UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Spring House Deco Contest 2014!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramps

Sorceror
So players should vote because ur surprised @ the results? I think this was handled in the fairest way possible. Hell, I was surprised as well, I thought the Turkish whore - house would clean up.
I just think the more people you have voting the more accurate the results will be.

gramps

Sorceror
Read the thread, scoring is laid out. Was kind of a pain. One gm said it took him 5 hours to complete his judging.
I see the scoring. I was curious to know what categorizes all the points came from.

So we have:
Originality-7
Creative use of items- 6
Curb Appeal- 6

Do we get to know what the houses that won scored high on?

Grand Nagus

Hybrid Staff Member
We were very fair, and how it was judged was in a post earlier by GM Sage with the results.

Personally, if you had a square box when I was doing my voting you got deducted points, if you just threw shit in a pile for hoarding and wasn't creative at all just piling junk, you got deducted. If you copied an idea or it wasn't very original, you got deducted.

Since I am very creative person myself, and this is a DECO contest I judge harshly but fairly. Also, DECO is subjective. If you haven't played UO long you might think something is cool where someone else has seen the same thing 1000 times.

You don't need a break down in points. You either accept the decision or you don't. Nothing we can say will change your opinion as it's already made up.

gramps

Sorceror
We were very fair, and how it was judged was in a post earlier by GM Sage with the results.

Personally, if you had a square box when I was doing my voting you got deducted points, if you just threw shit in a pile for hoarding and wasn't creative at all just piling junk, you got deducted. If you copied an idea or it wasn't very original, you got deducted.

Since I am very creative person myself, and this is a DECO contest I judge harshly but fairly. Also, DECO is subjective. If you haven't played UO long you might think something is cool where someone else has seen the same thing 1000 times.

You don't need a break down in points. You either accept the decision or you don't. Nothing we can say will change your opinion as it's already made up.
I was just curious to see how the scoring broke down. This has nothing to do with accepting any decision. I only said I was surprised.

GM Francis

Ex Hybrid Taskmaster
I was just curious to see how the scoring broke down. This has nothing to do with accepting any decision. I only said I was surprised.

I have every faith most players would have voted fairly in this contest had Sage opened it up to them, though I believe results inevitably would have been skewed by votes based purely on friendships/guild allegiance etc. I agree w/Nagus that it's pointless to debate this w/you. I guess I'm just disappointed by your opinion. Anyway, thanks to Sage for setting this up, and most importantly....Congratulations to our winners! :)

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest. There were some amazing houses entered and I would have loved to have been able to give you all a cool prize but that's not how contests work. I understand how disappointing it can be when one puts so much time and effort into their homes and yet didn't win. With that said, there is always tomorrow and nothing says you won't win next time. Life isn't about always winning, it's about learning from our experiences and marching forward. I hope to do more and welcome the suggestions players have for the next one. I've learned some things doing this event that may(or may not) make the next one better.
Again, thanks to everyone who participated! :)

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
I took screen shots of the winners and runner ups. Enjoy!

Adventuretime:

Adventuretime1.pngAdventuretime2.png

Diesel:

Diesel1.pngDiesel2.png

Fallen's Hoarde:

Fallen's Hoarde1 - Copy.pngFallen's Hoarde1.pngFallen's Hoarde2 - Copy.pngFallen's Hoarde2.png

gimp

Sorceror

You guys should have had the owners tour their houses to at least one person then. It looks like you are referring to me when I piled junk everywhere. My house was fully functional and I could get to every level of the house. Ever single tile of the wall was different and so was the tiles themselves. My key was going for Eye-Sore, now the winners house was all laid out nice and symmetric, how the fuck is that eye sore at all?

gimp

Sorceror
Biggest Eyesore-best house that when someone passes by they say, "OMG!".

So people walk by a perfectly symmetrical house from the outside with a lot of snowman and say OMG or a house that looks completely like shit with mismatched walls, tiles and items all over the place.

This was not a decorate your house to be an eye sore but whatever judges decided to vote on each category how they saw fit.

London

Traveler
Congrats to the winners!

I was wondering if someone could PM me my scores so I could see how I compare. I entered as London under creative.

London

Traveler
Rules:

1. The house must be owned by you and currently exist on Hybrid.

2. Only one house can be submitted per user.

3. You may only enter your house in one category.

Was rule #2 adhered to? Because the runner up for Creative and Realistic is the same person.

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
Was rule #2 adhered to? Because the runner up for Creative and Realistic is the same person.

Those houses are owned by different accounts on different IP's. If someone has figured out a way to cheat, that is really out of my control. The rules did
not state that the houses had to be designed and decorated by the owner.

London

Traveler
Those houses are owned by different accounts on different IP's. If someone has figured out a way to cheat, that is really out of my control. The rules did
not state that the houses had to be designed and decorated by the owner.
Note to self: Go to brother's house also next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.