UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RunUO Development.

Xavier

Account Terminated
As I am sure a lot of you can already see, our approach at bugtracking / development on the forums is just unsustainable. Ryan announced some months ago, we would be moving the operations to a more appropriate bug tracker; hence JIRA. Along with good tracking, records, changelogs, etc., it offers an easy way to centralize all RunUO projects into a single system.

There are three major projects tracked here, ConnectUO, Razor, and RunUO.

JIRA is now available at http://jira.runuo.com/ and Athena and Eos have been working on migrating all the current issues into it.

Currently, signup is restricted. If you are interested in an account to report bugs with, I can set that up for you. We are also going to maintain a minimal version of the forums bugs section for reporting, at least for the time being. We may keep it if it proves to be a good resource for bug reporting.

We will be welcoming all who have helped in the past, and wish to help still. That goes for research and coding alike. If you would like reporting access, or considering joining the development team, please do contact me, ( email: [email protected] ), Mark or Ryan. Start with me, since it was my choice to create this extra work until we are settled and agreed on how to allow signups.

Im sure this question will come up. What are we going to do with whats on the forums? As I said, the in progress / validated reports will be moved to JIRA. The completed items may very well be left as an archive on the forums

The full JIRA documentaion is available at the vendor's website: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/

Thanks to all of you who have helped, be it research, validations, coding, or testing new code on the test center. We, staff and players alike, have played a part in getting RunUO moving along well, and that's something to feel good about.

A complete change history of the last 6 weeks or so will be available soon !!

Thanks everyone.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Using JIRA

In order to create a new report, you will need to log in and use the "create issue" link in the upper right-hand area of JIRA. When you click this link, it will prompt you for the project name and issue type. Please be sure this is set to RunUO before you create the new issue.

Createnew.JPG proj.JPG

These are the most important of the option you need to fill out.

You will then see a template with the first two places set, based on the info you provided previously. Then, there is a "Summary" field. Please put an accurate, but short description here.

"Priority" should directly the severity of / problems caused by this issue. This was not intended to be used to used as an attempt to get simple things fixed sooner.

You will see a "Components" item as well. There are two options: scripts and server. For those who are not familiar with the RunUO project: decor, specific mobiles, weapons, crafting system problems, etc., are examples of the types of things in the scripts section. Server would include lower level issues like packet changes. If you are unsure of which to set, leave it as a Scripts project, and we can get it moved appropriately.

"Affects versions" should be set to the most recent release version of RunUO. Those are not the SVN versions. The RunUO "release versions", are 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, etc.

"Assignee" can be left as unassigned. You can assign it in some situations, such as you to yourself, if you're going to code it, or if you know that a developer is working in something related.

The environment box is needed information about the system that RunUO had an issue with. Operating system and version, memory, cpu, etc., would be valuable information here. If your bug was found on a RunUO shard, just cite the shard name here.

"Description" This is where you can make in-depth information about the problem. The more info the better. You should include ALL relevant information here, including the behavior of related thing on Demise and on OSI. OSI is how we want to do it.

Patches, documentation, etc, can be uploaded near the end of this page. PLEASE post patch files, rather than source code files. This makes things a lot easier on us.

And at the end, a 'Labels' option. You can put keywords here that will make this easier to find in a search.

JIRA.JPG

On the issues tab, the main page will have search options and settings to filter the problems. Use this to locate existing issues. It is a good idea to do this first, to make sure you are not posting a duplicate report.

issuesw.JPG

On the issues' page, you can comment on it, assign it (depending on your access level), edit the issue, and resolve / close the issue.

At the time of closing, please provide the target RunUO release version, and any data or code you have (if you haven't already) for this issue.

The "see" field can be used to reference forms reports, etc.

But most of all, the important things are: being accurate and concise, and leaving bias's such as "Id love my dragon fixed cause he will be stronger, but I don't want the BOD fixes, because it will make BODs harder!!"

issuepage.JPG

Oh. Also, "creating issues" does not mean go to luna and rage on everyone. (sorry, i couldnt help myself here !) :)