UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Spawn rates.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Trammel and Tokuno spawn rates are not OSI accurate, all the creatures I have encountered on OSI in those two facets have spawn rates roughly similar to what fel and ilshenar monsters have here, possibly a little slower, but much closer to fel/ilsh rates than what they are now.

This is very easy to test, just go kill around 10 arctic ogre lords in trammel on OSI, then repeat here. This is very noticeable.

As a side note. I could see a reason for the trammel values to be lower, it would give pvmer's an incentive to journey to felucca, but ilshenar and tokuno are quite similar, there are simply nice monsters in tokuno that are ignored because there spawn rate is so slow, sometimes up to 2-3 minutes it would seem.

Bama

Bug Huntress
tokuno spawns being too slow, nobody really wants to hunt there because of .................
.............the fact that if you kill say a Hiyru you have to go around killing a bunch of other things for a chance to get another Hiyru to spawn
Very un-OSI like

The re-spawn rates were made faster in Felucca on Demise because of how someone remembered them to be.In fact it got added because said person gave it (the test code) "a thumbs up add it"
Though the truth was the re-spawn rate way back in the day was an OSI error.The re-spawn rate in Felucca dungeons were fast on OSI because of the champ spawns which are and should be fast.It (the non-champ spawn MoBs) spawn rate in dungeons where there is a Champ altar was slowed down long before the "a thumbs up add it" memory test was given and added to Demise

Bama

Bug Huntress
http://www.uoguide.com/Five_on_Friday_-_November_30,_2007
"Why did you slow down the spawn rate in Felucca?"
First of all, let me apologize for not putting this in the patch notes - it was one of the ones that slipped by us. We actually didn't change the spawn rates themselves - what we did is fix a bug that was causing champ spawns to accelerate the spawn on the entire subserver. This was causing spawns that were much (up to 8x!) faster than intended, in any area that had a champ spawn.

kolbycrouch

Knight
I could see what your talking about, but I'm mostly talking about trammel ( no champs there ) when I played on OSI around 2011-2012 and for example the arctic ogre lords in ice would respawn within 20-30 seconds of you being able to loot one. The fel spawns just might be too fast, I can't comment on that. However, most of the tram/tokuno spawns are incredibly slow, taking up to 2-3 minutes to respawn it seems, way too slow for profitable hunting in my opinion. I could see a benefit in trammel being slow, it forces players to take a risk and go to felluca to do rapid hunting. Tokuno on the other hand, has a lot of unique monsters that would be worth hunting if only they respawned a bit faster. Seeing how a yamandon has the Ultrarich and filthy rich loot pack, but can take up to a few minutes to respawn, and takes relatively longer to kill than most mobs, makes them worthless compared to fel dread spiders that everyone is hunting, which dies in 2 hits to a sampire, has a filthyrich lootpack, and respawns pretty much instantly.

It would be nice to see pvmers all over the map, instead of a very select few predictable places that are un-balanced with the rest of the map.

Dic Schwab

Traveler
Not sure if anyone has noticed but spawn rates in T2A fel are not instant either. I thought all Fel was suppose to be instant.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
.............the fact that if you kill say a Hiyru you have to go around killing a bunch of other things for a chance to get another Hiyru to spawn
Very un-OSI like
This was fixed ages ago. ;)