UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Steam macro to check journal

JlM

Wanderer
I have 3 long macros that attempt to complete a process, if they find there is nothing I have them say headmsg or sysmsg xxx1, xxx2, xxx3. Basically I want my 4th macro to scan journal for all 3 msgs and if found will stop, if not it will attempt to play the first macro over again. My problem is I don't want to spam other peoples journal. is there a way where it will read headmsgs or systemmsgs or maybe another way I could set it up.

if @injournal 'Completed 1' and @injournal 'Completed 2' and @injournal 'Completed 3'
msg 'stop'
else clearjournal
playmacro 'Test 1'

Is what I have so far, and with all the things showing in my journal from headmsg, it still will not say stop. I'm thinking that scn journal does not see head msgs or sysmsgs.

MB

Knight
Do it with alias flags

@setalias 'completed1' 'self'
@setalias 'completed2' 'self'
@setalias 'completed3 'self'

if @findalias 'completed3'
@unsetalias 'completed1'
@unsetalias 'completed2'
@unsetalias 'completed3'
@playmacro 'test1'
elseif @findalias 'completed2'
@playmacro 'test3'
elseif @findalias 'completed1'
@playmacro test2'
endif

JlM

Wanderer
Do it with alias flags

@setalias 'completed1' 'self'
@setalias 'completed2' 'self'
@setalias 'completed3 'self'

if @findalias 'completed3'
@unsetalias 'completed1'
@unsetalias 'completed2'
@unsetalias 'completed3'
@playmacro 'test1'
elseif @findalias 'completed2'
@playmacro 'test3'
elseif @findalias 'completed1'
@playmacro test2'
endif

Hmm, basically macro 1 creates a item, macro 2 smelts it, I have macro 1 call macro 2 when it has no more resources, then macro 2 calls macro 1 when it has smelted all items. What it is doing now is playing macro 1 and 2 over and over since I have no resources and no items to smelt. I could make it into one big macro but it is very long.

Would your set alias trick work. I'm not exactley sure, I not sure how to incorporate it into my macros.

JlM

Wanderer
Hmm I guess if it still cycling through the macros but taking a while because it's still doing work, could it be set to scan journal for X y z spoke within the last 2 mins etc?

silvertiger

Knight
It seems to me the problem would be that the scan journal wouldn't go far enough back to account for msg 1, 2, & 3. Can you just call in macro 3 to do whatever it is you want to do afterwards: play macro 4? Or at the end of macro 1 setalias 'blah1' Grab 3 items 1 stone each and set them consecutively via set alias. Then at the end of macro 3 you have
setalias 'blah3'
if findalias 'blah 1'(2&3)
Play macro 4
endif
Then, either between findalias and play macro or at the beginning of macro 4 unsetalias 'blah1'(2&3)

Last edited:

draggg

Sorceror

if @injournal 'Completed 1' and @injournal 'Completed 2' and @injournal 'Completed 3'
msg 'stop'
else clearjournal
playmacro 'Test 1'

It seems to me that INJOURNAL cant read journals created by headmsg or sysmsg commands.and IF command can only take two conditions.That means:
'if a and b' wll work,but 'if a and b and c' wont.

silvertiger

Knight
It seems to me that INJOURNAL cant read journals created by headmsg or sysmsg commands.and IF command can only take two conditions.That means:
'if a and b' wll work,but 'if a and b and c' wont.
You nest the third one.
If a and b
If C
Else if
Endif
Else if
Endif