UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Serious Suggestion for GM Events.

yayo05

Sorceror
I am not trying to troll, or be an annoyance. But this is a serious convo that will get deleted in 2mins like everything else that is constructive on this server, but here it goes anyways.
My Suggestion:
Instead of spending tens, or in some cases Hundreds of hours (as you did this last event tessa), why dont you guys run a bunch of smaller events that take much less prep time, but can be just as much fun. Pretty much every event in the past couple years has been Epic in many ways. Both good and bad. Every event, Scav Hunts, Tessas Event, CUB, Raffles, and every other "big event" has seen so much build up and eventually a really good time for the vast majority of the population. Yet the end of EVERY event is simple, a shit show. Every event raffles, cub, scav hunts, tessas latest creation, and again w/e i forgot never ends. You think its over, but months and in some cases over a year later people have not been rewarded for what they did and the effort they put in. So instead of doing these huge events (again not knocking you guys, i understand a lot goes into this server that only you will know, and obv RL comes first) maybe do smaller events, that any of the GMs can do... Such as more pvp or pvm events. Post them on the forums, hold a raid a month in a dungeon, and the mobs have special loot. Random champ spawns + little pvp tourneys do A lot to get people excited.

I could be way off, but it seems like you guys are trying to take a much bigger chunk of the pie than anyone can handle. I would say most of Hybrids player base would be MUCH happier with smaller, more frequent events than ones that a year later you are still looking for your reward.

Also, I know i have personally told a few GMs, I am always willing to add gold or items to pvp or other events to spice it up a bit. I am sure I'm not the first, nor will I be the last. Maybe you guys should consider doing this, or letting someone "sponsor" an event that they make up. Like how folken did all those event.... they would have been so much bigger if the staff spent 5mins hyping it up a bit, or sending a world message.

Well those are my 4 cents... and for all the staff hope you actually took 30seconds to read this and maybe take a little out of it.