UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Silly's Endless List of Changes/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Donation Store

- Gold has to be removed. The fact that gold is being created out of thin air and is being thrown into the economy has been horrible for the economy since day 1. In addition – I don’t see why the 5M item was removed ($100) and the 1M item was reduced from $25 to $15.

- This gold also gives players no incentive to farm in dungeons. Why would anyone spend 3-4 weeks farming 5 million gold

– if they can get it within only 1 minute by spending USD via the store? This has taken a lot of people out of dungeons who would be farming in them… and this also creates less PVP as well. PVP happens where the people are – and there is just hardly anyone in dungeons.

Gold Sinks

- Since so much gold was created out of thin air via the donation store – A LOT of gold sinks need to be created in order to take the massive amounts of gold out of the economy.

- Allow people to rent that island castle that’s in Britain - that’s off to the east side of the counselor’s hall… for millions of $$ each month.

- Set around 5-10 (small number) of rental contracts down somewhere by Britain bank. Since this is typically the most active spot on the shard.. have people pay 10-15kk (or something) per week for each spot.

- Heres another good idea.. but I doubt it would ever happen. The donation store has raked in A LOT of USD donations.. A LOT. Analyze out of the current active player base which top 5-10 ACTIVE people have the most gold on the server. Some people I am sure have well over 500-750 million gold. If you combine these 5-10 peoples new worth… it would be a very high staggering amount. Well my suggestion is.... for Ryan to Buy-Back the gold from each player. I’m not talking about the current 15 USD per 1m… but maybe Ryan could do like half - $7.50 per 1 million or something.

- Island homes cost like 1000 USD donations in order to get one I believe. Well, how about this – charge players 100 million gold in order to get an island home via gold.. not USD donations.

- Sell high end AMAZINGLY new items for high amounts of gold. But PLEASE – DO NOT re-release these items as a XMAS PRESENT at a later date!! *cough cough*

Poker Boat

- This is the longest running gold sink that’s ever been put on the server. It was a good idea.. HOWEVER things have changed. I strongly recommend it being closed down. Why? People DDoSing players there and using poker bots is totally unacceptable. Players knowing that this is occurring and seeing that the staff is not closing the poker boat down leaves players with a bad impression of the shard. “Hybrid allows cheaters –--- well this isn’t fun”.
Dungeons
- Hybrid has been around for over a decade. In over 10 years how many new dungeons have been created for the shard? All I can think of is Blood… 1 dungeon!! People get tired of farming in the same dungeon month after month – year after year. Well, create some NEW DUNGEONS and new levels for pre-existing dungeons!!!

- In addition to creating new dungeons and new levels for pre-existing dungeons – create NEW MOBS!!! In all the years that hybrid has been active for – when was the last time a new mob was created? All I can think of is just 1x… the lunar/spring mobs… People get tired of farming the same spawns over and over month after month – year after year. Well, create some NEW MOBS pleaseee!

Hybrids Developers

- Before the fallout of all the staff that left last year – hybrid had Mark and Suzy as coders. Well, now Mark left to start his own project. Unfortunately for Suzy – now she is the only coder that’s left on staff… or, the only coder on staff that can be trusted I believe. With all the coding work that needs to be done to revive hybrid since its outdated… its so much work for her if you ask me. One person cant code everything! Someone has to be hired to help her out if you ask me. Hybrid needs new content, new systems and new features.

- This also reminds me of the last CUB event. It lasted for months… because no one was around that could close it. It looked so bad having it going on for so long.

T2A

- It being closed originally sucked. But, I agree with the reason why it was most likely closed. The active player base did not justify having all of those lands. Thus, it condensed the players more. But I have to ask this – why close it and not address the problem with why the player base started to decline…? Also, was it worth closing it in the first place and having more players quit Hybrid and to go to other shards?

- T2A was recently re-opened. I think it is fine to keep it open again .. but only if problems are FIXED! Do not think that Hybrid’s problem will be fixed just by re-opening it.

Ultra Rares

- Hybrid used to have actual “true rares” / “1 of a kind” items… well, not so much anymore… or at least not nearly as many as it used to have. There used to be items that were once worth over 10-50+ million gold that are now worth not nearly as much. Someone thought it would be a great idea to re-release these items back into the shard and thought it would be cool to fuck those people over.

- Examples… ranger armor, phoenix armor, singing crystal ball, shrouds, PW polar bears screwed by pw beetles, KASAS, fallon, return of brit.

- Think about it.. people who had say a phoenix set had its worth cut from nearly 90 million down to 15m I was seeing sets sell for.

- This PISSES people off hellooooo!!! I cant imagine how many people quit this server because they got screwed. Hybrid needs an actual “LIST” of rares that are to be released – and to never be re-released ever again. Although the damage has basically already been done. People had their wealth destroyed by this bad decision unfortunately.

Hybrids Website

- For a VERY long time there was not even a “how to join” link on the main webpage! Players had to come to the forums and ask players for help. This should never have been happening…

- The website was re-done after months of care for it – but I still think it could be designed better than what it currently looks like IMOP.

