UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Suggestion: hold a "Promote Hybrid" event

farge

Sorceror
I love Hybrid. IMHO it's perfect in every way except for a lack of a steady stream of new players.

All we need is to get the word out. Why not create incentive for people to go out and do so?

Off the top of my head, here are a few of the simple things that can easily be done:

- talk about UO (with an emphasis on Hybrid) on various message boards, social media etc to pick up some nostalgic players
- post videos on various tube sites and link em to message boards and social media
- figure out a plan of action for getting back on various toplists and getting people voting
- making a banner (if we don't have one) and doing some targeted advertising funded by...
- a special one-time donation for promoting the shard?

Please add to this list as I'm surely forgetting simple things.

Some items would require staff involvement but others could be done by anyone in exchange for some sort of [codepoints ([promopoints?) that could be redeemed for one-of-a-kind items / pvp stock / fancy armor for mages? / whatever.

I'm sure there are much simpler ways to do this and i welcome everyone's constructive input.

Please save all your complaints about sallos/wands/staff/trammies/del pond for another thread and let's have a constructive discussion about attracting new players to the shard.

I keep telling ryan he should pay for facebook ads.. I know a server that just started up a few months ago that did facebook adds and got hundreds of people interested. Stick something new in the donation store and put all the money towards advertisement.

Phooey

Knight
I keep telling ryan he should pay for facebook ads.. I know a server that just started up a few months ago that did facebook adds and got hundreds of people interested. Stick something new in the donation store and put all the money towards advertisement.
I've used Facebook ads before. They can be extremely highly targeted so that you know you're only paying for people interested in UO or free mmorpgs, they're extremely easy to set up, and they're pretty cheap to run continuously.

corytoneill

Sorceror
I'm sure he has enough money to set something up like that because of all the donations and custom island money he gets. That would be badass to have more players on here. I am on like all the time just running around del looking for some action pero it sucks when I can't find any.

People should be doing this without incentive, tbh. You want a fun and exciting shard go out of your way to try to make it so. Hold a player event. I have a few in mind, I'll probably hold both PvE and PvP.

Also, I was really super surprised when Tessa held that video PvP event and hardly anyone made videos. One of my favorite things back in the day was the old school ownage pvp videos with good music.

If people want to help, they need to get involved!

(I love the facebook ad idea)

Code Blue

Knight
People should be doing this without incentive, tbh. You want a fun and exciting shard go out of your way to try to make it so. Hold a player event. I have a few in mind, I'll probably hold both PvE and PvP.

Also, I was really super surprised when Tessa held that video PvP event and hardly anyone made videos. One of my favorite things back in the day was the old school ownage pvp videos with good music.

If people want to help, they need to get involved!

(I love the facebook ad idea)

We should all make a slogan for UOG...

"Come for the daily faction town killings, Stay in a tram zone for a handout"

Or to sum it up it's dysfunctional care bear land.

I love hybrid and the people that are here.. I truly do.

But this shards economy is so fucked.. For example people play pass around with PW sandies on a daily basis..

Then we got the hybrid hunt items... "This cloth came out and I think 100k per yard is a paltry offer.. 1 mil per yard"

Lets make it an even medium UOG.. don't delete the items

Delete all the gold.

Code Blue

Knight

How is this for constructive...

Delete all the gold and some stupid fools like you would play the fucking game.

Sorry this is Ultima Online not "Share and Tell"

farge

Sorceror
They aren't gonna do that.

Any ideas on how we could bring new players to the shard?

Besides the ones i listed and the facebook ads?