UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Star Wars Galaxies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Wars Galaxies

I dont know why people shit all over this game. The initial grinding of professions is hard. So was UO's back in the day though. It wasnt like you could find someone selling 200,000 ingots to get you to GM smithy in uo's first year. The PvP is somewhat turnbased but no more so then UO's. You use special attacks the same way you would use spells here, and you use heals/stimpacks like you would use heals here.

The knocks on the game.

1) The manual sucks ass. It literally will take you a week before you even know what you are doing.

2) One character per server. No you cannot have a mule and a PvP character on the same server. You need to pay an additional 15 bucks a month to be able to provide your char with your own shit.

3) The game requires a supercomputer to run. Fuck what they tell you on the box. THEY ARE LIARS!

Here are my reccomendations for the game: Intel or AMD equiv at least 2 ghz.
At least 512 megs of ram (768 or over just to make the game playable without having to reboot every four hours, because you run out of memory).

At least a 9600 pro/9600 xt or equiv nvidea graphics card, and this is with all the detail settings on LOW!

IF you can get past that, lol, the game is fun. Especially when you kill peoples jedi characters that they worked a year to build. For crafters and player vs monster players I cant think of a better game for you either. The only problem is getting past that initial grind, and actually learning the game.

DeathJesteR FiZBaN - Temporarily retired from uo. You can only hear the same sounds and see the same graphics and use the same combos for so long. Even though I will log on sometimes to pk your mules. Hehe.

Oh and yes i hated daoc shadowbane and eq and ac. I will sell anyone my cd's from these games for one dollar. They are pretty dirty since they serve as beer coasters though.

mattfoley

Sorceror
played it on first day of release

quit 1 week later the game sucked

pvp is too restricted in that game

you need 10 bazillion xp to get good enough to pvp

Galgum

Page
If you want to duel, play Jedi Academy, or what I call JK3. The game is really fun after you get good with saber manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.