Handouts / Christmas items / Special hue items etc

- In all my years of playing Hybrid back since 2004 – I have never seen so many special hued items and handouts being given out that I see nowadays. Its crazy. Also – all those special hued ethys…. Yellow, red, blue, white, PINK, green, etc etc. Like I feel as if its only a matter of time before ethy mounts are given out that have stripes and polka dots, hybrid armor or PW cloth. I think it would be a good idea to have an event that is based on all of these items sorta like CUB. If you turn in “X” handout/fallon – you get a certain amount of emblems. Than those emblems can be used to get some other kind of nice rare/prize.

- Please though, help get rid of the rainbow looking - skittled flavored- ethys mounts on the shard as well as all the junk basic semi-rares that were given out as well. PVP looks ridiculous btw seeing people PVPing on some of these mounts.. it’s the kind of mounts that should only be seen in trammel.

PVP Discussion Form

- This was not closed for any good reason in the first place. Or maybe it was because “tired tessa” was too “tired” to moderate the forum. But still…. Nonetheless it took away from an aspect of the shard. Its what the community wanted and it got taken away from it. Does the community not deserve something reasonable that they ask for? I bitched at Tessa enough though over and over so she finally reopened it shortly before she left. But.. as I said – it never should have gotten closed in the first place.

Suggestion Discussion Forum

- Many of you most likely do not realize that there used to be a discussion forum here that was for Suggestions. This got closed I believe because people were suggesting ridiculous, stupid suggestions. Due to the lack of staff that was around and no one being personally in charge of moderating that forum – it got shut down.

- Not everyone was suggesting dumb ideas though. But, it did get closed for not a good enough reason. Closing that forum made players feel like their thoughts and what they wanted to see being implemented into the game was “not important”. After it got closed – people were making suggestions in the general section and a lot of them were getting trammeled because some staff did not care to hear their suggestions and/or did not respond to them appropriately and trammeled a lot of them. A lot of players saw this as “not nice” by staff and players were left feeling slighted.

- Now – we have countless amounts of threads in the general discussion forum being created about new ideas – and a lot get out of hand because people are frustrated with the shard and these threads get derailed. This does not look good on the shard as a whole IMOP.

- I suggest this discussion sub-forum being reopened..

Shard Advertising

- Besides some players having set up a twitter account or FB page.. is there no more that hybrid could do to advertise the shard? There are people that have not heard about UO since 1999 – 2005, when they quit OSI because of shit like trammel. Some people have not heard about Hybrid before.. and others have not played Hybrid for years.. well, cant the shard advertise more to help get the player base up? Im not saying like.. commercials for TV rofl.. but surely there are things that can be done to help promote the shard more and to get people interested in it/again.

Housing Suggestion
- Need a suggestion for an item to release as an xmas present? Why not ladders for keeps and castles?????? Im surprised this was not done ages ago.

Staff ranks, responsiblities etc

- It takes a lot of work to make a shard successful and no it cant be successfully done by just a handful of people. I think there should be certain responsibilities that staff members should be specifically responsible for.. certain staff should be put in charge of being responsible for things like –

- There should be 1-2 people in charge of spending all of their staffing time to moderating the forum. Since Tessa left a lot of threads are not getting trammeled anymore – ones that should be.

- There should be 1 person in charge of staff applications. Irina used to do it I believe.. Then I think Lynn… and then I think Tessa took that over.. and now shes gone. Is there even someone who is the “lead” gm now? For a while this shard didn’t have much active staff at all. Also I don’t agree with making people staff that is in major guilds on the server. Look what happened with the Halloween mess… bc of staff corruption.

- There should be 2 people on staff that are developers. The shard needs a lot of coding and updates and I don’t think it should all fall on just Suzy.

- There should be 1 person in charge of overseeing all suggestions that are made from the community in the suggestion sub-forum.

- There should be 1-2 people in charge of promoting and advertising the shard

- There should be only 2 GMs that hold shard events. I have seen a lot of staff events being done back to back by different GMs and it’s not good. Too many staff events takes people off the field/towns and they look empty.

- There should be 1 person in charge of being able to update the website at any given time.

- There should be 1 person in charge of PVP.. and coming up with changes that need to be made to enhance this aspect of the game.

- There should be 1 senior staff member that is in charge of staff abuse. There were people on staff like GM Todd and Piccard that never should have been on staff in the first place.. let alone been able to staff for a while even with allegations flying left and right. Like – taking someone’s item and giving it to someone else who has the same name (other guy a total newb) and playing dumb saying I thought it was you (yes I still have that video proof of the GM trolling the player for no reason at all other than not liking him)…. Or how a GM set someone to invulnerability after they got killed by a player – so they can loot up… or how a certain staff member told their friends where the pumpkins were at Halloween which was a total mess.. and here this player said well I guess it sucks that you don’t know any GMs etc etc. Its times like this where the GMs account should be locked until these allegations are reviewed and appropriate action taken.. but it didn’t happen fast enough and there was so much accusations being posted all over the forums for everyone to see.. which looks bad on the shard as a whole.

