1. To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for the next version of Sallos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan UOGamers Founder
    Staff Member

Was looking to solicit feedback from the community, as we work through the next version of Sallos what would you like to see? We're a few weeks into a massive overhaul of Sallos to improve it's overall functions/features and delivery but wanted to see what you guys would like to have added. This is your chance to offer your feedback!

This is not a thread to debate, it's a thread to offer feedback. What would you like to see added or removed. Do not debate here please, save that for another time.

Primal Fury, amtothepm and tech. like this.
  2. tech.

tech. Squire

I'd like the ease of access to be a little better..

soo many Sallos errors with 1 common fix, it's tough to even get it running for MOST people

amtothepm and Ryan like this.
  3. DragonSlayer69r

map recall.
    name mounts.
    customize house.
    houses don't glitch out when they idoc.
    see the age of pets when lored.
    see new tiles/clothes/colors.
    restock pots/regs without editing the .config files.
    Hue# checker like razor has with -info

Primal Fury, amtothepm, Data and 2 others like this.
  4. morituri

morituri Sorceror

Map Recall for start.
    It would be nice to be able to see all the types of mounts as we only see them as horses.
    Fix pot restock
    Bring back always light.
    Make each type of wand a different color
    Can you make it to where nobody can go through gates flagged in factions or red? "For All Client"

DragonSlayer69r, Data and Ryan like this.
  5. Project 7

Project 7 Sorceror

auto-disarm/arm when using potions. Resizeable map?

Ryan likes this.
  6. BRN RDY

BRN RDY Sorceror

nah fr tho, make it so you dont have to choose youre client, cut offs, fix the dressing bug, updated art files, fix . music so i can listen to the dank UO music, make it able to disable hotkeys and make it so u can rename pets

amtothepm, Data and Project 7 like this.
  7. BRN RDY

BRN RDY Sorceror

8. spooj

spooj Sorceror

just my feedback: i'm in the camp that thinks sallos works great currently. that said, upon my switching from razor to sallos a long time ago, it was one of those "dont know what you're missing until youve had it" kind of things... so who knows

Interesting features that haven't been mentioned:

-the "memory leak" is prob the biggest issue with the current version (IMO) - increasingly hogs CPU capacity until it crashes, need to intermittently restart the client
    -zoom out feature (not sure if thats even possible)
    -i would like to see map recall back
    -razor has a function that displays % hp update above your head whenever your hp changes - this is incredibly useful in certain situations and doesn't exist in sallos

not much else I can think of.. thanks

amtothepm and Data like this.
  9. kdivers

kdivers Knight

Make it functional with Razor (UOSteam would be too OP even though I am a UOSteam fanboy...)

10. Wedge

Wedge Sorceror

My suggestion would be to make it as easy to use as Steam and Razor. Newbs and people that aren't to tech savy have dodged Sallos because of how complicated it can be to get working. The unzipping and blah blah blah. It would be great if the game looks, or it least has an option to look as it does with the regular client through razor. That way we do not lose that nostalgic feel. The easier it is for people to use, the more acceptable it will be. I'm so excited about this as it may level the playing field for many pvpers! Get r done.

11. Valentino

Valentino Sorceror

I don't think it needs a lot of changes beyond fixing the memory leak. More robust cheat detection or ways to make it more difficult to use cheat clients would be great. I'm not a big fan of the map recall function. It takes away the thrill of trying to lose chasers through the woods because people are constantly recalling right in front of you -- it's too automated for my liking, but I am probably in the minority on that point.

I think adding in a feature that basically blocks bandages if you already have one in progress (so you don't restart the timer) would be great. There is already a "protect heals" function, but no similar function for dexxers that use bandages. I'd love to see that. It could be optional, so people can turn it on or off depending on their preference.

#11 Valentino, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Project 7 likes this.
  12. Project 7

Project 7 Sorceror

^^^^^ No map recall please. Completely unfair for people fighting out numbered or not on sallos.

amtothepm likes this.
  13. DragonSlayer69r

To add to my suggestions: Please add gems/icons something to see when stun/disarm is toggled on.

I'm not sure but i think you could do that on the basic client.

I'm old now, and coming back to UO, I have to squint to see if i have stun on or not. If that feature isn't on steam/razor/regular UO then it should be added. Would bring some quality of life!

14. Sedative

Sedative Wanderer

*skip the tangent for bullet points at the bottom if you don't giv a fk about elaborations*

The number one thing that comes to mind, since I've spent a lot of time on my own installs, and other people's, trying to get them online. If the client was *download, click, play* kind of thing... well i'd have came back more often if i didn't get stopped at sallos errors 20+ times over the years and hit the X.

Next would be the memory leak and general, buggyness or *moody* behavior as I like to think of it. If you click the wrong way you crash the whole damn thing. Stability and performance updating would be a primary group of problems to focus on. Above all else, and also cheat detection/prevention. I've never been one to complain about cheaters, go ahead and do so if you gotta; ill still have fun and i might even win. But I notice some people just can't get past a loss, handed to them: bot or not. So for all the crybabies out there please make it so undeniable that one would have to be on several dozens of grams of mushrooms to confuse cheating for smooth functioning, fair features. Make it impossible to cheat and accuse of cheating while on this client? Lol I'm sure if you got all the cheating cucks in a room you could come up with a solution.

