UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Should individual stats be capped at 100?

Should individual stats be capped at 100 per?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AllasPancakes

Re: Should individual stats be capped at 100?

YES plz YES i hate mana dumps off 125 int ebolt spamming u know whats :C
And MB isnt always a option against high stat abusers since you can run chugg and what ever to avoid offence.

And some one suposed bless and pots stack in buff im pretty sure they dont but he might just be right.

Samara

Wanderer

I say yes on this as long as spell damage is lowered. We are a pre trammel shard and the game will still offer a lot of diversity with stats capped at 100.

If you are active in pvp at the moment you run across tons of strength monkies. With the purple petals and a strength pot they are sitting on what 150 strength? It's just ridiculous.

So in favor of this one and hope it gets implemented.

The Monarch

Knight

Howabout instead of stat caps at 100, make mindblast more powerful? That'd be more fun in my opinion...

Lorthic

Knight

Mary Poppins said:
MB damage, how it was changed by OSI during OU:R, was based on the difference between your highest and your lowest skill.

But my Forensic Evaluation is zero! I am weak to the powers of another mind.. ;[

Azhul

Wanderer

Furota said:
for anyone to be truly viable (as "true" dexxers aren't all that great), magery is almost necessary.
That was the first argument. Some of us don't like Magery.

Enemy Of You

Wanderer

Samara said:
I say yes on this as long as spell damage is lowered. We are a pre trammel shard and the game will still offer a lot of diversity with stats capped at 100.

If you are active in pvp at the moment you run across tons of strength monkies. With the purple petals and a strength pot they are sitting on what 150 strength? It's just ridiculous.

So in favor of this one and hope it gets implemented.

150 str is only 125hp, these people can be defeated with mindblast, note they wont' have 100dex if they're a dexer, they are scraficing stats that would normamly be higher, all thou I am infavor a 100statcap. Spell damage is fine most ppl run around with less that 100str and it's still fine.

hoglegs

Sorceror

I vote no, because there are serious consequences to having majorly off-balanced stats, like mind blast causeing a ton of damage. Also this would cause alot of people to play with exact copies of templates, which will get boring and old quick.

Many people play dexers with 125 str, or 125 dex. This doens't really affect mages too bad but this will piss dexers off. Hally dexers with 125 str can hit an unarmored person for 75 hps after chugging a str pot. Fencers with 125 dex hit really fast with a kryss, almsot too fast but they need the advantage. Please don't reduce spell damage, it makes you actual able to kill someone 1 v 1 with a pure mage character and not a hybrid.

Flipper

Knight

wtf? 75 damage with 125 str is FINE? WITHOUT NEED OF FIXING?? WTF?! Weapons should at MOST 3 hit people.

Elendili!

Knight

Flipper said:
wtf? 75 damage with 125 str is FINE? WITHOUT NEED OF FIXING?? WTF?! Weapons should at MOST 3 hit people.

yeah but the problem is dexxers only hitting 1/10 times

hoglegs

Sorceror

Elendili! said:
yeah but the problem is dexxers only hitting 1/10 times
amen to that. I don't like how a supremely accurate anything has a problem hitting someone with gm wrestling.

"Supremely accurate"
----------------------
supremely
adv.
  1. To the maximum degree.
accurate
adj.
  1. Conforming exactly to fact; errorless.
  2. Deviating only slightly or within acceptable limits from a standard.
  3. Capable of providing a correct reading or measurement: an accurate scale.
  4. Acting or performing with care and precision; meticulous: an accurate proofreader.

Reaver

Wanderer

I voted yes even though I have to admitt my 125 str miner would miss that extra umph.

BlazeOfGlory

Wanderer

Never really liked the whole idea of stats being able to be raised so high. It kinda boils down to who is the richest pvper (can afford all the extra stuff to raise his stats to insanely high) and not the most skilled.

klex

Wanderer

wow, I think stats are fine, in fact, i think it adds diversity to the game. I wont say what stats i run, but mind blast pwns the shit out of people if you use it correctly, there is no need to make it any stronger. This shard is supposed to be hybrid, UOR, and so on. There is a pre uor shard and AoS shard, so lets not make it more or less like one of the others. On a personal note, anyone with over 100 str i wll beat 1on1 any day to prove my point.

davejob

Sorceror

BlazeOfGlory said:
Never really liked the whole idea of stats being able to be raised so high. It kinda boils down to who is the richest pvper (can afford all the extra stuff to raise his stats to insanely high) and not the most skilled.

no offense man but... there are no such thing as stat scrolls on this server

Stides40oz

Knight

Once again another no vote from me. You people need to realise that we are all a lot better players then we were back in the day osi. If you reduce spell damage and make stat cap 100. Good like killing someone 1v1 on a mage. Nothing needs to be changed with this shard the pvp is fine. Dont ruin a good thing. And also yes mb should not cap out at 40. Also a stat cap of 100 will make players more similar, by having the ability to go to 125 you create a diverser player type on the shard. So no, no, no and no.

Status
Not open for further replies.