UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos and Windows 7

Fr0sty

Lord
Sallos and Windows 7

I don't know if this has been addressed yet. Haven't done any searches. But is anyone using sallos/playuo with windows 7? And if so how does it run on it if it runs at all?

THANKS

nolliepoper

Sorceror
Re: Sallos and Windows 7

Killing a horsey that ran behind a house.

PW horsey southeast.

My desktop while hovering Sallos icon.

Fr0sty;1997248 said:
I don't know if this has been addressed yet. Haven't done any searches. But is anyone using sallos/playuo with windows 7? And if so how does it run on it if it runs at all?

THANKS

When I downlaoded it and tried to run it on Windows 7 ... it said that a file was missing?I've tried multiple times and have also downloaded the framework and everything needed to run it...

ViCeY

Wanderer

How do you get tree hack working in Sallos?

Also, does anyone know where the configuration file for it is on Win7?

r33n

Knight

Fr0sty actually helped me find the config file the other day. Go to computer -> c: -> users -> administrator -> appdata -> local -> sallos -> ultima online

Make sure that before you try to go into the appdata folder that you first go to the organize menu on the top left of your window -> folder and search options -> view -> and then make sure the show hidden files, folders, and drives radio button is selected.

r33n

Knight

If you don't see it under administrator, try your normal user name instead.

Brutis

Wanderer

I'm having a problem where sallos can't connect to the master server, can I get some help on this? The same issue is up over at the support forums but that place is a ghost town as far as support goes. I'm running as administrator, I got everything installed and fixed all the other errors and got it to boot up, now it just refuses to connect.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

I just tried it, on a new windows 7 and I managed to log on it easily.

Althought I had no backpack and my mouse was moving weird, but that could just be due to some setting adjustement or just that the computer is not made to run that type of game.

MadeInQuebec;2020182 said:
I just tried it, on a new windows 7 and I managed to log on it easily.

Althought I had no backpack and my mouse was moving weird, but that could just be due to some setting adjustement or just that the computer is not made to run that type of game.
Backpacks still missing? :(

This happened when I patched up too far. Mouse moving weird was probably due to computer struggling.

It runs fine on Win7, but there is a slight performance loss going from 32 bit to 64 bit. (or at least there was for me with vista 32 -> win7 64)

64 bit runs your applications faster if you're running multiple programs and utilizes your ram 100% better/faster from what I understand.

Simon Cowell;2020461 said:
64 bit runs your applications faster if you're running multiple programs and utilizes your ram 100% better/faster from what I understand.

someone fed you a load of bullshit. 64 bit is more ram intensive all around. it doesn't utilize anything any better at all, its for the moronic masses who need all the pointless flash and and glitter for an extra stack of 20's.

- back to the topic at hand. with windows 7 try setting your desktop back to classic when you use razor OR sallos. its very quick with 7 to switch back and fourth from classic to custom takes a split second so not a hassle even if you weigh 400lbs and im not saying you do. my sallos was acting goofy, still had backpack but the mouse was moving oddly character twitching etc once i set desktop to classic everything was a-ok. run as admin aswell.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

Mighty Boognish;2020498 said:
someone fed you a load of bullshit. 64 bit is more ram intensive all around. it doesn't utilize anything any better at all, its for the moronic masses who need all the pointless flash and and glitter for an extra stack of 20's.

- back to the topic at hand. with windows 7 try setting your desktop back to classic when you use razor OR sallos. its very quick with 7 to switch back and fourth from classic to custom takes a split second so not a hassle even if you weigh 400lbs and im not saying you do. my sallos was acting goofy, still had backpack but the mouse was moving oddly character twitching etc once i set desktop to classic everything was a-ok. run as admin aswell.

64bit Operating systems such as Windows 7 in this case recognize and utililize 4096MB+ of ram [ although not required to operate ] whereas 32bit is limited to the use of 3072MB or ram. 64bit also has the advantage of running multiple 64bit applications much more easily and a lot faster than any 32bit setup. As far as the performance gains from one to the other is negligible. That part really would come down to the driver for your display adapter.

nolliepoper;2020334 said:
Why didn't you just stick with 32bit?
The loss isn't huge, and why not switch to 64 bit? Some of the most intensive programs I use come in a 64 bit version and if I can make better use of my processors why not?

lb3stx

Sorceror

drakrum-hybrid;2020585 said:
64bit Operating systems such as Windows 7 in this case recognize and utililize 4096MB+ of ram [ although not required to operate ] whereas 32bit is limited to the use of 3072MB or ram. 64bit also has the advantage of running multiple 64bit applications much more easily and a lot faster than any 32bit setup. As far as the performance gains from one to the other is negligible. That part really would come down to the driver for your display adapter.

That's a common misconception. Microsoft limits their low end 32 bit (all desktop and low end server) OSes to 4GB of ram by disabling PAE. In other versions like server 32 bit 2003 enterprise server, you can run 64 GB of RAM. Even oldschool 32 bit windows 2000 advanced server let you run 16GB. The thing that sucks about 32 bit microsoft operating systems is that it reserves 2GB of your 4GB of memory by default for the kernel. That means even though you have 4GB of ram all of the applications running on your computer have to share the remaining 2GB of memory even if the kernel isn't using half of the 2GB that is allocated to it. Linux is similar but you can compile support into the kernel to support up to 64GB of ram if you wish. If you can run 64 bit w7 on your hardware and your apps run fine with it, run 64. Its teh futurez.

MC BacK1989

Sorceror

ok... i jsut got my sallos ready and its kinda running smooth... soemtimes its lagging a bit but i guess that also my pc and my ping.

my problem is:

1. on my paperdoll i see no backpack.... its all black there.

2. my restock agent is fucked up.... i just tried teh command once and cancled it with escape, when i wanned to do it in my house at my reg box, its not doing anything anymore... just like i wrote nothing...

thx for reading this and i hope you cna help me a bit