If there were no reason to ever log on razor again, i'll uninstall every game i have and push all in on uo. Maybe not but the sentiment is worth expressing. Renaming pets, auto-disarm/arm (fordexer), See all new shit/pets/mounts.

Restock options; like 5 or 6 restock presets, organize presets and such, maybe even at least razor level macro system? If you wanna really go hard that'd be pretty nice. Even hotkey profiles that allow one to have a few different sets of hotkeys that one can activate, with a hotkey!

Anything we gotta open config for, or any fukery should be controllable within game though a menu.

The above things, are likely universal agrees across the board.

The following may borderline breaking the rules of this thread, but i've never been able to behave. If you wanna debate me on this let's do it in discord live sometime. But my opinion, not argument is:

Map recalling: I hear more often than not that it's wanted. It offers a pretty insane pvp advantage vs anyone without it; with that said though, if you want to compete at that level of pvp then use the smoother client, in 2017 with people who wanna have 200 different functions and 100 things going on at once, you have to speed up the damn game. Add functions like pot timers (alchy) and wands, bolas, diverse viable templates and so on. These deeply frustrating things (at times) are what make the game that much more intense and capable of going up against any modern game's mechanical skill requirements. Those of us who want to pvp, and not walk around clicking explosion and following up with a wall of stone, some blades and an eb; want map recalling so we don't have to run marathons all the time chasing people who die inside when they lose cuz of deep seeded insecurities so they put on their jordens and drop in the speed hack. If you want out, alt tab (while being attacked, it's not easy) and ctrl click the closest location to your crew n pop em a gate out. If you can manage that without dying, or getting ur gate dispelled by tenacious highly skilled and on the ball opponents who don't cry about the feature, but instead master the counter mechanics to it. Then congrats, you got out. Or if you can juke them out, while they use cutoffs to chase you (cuz you understand how the cutoffs work and you jus run in counter-intuitive patterns). If you've ever actually got involved in a mapwide faction fight with everyone using map recalls, the game speeds up, allows for more flowing gameplay and requires everyone to be that much better at their mechanics, thinking in the back of their head about being recalled on 1 screen up n stunned by a cutoff stuner, or bola. Idk tho, i used only sallos and experienced this game pretty much mainly though sallos. I think if we want new players, we need to make a nice, smooth and stable client that has enough features to interest new people these days. I can't play this game on razor, and no map recalls is dogshit, i wanna fight not run marathons and feed my swampy every 30 screens.

Add
    1. Performance/stability fixes
    2. Map recalling
    3. Restock/organize/hotkey profiles
    4. in game menus for editing game appearance and behaviors
    5. Look at the razor options and make them on sallos (light levels, sound filters, auto-disarm/arm when using potions, display percentages, macro rec)
    6. Name pets
    7. Customize houses
    8. See new tiles,mounts,pets,cloths,walls
    9. hue check
    10. ill say it again, hotkey profiles that can be set to hotkeys so you can change hotkeysets on the fly
    11. make it so you can set restock box anytime and even have more than 1 box set to restock container
    12. Block bandages maybe? might make it "toooooo ez" honestly. could elaborate but meh.
    13. Razor has a feature you can like ctrl shift and sort though graphic icons of nearby objects and people this would be cool

tech. likes this.
  15. Project 7

Project 7 Sorceror

Maybe something like circle of transparency?

16. jjjjaga

jjjjaga Squire

My main suggestion is not only for Sallos users, but for all. Add some QoL [server commands that anyone can use. Stuff like [blowpouch, [doubleclick, [usepot, [equip, [gethue, [gettype, etc. Maybe a [organizeme that organizes your pack. The main one I would like to see is [blowpouch. Instead of having to set up your use once, it could simply search for pouches that are trapped and use them.

Other than that, what's already been mentioned with always light, seeing the new art/statics/mobs/etc., renaming pets, the horrible memory leaks, a turn off hotkeys macro, and a working restock. I'm not crazy about map recalling. Makes Sallos too much of an advantage compared to UOSteam/razor. Also the ease of installation... Can't tell you how many times I've had to help people with their Sallos. If nothing else make the configuration work the same across this version of Sallos and UOF's version. Or just make it read from a different file altogether. If you are able to fix the bug that makes it so that you see invisible multis after going to certain areas you would be a hero. I assume it has something to do with reading from maps other than map0, but I could be completely off base.

Has anyone checked out Orion? It's almost completely usable, just needs a few more features.

spooj and tech. like this.
  17. jjjjaga

jjjjaga Squire

Oh and if you are able to fix the range check on target that would be awesome as well. For whatever reason range is much shorter when calculating the distance diagonally. There is at least a 3 tile distance difference that you can throw pots on the regular client as compared to Sallos. I assume maybe the range distance is calculated in a circle radius from 12 tiles north/south/west/east instead of a square radius.

#17 jjjjaga, Nov 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 4:18 PM
  18. The Monk231

The Monk231 Traveler

Screenshot (3).png plz remove the lil box u see on the top left hand of my paperdol. everytime im on sallos and i open my bank that lil box appears and i cant equip anything untill i either resync or relog. also everything i try to equip is transported to my bank box

19. jjjjaga

jjjjaga Squire

Is it only your bank on a certain character? If so what exactly do you have in your bank?

20. The Monk231

The Monk231 Traveler

every character i own, hell some of them have nothing in their banks and its only on sallos.and yah it seems to be the only thing starting this error when i open my bank box