard to fix because the hirelings on Demise get the tag tamed when you hire them making them like pets.

Athena

Account Terminated

Setting to coder needed.

parv_

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Pet's speed on Guarding mode not correct?

If the pet is hurt, does it affect its speed on OSI?

Kiluad

Sorceror

wasn't sure if "come" was suppose to be faster or not, so i left it alone.

telling a pet to follow will make it follow as fast as hirelings, telling a pet to guard will make a pet follow you as fast as hirelings.

if i missed something i'll try to fix it.

Attachments

• BaseAIfollowspeeds.patch
    546 bytes · Views: 5

I still haven't tested it, anyway I wish to say this (you can tell me if this is correct):

In Baja I have seen I.P.Knightly running with his gdragon. What I have noticed is:
- looks like the speed of the gdragon is the same of Demise
- but when the distance from the gdragon and him goes over than 4 tiles, then he "teleports" near to him (not actually teleports, is like it does a [move command on himself).
Also if I.P. uses Teleport, the gdragon will "move" just 1 tile near to him.

Is it like your patch?
Anyway, I manage to try to have a video of this behaviour.

Kiluad

Sorceror

they actually run a bit faster, but that doesn't matter because they still "teleport beside you if you get about 4-5 tiles away. not to say it changes their speed any other place, just when they're suppose to follow you, or guard you, but when they're guarding, they only go super fast when they follow you and nothing is attacking them or you.

if you hire an npc on demise, its the exact same speed.

Just to clerify something (edited in): when i say super fast i mean the teleporting effect, that effect gets worse and worse the more health they lose, so if you expect to escape from a losing battle, you prolly won't do it that well.

Kiluad

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING] Pet's speed on Guarding mode not correct?

I have issues with this after spending time on osi..... none of the pets i tamed would stick to my characters on TC1 mind you i only tamed weak pets. I have noticed a lot differences between osi and this place with pets too. my god... so much needs fixed.

Qaotl

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING-TC] Pet's speed on Guarding mode not correct?

I tested this.

Follow and Guard both cause the pet to do mini teleports towards you without actually walking faster. Come does not cause this.

When a pet is hurt it reduces the rate at which they teleport so that about 2/3 hp and less they very rarely teleport.

When on a mount it is possible to outrun a full hp pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.