UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Move

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Due to recent attacks on the Hybrid server, we have moved both shards to a more secure location. The move for Demise has just completed, and we experienced about 12 minutes of downtime.

The new shard IP is 104.128.48.66 (port remains 2593), and your Razor/UOSteam should automatically connect to the new address once your DNS cache refreshes. If this takes unusually long for you, you could use the IP address manually to connect in the meantime.

The new server location is Chicago, for those wondering. Only a little move physically from the old Cincinnati location. :)

If you experience any issues as a result of the move, please let us know!

deathviper

Sorceror
Whether people gripe or not about the their ping (which nobody ever complains here) thanks to the staff for being pro-active!

Last edited:

Musha

Traveler
well , so thats why i cant play anymore !! was wondering wtf was happening , 300-350 ms usually ,was "ok" ,but now its 450 - 500 !

Last edited:

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
2800 now!!! honestly, there's no way to play

This kind of whining isn't going to help anyone. Why don't you do something useful like provide a full traceroute?

In addition geographically speaking, we see improvements to all locations. Specific situations may require some tweaks but we can't do anything about them with conjecture and whining. I'd also be shocked if you really had a 2800ms ping, that's unfathomable.

As for Musha - Australia is a tough one... we don't see any huge jumps to you but as you're aware physical distance to you is the toughest... and there are only so many ingress/egress points for your continent and/or country.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
One point of note - we're pinging a solid 152ms to Brazil and 209 ms to Australia which frankly is amazing.

I will continue to use our monitoring system to watch these ping times and let you know if something changes.