UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Standard 7x

Do you agree with the proposed change?

• Yes

Votes: 203 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 33.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 58 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel concussion is way to over powered,
stun is easy to get around and you can heal when stunned
once a mage is conc. you cant do shit about it and you get raped
that's why conc should atleast be taken care of
even para blow isn't as lame as conc bluow especially to the mage class

I would like to see less magic weapons spawn on monsters. The way it is I have never once gone pking using a gm made weapon i always have force or usally better. Its better when everyone uses gm made so then no one has an advantage equipment wise.

JenSlade

Wanderer
i think the spawn is perfect no matter what gold is easy to come by on this server and whether I pay 10k or 20k for a vanq weapon i will use them on the field every single time.

Event horizon im a concussoiner and even i agree its pathetic. Although we all know the stun mage is still the best char if u know how to use them. U say a 4 second stun u can get out of 90% of the time LOL id like to see that. You must be dueling something that has no clue how to time their stun properly.

I still think they need to make this a true oldschool fun dueling era server. Take out the gay shit like stun/disarm concussion etc...take out the gay no spell heal through poison. and put in insta hit with weapons. Fix archery so its useable. Honestly IPY was probably the best pvp shard i played on. It had the best ruleset, best pvp. The server itself sucked major ass and had no mounts not even black dye tubs it was pathetic. People only played that server because the pvp was so fucking fun. Sad to say most people only play this server not because of the pvp but because of the trammie items and fancy unique items. Combine the both and u will have the greatest ultima experience possible.

Ipy sucked beacuse no monts and no black dyes??? That is why it was good and you actually good get black clothes there you just had to be able to win the monthly tourny. I agree old school pvp with out special moves. Healing through poison and all that is the best pvp. Thats why I am starting up on another shard thats old school style. Lately here I have been doing some duels and playing my thief.

Event Horizon said:
ur probably one of the fags that totally gives up once you've been stunned
i fight stun mages all the time with my mage and i can get out of it and heal before they kill me a good 90% of the time
its not hard to just heal up
a 3-4 second para is not that long
homo

When a dexer swings once every .75 seconds and kills in 4 hits landing a stun the first time its to long. I gotta agree with some of the other people here, IPY rules were the best.

JenSlade

Wanderer
The poll results I dont believe are accurate. Im sure im not the only one that thought they were voting for something completely different :p

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
if your going to fix pvp this is not the way to do it :)

ps. i'm pretty sure your intent on the last few proposals was to try and fix pvp, but its not the pvp thats messed up, stop trying to be our hero, your doing a good job passing some now and then, but removing stuff people like and some stuff people dont like is just stupid, its not the shard thats ruining pvp its the players.

JenSlade

Wanderer
pogo i disagree completely. Its human nature for people to create the cheapest best character in the game and be the cheapest possible you can with that character. And currently the newb axer dexxer is the best so everyone is making them and slaughtering everyone.

Its the other way around people arent ruining pvp on this shard they are just doing a great job of making it known that this shard has unbalanced and shitty pvp.
I still say what ive been saying all along, pre uor rules are the best. and this bola fix is a joke. YAY lets give the newbie dexxer axer an even MORE advantage HAHAHA

Ironfist Max

Sorceror
I think the poll speaks for itself. Make the changes!!! Bring back the skilled PvPers :( I seem to be the only one that duels in the duel pits with a GM spear.

-Ironfist Max

Namonaki

Wanderer
Only if these are BOTH made. Keep magic weps, and the two spells. Or get rid of them. I would be willing to sacrafice bringing in a vanq if the enemy couldnt cast damn protect ><

phontain33

Wanderer
RA last for 5 hits, maybe? Ive casted RA only to be hit for 70hp the first swing of a hally. Removing magic weapons and armor needs to be done but RA and Protection are fine. THose are the only benifits of having a scribe template and it wouldnt be fair to disable a players ability. RA and Protection cost a player 100 skill points to have as a benifit and magic weapons are just a huge advantage that cost the user nothing but money or time farming.

Namonaki

Wanderer
Phontain said:
RA last for 5 hits, maybe? Ive casted RA only to be hit for 70hp the first swing of a hally. Removing magic weapons and armor needs to be done but RA and Protection are fine. THose are the only benifits of having a scribe template and it wouldnt be fair to disable a players ability. RA and Protection cost a player 100 skill points to have as a benifit and magic weapons are just a huge advantage that cost the user nothing but money or time farming.

