UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Selling unblessed item!" I'm a thief, I wanna "buy"!

Kethinov

Sorceror
"Selling unblessed item!" I'm a thief, I wanna "buy"!

Today I got ice blue (or green, not entirely sure, need to check and verify) sandals from a TBOD that I was interested in selling. I've sold them before at the bank to honest buyers, but today all I could find were thieves pretending to want to buy.

I, of course, am too fucking smart for this shit. They tend to offer you way too much money for it, make a check, and cancel the trade. So their other account and/or friend can steal it when it drops into your pack. I gave a guy a shot and was one second faster than the would-be thief. I didn't have anything stolen from me, but it was pretty damn close.

Now I don't think anyone should be banned over crap like this or anything but I do think something needs to be done about it. Town thieves are fun, but there REALLY needs to be a way to do secure trading.

You might say "just go to a dueling safezone!" OK yeah, that works. But a lot of people lose interest if you order them to go to a dueling safezone in order to be sure the trade is secure. It makes for difficult business. There needs to be a way AT BRIT BANK to do secure trading.

What's a good solution?
I propose the roof of the bank be made into a new dueling arena. The dueling arena could consist of the left side of the roof where it's tall and has plenty of space. To the right of it would be the spectating area within the safezone. A teleporter to that spectating area could be provided from within the first floor of the bank.

What do you think?
I don't see any harm in such an addition because it would add more variety to the dueling arenas and make secure trading far easier.

.Y.

Wanderer
well uhm first off make sure your customer isn't a thief, then take him to your house... and make the transaction there.

It's realistic that the capital of the map is filled with low life scum trying to steal your stuff...

A

ASayre

You can also put it On one of your Vendors and have them buy from there.

IcEp0p

Wanderer
i think thats a great idea... because what can you do... thiefes are low lifes... and no one cares... i love my thief!

Kethinov

Sorceror
ASayre8 said:
You can also put it On one of your Vendors and have them buy from there.

People are wary of fish gating though. That's why they won't want to leave the bank, especially through some random person's gate to his house. Even though there are thieves, no one can PK you at the bank.

It's a Trammel mindset that too many people have. Oh well, if no one wants to do business with me using vendors or dueling safe zones, screw'm :p