UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [Copern] Stacked eggbombs can't be unstacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SVN] [Copern] Stacked eggbombs can't be unstacked.

Behavior on Demise: Stacked eggbombs have the same graphic as a single eggbomb and can not be unstacked by normal means.

Detailed Description: Apparently this is a recent bug caused by the latest stacking fix. When I was making them, the first eggbomb would not stack at all, then all the others stacked without changing the single bomb graphic. When you mouse-drag the stack no number gump comes up - you just drag the full stack. Smokebombs are not affected.

Changes needed: Fix eggbombs to work like smokebombs?

FE

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Stacked eggbombs can't be unstacked.

This looks like it could be an issue client side.
I just logged onto TC with 6.0.13.0 and the eggbombs are fine but with anything over 7 series it seems to be broken.
Maybe they are no longer stackable for SA or there is also this bug on osi?

hmm anyone else have any ideas?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

I can't get them to stack

Attachments

• Demise Cooking_12-12_13.06.jpg
    Demise Cooking_12-12_13.06.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Demise Cooking_12-12_13.06-1.jpg
    Demise Cooking_12-12_13.06-1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 103
  • Demise Cooking_12-12_13.08.jpg
    Demise Cooking_12-12_13.08.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Demise Cooking_12-12_13.08-1.jpg
    Demise Cooking_12-12_13.08-1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Demise Cooking_12-12_13.09-1.jpg
    Demise Cooking_12-12_13.09-1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Demise Cooking_12-12_13.09-3.jpg
    Demise Cooking_12-12_13.09-3.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Demise Cooking_12-12_13.10.jpg
    Demise Cooking_12-12_13.10.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 101

uome

Bug Hunter

Hmm i wonder what we should do about this then?

They were made stackable as of pub 56:
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=454
It seems that didn't last very long, do we revert to them just being non stackable and forget they ever were or find some way around it and fix it to make them stack again?

I.P.Knightly;670311 said:
Egg bombs do not stack on OSI

Now that I would never have guessed...

But Smokebombs do?

And can you d-click the "single stack" of 40 unopened flour bags and end up with 39 unopened bags and 1 opened bag?

Thanks for the verification, IP.

FE

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;670725 said:
Hmm i wonder what we should do about this then?

They were made stackable as of pub 56:
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=454
It seems that didn't last very long, do we revert to them just being non stackable and forget they ever were or find some way around it and fix it to make them stack again?
Valid point Uome
That is up to the Admins to decide. If they did stack before SA or did they revert it back before SA or did it revert back after SA
If they did stack before SA and reverted back after SA they should be stackable on Demise.

Feersum Endjinn;670936 said:
Now that I would never have guessed...

But Smokebombs do?

And can you d-click the "single stack" of 40 unopened flour bags and end up with 39 unopened bags and 1 opened bag?

Thanks for the verification, IP.

FE
I can d-click a single stack I did a bunch but my point was I had the item the system did not recognize the fact I had flour

I will check smoke bombs for you when I have a minute

As far as verification any time FE

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Smoke bombs stack FE

Attachments

• J.A.Pan_12-15_17.27.jpg
    J.A.Pan_12-15_17.27.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 51
  • J.A.Pan_12-15_17.27-1.jpg
    J.A.Pan_12-15_17.27-1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 53
  • J.A.Pan_12-15_17.27-2.jpg
    J.A.Pan_12-15_17.27-2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 51

psz

Administrator

My understanding is that, for whatever reason, this is partially a client bug, and thus OSI removed support for stacking eggbombs.

In other words: It SHOULD work, even on OSI, but it doesn't.

(Meaning if we can get it to work, go for it, otherwise we follow OSI's lead, and disallow stacking them)

Copern

Sorceror

Technically that would make this an SA change if it only happened after client 7.0.0.0 then. But we may be forced to disallow stacking if it doesn't work with the newer clients though. Hopefully it's something they decide to fix (uhh... yeah...). The stacking offsets are stored in the art though, so the art probably changed with 7.0.0.0 (or it might have been a later patch). If there's a way to supercede the arts default stacking offset it might be possible.

Copern

Sorceror

EDIT: Oops, was looking at the old clients files. Egg bomb seems to be missing the "Generic" flag post 7.0.0.0.

I have a temporary solution. Set the ID to the same as the smokebomb and change the Label. Eggbombs and smokebombs won't stack with each other still but eggbombs will now stack with each other. Current eggbombs will change their ID to 0x2808. I left a note that it's a temporary solution for clients 7.0.0.0 and up.

Attachments

• eggbomb.patch
    873 bytes · Views: 3
Re: [TESTING-TC] Stacked eggbombs can't be unstacked.

Tested findings are as follows:

1. Can be stacked together

2. You can remove one from stack and it leaves correct amount in left over stack

3. d.click on stack and you only use one, correct amount is left in stack left behind.

4. cannot be commodity deeded.

5. cannot be combined with smoke bombs.

I could not think of anything else to test concerning this and imo is all ok.

Re: [READY] [Copern] Stacked eggbombs can't be unstacked.

on the one table in the test area of the TC are are 2 smoke bombs one on the left and one on the right. They look exactly the same but for some reason they cannot stalk with eachother. however if i pull another one off of the same spot they do stack any idea why?

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [READY] [Copern] Stacked eggbombs can't be unstacked.

Levi of Minoc;686875 said:
on the one table in the test area of the TC are are 2 smoke bombs one on the left and one on the right. They look exactly the same but for some reason they cannot stalk with eachother. however if i pull another one off of the same spot they do stack any idea why?

One side is egg bombs, the other is smoke bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.