UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Storytelling?

If we do it, will you come?

• Yes, with a story

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Yes, to watch (listen?)

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cronus

and his amazing friends
Storytelling?

If we do it, will you come?

Update: If your answer is no please vote the no response. We need to know how much interest vs non-interest there is!

Some clarification: Storytelling is considered an RP event, so stories need to be told "in character." IE: no "omg then we pwned them" type stuff. Stories would need to be Ultima Online / fantasy themed. Stories about actual in-game occurances or fictional events are both welcome. Similarly the audience will be expected to behave in an "in character" manner. Outright RP isn't required, but your conduct shouldn't interfere with the players who are actually trying to RP.

A side note: I myself am not an RP'er, however past storytelling events were always great fun for me (even though I spend most of the time taking notes on the story for use in the judging or dealing with delinquents). Some of the stories really are top notch, so don't knock storytelling if you've never been to one.

Cronus

and his amazing friends
Re: Storytelling?

The Stalker;229281 said:
are there prizes?

In the past we have gone with cash prizes, something which is likely to continue (from the staff side). In the past there have also been generous players who have offered their own supplimental prizes, sometimes to players other than the ones elected as the winners by the staff panel. These kind of prizes are completely outside of staff control and shouldn't be something to be "expected."

Hannes-Erich

Sorceror

I would be very interested in supporting this, watching as well as participating. From what I know, DRP considers this a very critical interest.

darkside71

Wanderer

I am Wodahs Neddih, Voice of the Shadow Cabal. From times untold we have been among you, watching, recording. Storytelling night was a way in which we could observe and record tales of old. It is a way for people to pass down their lore to the generations to come. The Brothers of the Shadow Cabal are very much interested in returning to this tradition, as watchers and as lorekeepers.

Sir Novak

Wanderer

It's actual story telling, could be about yourself (nothing involving profanity of course)

An adventure, pvping someone, impossible feats, glorious days, first time on ultima, anything you want and being as creative as possible.

But yea, mainly alot of roleplayers will be there, some will be telling stories, others will be watching, and some will be trying to recruit when others show up.