UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Respect For Atta

jharris

Wanderer
Re: Respect For Atta

Dark Skorpio;208036 said:
You don't have to take classes, you can look it up. Of course, in classes, they teach you not to because it's a bad habbit.

Not to be nitpicky but habit only has one 'b'.

Also, you may start a sentence using 'and' but only for emphasis. Authors and writers use it intentionally, however sparingly. Journalists use it frequently. That does not make it correct. I would suggest highly against turning in a term paper in which 'and' was used to begin any sentence. :cool:

And for all you naysayers' further enrichment:

STARTING A SENTENCE WITH A CONJUNCTION

In the past, schools were rigid in their ruling that sentences could not start with conjunctions, such as "And" or "But". However, nowadays, this practice is considered acceptable.
I was certain he did it for the money. But, having read his diary, I
have a new theory.

The two most common conjunctions used in this way are "And" (meaning "In addition") and "But" (meaning "However"). It is usual to follow each with a comma.

Whilst it is acceptable to use "And" or "But" to start a sentence, this practice should be limited and only used for effect and impact. If you find yourself using them too often, you should consider changing the style of your writing.

Source: http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/conjunctions_lessons.htm

That concludes today's grammar lesson.
Now let's see some recipies!

jharris

Wanderer

Dingus-demise;208577 said:
Wee. This should be over, kind of a shame anyone could have looked that up.

Do you have any better suggestions for me to be doing at work? Besides, that is, doing what I actually get paid to do, which is essentially nothing anyway. LOL.

Scorpio X

Wanderer

hearshot;208573 said:
Not to be nitpicky but habit only has one 'b'.

Also, you may start a sentence using 'and' but only for emphasis. Authors and writers use it intentionally, however sparingly. Journalists use it frequently. That does not make it correct. I would suggest highly against turning in a term paper in which 'and' was used to begin any sentence. :cool:
Yeah, that was probably a typo or I just wasn't paying attention, either way my bad.

[Drakull]

Knight

The-Extremist;207902 said:
Killed me at coon but was nice enuf to res me and heal me walk me out of coon and get me bandaids for my pets. thanks bro. btw vulgar got owned by my pets lmao sorry man.
Extremist[Tar]
That's something hard to find now, people acting like in the old days :) My kudos to Atta :)

Ill say this. Even tho i hate .E with a raging passion. I do admit that they are extremely good at what they do, Including atta.