This list goes on and on.. but im sure you see where I am going with this. Also I think there should be a section on the forums that show current active staff members and what they are responsible for. It would help the community to see who is active on staff. Also it would help players too.. because they would know who they can go to and ask a question or concern to and players could also see that “yes, there is a person in charge of doing this.. its not being forgotten about”.

Staff incentives

- What incentive does a staff member besides someone like Mark, Suzy or Francis have to do a good job? GMs donate their free time to staff a shard for no incentive in return. Over the years there has been a LOT of GM abuse… but I think it would not have been as much – if GMs had an incentive to “do a good job”. I think staff should be able to get promoted for doing good work.. and if they get to a certain level – they should be able to get compensated. Donations could easily cover it. Staff members on another shard get paid.. and I think it helps to maintain a good non-corrupt staff team.

- At the very least – I think there should be a “staff hall” somewhere in-game. Somewhere that it gives recognition for all the staff members who have devoted their time for the shard. One area this could be set up at is where krrios and I think (irina?) were creating a place outside of brit… where Irina gave him that “cozy chair”.

Sallos

- This was originally closed and for a good reason.. because of certain plug-ins. But.. was it worth it banning the client and having lost a lot of people who quit hybrid? Instead of having just closed the client… I think plug-ins should have just been taken out. People liked the client regardless because it was smother than razor for example. Its good that sallos was reopened.. if plugins are still allowed – hopefully staff enforces rules with not allowing certain things with it. *cough cough*

- Add light levels to sallos

Account Limits

- Legally players are allowed no more than 4 in-game accounts. Well, I have heard people having a lot more than that … I think an IP scan should be done to see how many active people have more than 4 accounts.

- Legally players are allowed 1 forum account I think? Well, im pretty sure people have created a lot more than 1 after Tessa and Mark left.

Staff Broadcasted Messages

- You’re staff.. you should be setting a good example. You should be acting professional, while still having fun doing it. I do not think staff should be broadcasting inappropriate messages to everyone online. Show some professionalism and humanity.. there are little kids that play on this shard.

New Tameables

- People get tired of taming the same things over and over. When was the last time new tameables were added to the shard…?

Vet rewards

- Monster statues.. take them off the vet reward list!! Put these statues as monster loot. It would give people an incentive to FARM.

- Dye tubs.. them off the list! Have this as an item given out for X-mas time instead.

- To be honest.. I think vet rewards as whole should be eliminated. People have 100's of points available rendering this whole system as pointless I think.

Skill Balls / Stat Balls

- Take these away… it makes the game too “easy”. Also instead of people having to train their skills in dungeons for example… people can 7x their char easily within a few clicks. It’s a trammy item the way I see it.

Aggressive Wands

- Eliminate all wands except ID. Over the years PVP went from being “skill based” --- to item based now. Who has the best mares, most light wands and bolas etc…

Bola Balls

- Eliminate bola balls… it’s a retarded item and allows for lame PVP. Was this recently nerfed?? Please let me know.

Bounty System

- Re-implement the bounty system. I don’t know why it was eliminated yearssss ago. It was a good system and also promoted PVP I believe.

Explode Pots

- I think the damage should be lowered. I don’t think explode pots should be getting twisted into a combo whereas 1 combo and 1 explode pot would basically kill someone.

Duelpit Scoreboard

- I heard that the scores never decay. its so lame... Someone can get a high score and never have to log back on or do any more work if no one can get a high score like theirs. There should be a decay system on this so that it gives people a reason to log back on and to keep dueling.

Factions

- I think guards should be able to move over “faction vendors”. Its pretty lame when these guards are set up in torrent positions easily by using faction vendors to block them in and to help guard the base and sigils.

-Move the sigils in each town to somewhere else in town. People get tired of stealing sigs in town at the same spot year after year.

-Create new faction bases

-Allow only 1 faction char per IP address

Stone Crafting

-The items can sell for a lot.. but its not easy making these items such as stone tables even if you are GM. Often you will fail and lose half your stone resources. I think what would be great is if the stone you mine can be stackable at least.

Retaming animals

- If the previous’s owner loses their pet... example mare.... and it goes wild.. I think another player should be able to retame the animal.

Craftables
-I think new craftables should be added for skills such as – smithy, carpentry, tailoring etc.

Virtues and Quests
- This is another aspect of the shard that is not being utilized really whatsoever. I think it should be updated.

** Shard owner has to be more active :( Example... When most of the senior staff members left.. Lynn, mark, Tessa, Oenamous, etcc... most new/junior staff members cant be fully trusted I don't think... Case and point - GM Todd and GM Piccard.

Im done for now.. im tired.. but this is a lot of the things that I thought of that would improve this shard. There are still more ideas I have that could improve this shard.. but this list is what ill start with for now.

Yeah hybrid is not nearly as awesome as it used to be in its “glory days”. However - that doesn’t mean that hybrid can’t ever be revived into what it used to be like in its glory days --- just by there being good leadership and staff being put in charge of certain aspects of this shard in order to help achieve this goal.

Feel free to flame/comment... by the way - the font size doesn't wanna fix itself when I try to adjust it :(

*hopes I don't get IP banned now for having posted some of this* :oops:

Sincerely,
- Bored/frustrated hybrid vet

Status
Not open for further replies.