UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 670] Greater Dragon Fame/Karma Doesn't Match OSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Behavior on Demise - Greater Dragons have 55,000 fame and karma.
  • Behavior on OSI - Greater Dragons have 22,000 fame, and ostensibly the same level of karma.
  • Supporting Documentation - Bama's been VERY clear on this issue. She's mentioned this here, here, and even back here. However, the aforementioned links only cover the fame: karma is an open question, but it's ALMOST safe to assume that it likewise is different, given that fame & karma for aggressive, negative karma monsters on OSI otherwise tend to be always matched. (that's what the validation is necessary for, though)
  • Changes Needed - All changes can be done easily within GreaterDragon.cs
  • Code - Attached are two alternate files. "GDFameKarma.patch" patches BOTH the fame & karma to be 22k, while "GDFame.patch" only patches the fame. One of the two is the proper patch: validation of OSI GD karma is necessary to determine which one it is.Attached is one file: it contains the fix for both the fame and karma.

Attachments

• GDFameKarma.patch
    3.1 KB · Views: 6

Bama

Bug Huntress
Succubi have higher fame and karma than the Greater Dragon on osi

On osi once you reach the path of Knight Of Honor the Greater Dragon will not grant you enough points to still gain in Honor though Succubi will

On osi once you reach the path of Knight Of Honor the Greater Dragon will not grant you enough points to still gain in Honor though Succubi will
That further establishes proof here. All that's left is a statement on the Karma level of GDs: I'm positive we'll find that GDs have the same Karma as fame, but in order to satisfy the rules here for making patches... So could you please get us evidence of GD Karma being 22k as well? Once we have that, I can remove one patch that's incorrect, and this can be moved right to [Testing]. :)

Bama

Bug Huntress
NTK .......... I did it on osi test center (Destard Trammel) because it was the only place where I could get a character with zero fame and karma
Production shard would have been better with sacrificing my fame but trying to get my karma to zero would have taken me a while to do
Ouch_4-17_19.10.jpg Ouch_4-17_19.11-1.jpg

Huh, only 150 Karma? That's unexpected, and implies only -15,000 karma for them. (i.e, the same as normal dragons) I'll have to edit a patch to fix that.

[edit]Patch updated. Should be fine, so this can be moved to [TESTING].

Athena

Account Terminated
That file isn't a patch file, it looks like you've taken the .cs file and renamed it. I'll just manually change the fame/karma in the file for now. Please provide a proper patch file.

That file isn't a patch file, it looks like you've taken the .cs file and renamed it. I'll just manually change the fame/karma in the file for now. Please provide a proper patch file.
It isn't? Huh... I guess I must've goofed with TortoiseSVN... Or they changed it in a newer version and I didn't realize things changed. Will correct it ASAP.

Bama

Bug Huntress
How would I go about testing to see if I get 220 fame for killing the first dragon anyway since we don't have the same loyalty/fame/karma feature I used on osi to validate this report?
Maybe this is one where a Staff/Admin person must test?
I don't know how to do it

Athena

Account Terminated
Yeah, only staff will be able to check this one out, I'll get on the TC after I go shopping and test it and post the results here so it can move forward.

Athena

Account Terminated
I've tested this out on the TC, it works as intended now. I gain 220 fame and 150 karma when killing a GD.

Athena

Account Terminated
Here's a patch ready for when it goes into the SVN.

Attachments

• gd-fame-karma.patch
    519 bytes · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.