UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Server Wars

What time should server wars start?

• 3AM EST (leave it as-is)

Votes: 154 46.7%
  • 4AM EST

Votes: 23 7.0%
  • 5AM EST

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • 6AM EST

Votes: 72 21.8%
  • Other

Votes: 48 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark

Server Wars

Given that summer is approaching, would you all like to see server wars moved to a later time?

Some other things to consider:
- 3AM EST is 12AM PST, awfully early for west coast players.
- We have a large international population now.

Please keep the discussion intelligent, if you have nothing constructive to add, just vote and move on.

Additional topics to discuss:
- Duration of server wars: shorter, longer, or just right?
- GM activities during server wars: what would you like to see?

A

ASayre

[00:15] <ASayre8> Mark: 6pm ;) Raises the online count
[00:16] <ASayre8> cause more peopel will log back on right after
[00:16] <ASayre8> people*
[00:16] <Mark> yea 3 just sends people to bed
[00:16] <Ele> 3 am = 12 oclock for me
[00:16] * Meerla ([email protected]) Quit (Ping timeout)
[00:16] <Ele> ;x
[00:16] <ASayre8> But
[00:16] <ASayre8> the 6PM s/ws
[00:16] <ASayre8> do work out well on Demise
[00:17] <ASayre8> (after a week or so when the 10 whiners stop whining :p)

The later time is better because:
1. It allows for a greater number of players to play uninterrupted during the late night.
2. It wouldn't disrupt as many people because the later it gets the less people get on.
3. Serverwars is midnight for me which is rather early like you said rather see it pushed back.

Duration of serverwars:
1. Reduce the overall time so the restart + serverwars is about 15 minutes.
Reason for that is sometimes serverwars seems long and drawn out.
GM Interaction:
Would be more fun to see new events implemented like CTF during live server hours, however we still see a great amount of events but as many say the more the merrier.
Otherwise everyone is doing a kickass job even if it is not changed it is still simply amazing what you guys put into this.

git r dun

Sorceror
For gm activities during server wars, I would like to see less monsters like harrowers, and nothing stupid like house dropping either or killing everyone :<

PooSlap

Wanderer
House decay is nice, half the battles on the server is at the GY and stoping MDK for being house hiders just this once is totally worth it =) even tho it doesnt save. I'd like to see longer server wars, but I think the time frame is nice... Almost everyone that uses my vent stays up just long enough to play in the wars but then goes to sleep afterwords.

wheelie

Wanderer
swars!

perfect time....midnight westcoast

duration could be a little longer, but absolutely no shorter!

House decay was a cool addition, killing everyone and the massive spawn the same night wasnt as fun but GMs need to get their jollies too, and turn off guards so we can go to brit bank and murder everyone there.

I like the supply stones, the messages but lose the res gates...they only serve blues
If youre red and die, you log unless you like to be res killed by tamers.
It should be if youre blue and die, off to the healers you go!!!!

I liked giving everyone those gold horse things too last night, that was neato.

perhaps nerfing, disabling, or setting all tamed animals free would be cool too...when blues out number reds and the number of mares is 4x amount of reds...how can that be fun for anyone??

Klomp Humies! Hoowah!

i think if it started from 5-6am eastern time would be great. i wouldnt think many east coast US players would be on yet lots of west coats players would play up to 2 am pacific. i normally want to play till one on the weeknights but server wars starts and its pointless for me to wait for the server to come up

pr0totype

Wanderer
No guards.
*Everybody* made red.
Drop all houses.
Remove all pets.
Add ethys so people can ride stuff.
Res gates that fill hp/mana and equip you what you need depending on ur skills, In an area with locked doors both ways, so only ghosts can go in, with a teleporter out so people cant camp the res gate.
GM interaction.

Jenova-gl

Sorceror
Last night skill and stat balls were given out, that's the first time i've seen that, definitely liked it because I got to try out a template I've been wanting to try. I'd say 20 minutes is a nice round number for server war length, but I wouldn't mind it being up to a half hour. And personally I think the later (or earlier I guess) the better, I picked 6 am est. Basically just 30 mins of OSI test center.

Oh, and definitely no more harrowers/area kills :(

Namonaki

Wanderer
I voted other. 1AM, I have never done a single server war on this shard, because by the time its 3am, i just want to go to bed. If it was 1AM, people would do the server wars, and still play after they were over too.

Scorpio X

Wanderer
I'd like server wars to be just a tad longer, perhaps push it up the six minutes so server wars+restart = full halfhour. This would give you the chance to get your equipment and get to brit and still have some fun running around. No guards is nice, dropping the houses is nice but perhaps wipe all the items and chests that clutter the area as well. Please no more harrower spawns, atleast dont pull everyone to brit just to mass kill. If staff wants to have fun get yourselves a couple white wyrms or ancient liches (i believe vapor did this once) theres plenty of people who are gona try to test and kill you. Item stones are nice and perhaps a couple more rez gates, but not in your pack, those are just used to block people in.

OldDirtyDoZa

Wanderer
server wars

i'd like to see no guards and 4am EST start time. The 3am always seems to interupt whatever I am doing and want to be saved. but if it all stayed the same...kick ass

Status
Not open for further replies.