RA doesnt bother me. Protection makes it impossible to lose as long as you dump quick. Protection unevens the field beyond belief, the same as magic weapons. Magic weps should be taken out, magic armor too, protection most definently. I couldnt give two craps about RA, but i guess this is a package deal. And if your a scribe, you should be on the field way more often than the pits anyway. Trust me you'll like it :p

phontain33

Wanderer
Namonaki said:
And if your a scribe, you should be on the field way more often than the pits anyway.

why is that? How can you say one template should be in the fields rather then in a duel. the whole point of uo is to have the freedom to create a unique player which has advantages as well as disadvantages. magic weapons and armor have nothing to do with this. they are added features that make the game unbalanced.
just because a scribe cant be disrupted does not make them impossible to lose on. they are only hard to beat if you rely on lame defencive disrupt tactics such as nox d.

take out items.
not the advantages the game originaly set for players who gained skill points to use them.

terathan33

Wanderer
The main problem being magic leather can not be repaired on this server and magic wepons can. I qould gladly use a set invul leather to duel everytime i dueled if the armor was repairable. BUT its not. These gimp axers just repair thier vanq weps and plate, it is an unneven playing field. Espeically with the magic wep changes.

Namonaki

Wanderer
Phontain said:
why is that? How can you say one template should be in the fields rather then in a duel. the whole point of uo is to have the freedom to create a unique player which has advantages as well as disadvantages. magic weapons and armor have nothing to do with this. they are added features that make the game unbalanced.
just because a scribe cant be disrupted does not make them impossible to lose on. they are only hard to beat if you rely on lame defencive disrupt tactics such as nox d.

take out items.
not the advantages the game originaly set for players who gained skill points to use them.

No, however "freedom" does not mean a begger camper can own the duel pits. Nor does it mean that a template more setup for field fighting (because of RA and MR) can own the duel pits either. Freedom is not synonomous with versatility. Magic weapons were added to make it balanced to what m***ive damage mages can dish out, and if your a mage, then you would get more out of magic leather armor than a warrior would out of plate when fighting a mage. However, all the magic equipment just takes more skill out of the game, just like the protection spell, making it damn hard to lose a fight, unless your IQ is below 40.

Namonaki

Wanderer
terathan33 said:
The main problem being magic leather can not be repaired on this server and magic wepons can. I qould gladly use a set invul leather to duel everytime i dueled if the armor was repairable. BUT its not. These gimp axers just repair thier vanq weps and plate, it is an unneven playing field. Espeically with the magic wep changes.

Yes, I dont know WHY its not repairable, however it most definently should be. I dont see why it isnt, but it pisses me off quite a bit (and i dont even play mages often).

phontain33

Wanderer
Namonaki said:
No, however "freedom" does not mean a begger camper can own the duel pits. Nor does it mean that a template more setup for field fighting (because of RA and MR) can own the duel pits either. Freedom is not synonomous with versatility. Magic weapons were added to make it balanced to what m***ive damage mages can dish out, and if your a mage, then you would get more out of magic leather armor than a warrior would out of plate when fighting a mage. However, all the magic equipment just takes more skill out of the game, just like the protection spell, making it damn hard to lose a fight, unless your IQ is below 40.

i agree mages can do m***ive damage with spells but they require mana to do so. magic weapons require nothing. you dont use more stamina to use them you dont need a special skill (like eval is related to mage damage)

you seem to be set on the thought that protection is better then sliced bread. its nothing compared to stun, healing, or melle. it lasts for 60 seconds and it makes it so your spells cannot be disrupted by someone who only has to run next to you and double click for both damage and defencive disruption. protection and RA should not even be an issue here. it is apparent that magic weapons are the reason the majority of the top "duelers" are tanks. you dont see the leaders board swamped with the all mighty scribes, do you?

**edit** leather armor cannot be repaired because it is not realistic. leather wears away and breaks where as metal can be hammered out to near perfection(or as close to perfection as a video game need be) **edit**

Namonaki

Wanderer
Phontain said:
i agree mages can do m***ive damage with spells but they require mana to do so. magic weapons require nothing. you dont use more stamina to use them you dont need a special skill (like eval is related to mage damage)

you seem to be set on the thought that protection is better then sliced bread. its nothing compared to stun, healing, or melle. it lasts for 60 seconds and it makes it so your spells cannot be disrupted by someone who only has to run next to you and double click for both damage and defencive disruption. protection and RA should not even be an issue here. it is apparent that magic weapons are the reason the majority of the top "duelers" are tanks. you dont see the leaders board swamped with the all mighty scribes, do you?

I never said scribes were all mighty, actually, I said they were much better on the field than they ever would be in a duel pit, protection and RA or not. Its easy to kill somone though when a knife to your face doesnt interupt a spell. Stun is a *****, but a mage without scribe can still use protection and stun. Melee only does damage because of magic weps, without magic weps, melee either does little damage, or the damage isnt frequent enough to matter. You seem to think ive only played dexers my entire life when that is certainly not the case. Also, for mages you need magery med and eval, for a warrior you need weapon skill, anatomy, and tactics, so it doesnt matter if the magic wep is tied directly into one of those, because you still generally need all three, just like a mage anyway. RA shouldnt be an issue, protection should be. Also, im not sure if youve noticed, but its not like i brought up the issue of protection, its kind of the point of this entire thread.

Also, I find it humerous that M A S S I V E gets censored due to these new damn filters ><

Status
Not open for further replies.