UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Razor 1.0.14 Update Notice

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
The UOGamers team will now be maintaining Razor, guaranteeing full compatibility for the latest UO clients and adding new features.

The new website for Razor is now: http://www.uogamers.com/razor/

If you are currently running an older RunUO.com-based install of Razor, you will need to reinstall Razor from the new location. Further updates will then be fetched automatically. (Using the installer will not affect any profiles or macros you have created.)

If you experience any issues updating or running Razor, please let us know!

Thank you Eos. You identified a problem quickly and clearly provided a solution at a reasonable pace. You rock!

UPDATE: I also needed to go to the razor folder after installing the latest razor from Eos' link above and manually ran updater.exe After I did that, everything is PEACHY PERFECT.

Reactions: Eos

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Razor 1.0.14.3 has just been released. You can force an update by running Updater.exe (as administrator), or wait for Razor to check.

Changes in this release:
  • Added -M command (shortcut for -Macro).
  • Added -Info command.
  • The light levels filter now restores the actual light level when disabled.
  • Auto-stack resources at feet will now drop resources next to the character.
  • Fixed movement in macros.
  • Added spells filter.
  • Added chivalry spells to spell formatting.
  • Fixed occasional splash screen error message.
  • Miscellaneous new packet compatibility fixes.

MB

Knight
My scavenger isn't working properly since updating. Champ gold makes a hundred action queue and only one or two piles get scavenged. Any macros after that do nothing and just build on to the queue until I relog the client.

MB

Knight
I was ignoring messages to manually update til a few days ago. I knew it was a trick!

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
My scavenger isn't working properly since updating. Champ gold makes a hundred action queue and only one or two piles get scavenged. Any macros after that do nothing and just build on to the queue until I relog the client.
I'll fix this. :)

Edit: Actually, you may just have not set the correct object delay under "More Options". It gets stuck when you try to pick up items too fast. Scavenger is working fine for me otherwise.

what is the correct object delay? I think mine is set to 1000ms and if I have it enabled and try to move more than one step before all gold within range has been picked up then I will be in queue purgatory too. (this is particularly bad when the gold is under the floor and it can't be picked up but it adds to the queue anyways)

Blesh Terra

Sorceror

Exec: Clear Drag/Drop Queue
Exec: Resynchronize Client
Exec: Clear Scavenger Cache
Exec: Drop What You are Currently Holding

Code:
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1309|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1389|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1337|
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1368|

MB

Knight
Mine is set at 800, I haven't changed anything from what I've always done besides doing the two recent updates.

Armistices

Sorceror
i can't seem to get drop what you are currently holding to work properly. my macro is the one blesh terra posted. hm...

i keep getting the message you are not holding anything

sk8nomad

Sorceror
i'm trying to gate resources to my house, the razor bugs out and acts like its in my cursor still when i try to set it down, then I relog because I cannot pick anything up, and my resources are at my feet.

TriNitY706

Wanderer
I'm not sure about anyone else but the updated Razor version(s) do not work properly for me more often than not becomes unresponsive. Razor macros, functions, even in-game commands (like pet commands, etc.) stop working and I would e forced to close UO and restart Razor.

I updated my client to the new UO client version from the UO site, patched it all the way up and things got even worse.

I now use Razor version 1.0.13.4 and everything works as it had before for the most part, sometimes the Razor "dress" functions or macros link themselves to the same object (for some reason they like link themselves to the scissors in my bag LoL), I'm not sure if it is due to them being used in series before each is completed or something else. Resetting the hotkey fixes this issue though and is much better than relogging the newer version IMO.

Lord Zegis

Wanderer
If Razor is now being supported on UO Gamers, should there not be an actual Forum section for Razor now? Not hiding it in an obscure randomly selected sub section? Pretty sure Home/Forums/Razor/ would be optimal compared to Home/Forums/UOGamers:Demise/DemiseAnnouncements/ShardNews/. At least more than a few people would be able to locate official threads related to Razor here with a proper section for it.

Also it might help if the links in Razor itself were updated. Currently the link for Razor users guide points to http://www.runuo.com/razor/guide.php , The Razor Homepage link points to http://www.runuo.com/razor/ , And the link for the Razor Discussion Forum points to http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-cutting-edge-uo-assistant. All of these are dead links.

I have been using Razor for a while and like it's overall ease of use, but the Macro scripting functionality could Really use some work in my opinion, like extending its capabilities toward Easy UO's editable and superior scripting abilities. or at least like Assist UO, or UO Steam or whatever its called now's editable macros.

I haven't gone into any real depth yet, but looking at the source code for Razor it seems the crypt and linker libraries are missing, and are also not in the UltimaSDK. Do you have the source code for these? or just somehow use the pre-compiled files as includes when compiling the Razor source code?

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
If Razor is now being supported on UO Gamers, should there not be an actual Forum section for Razor now? Not hiding it in an obscure randomly selected sub section? Pretty sure Home/Forums/Razor/ would be optimal compared to Home/Forums/UOGamers:Demise/DemiseAnnouncements/ShardNews/. At least more than a few people would be able to locate official threads related to Razor here with a proper section for it.
I like this idea, I'll look into it. :)

Also it might help if the links in Razor itself were updated. Currently the link for Razor users guide points to http://www.runuo.com/razor/guide.php , The Razor Homepage link points to http://www.runuo.com/razor/ , And the link for the Razor Discussion Forum points to http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-cutting-edge-uo-assistant. All of these are dead links.
This is already fixed for an upcoming release, I expect to release it during this week. (Along with some other stuff.)

I have been using Razor for a while and like it's overall ease of use, but the Macro scripting functionality could Really use some work in my opinion, like extending its capabilities toward Easy UO's editable and superior scripting abilities. or at least like Assist UO, or UO Steam or whatever its called now's editable macros.
Razor's macros are already editable through editing the .macro files themselves, but this could indeed use some work in the UI. I'm not so sure about adding more EasyUO-esque scripting capabilities, Razor is Razor for a reason (and not UOG's EasyUO). This would go against what a lot of Razor users believe a UO assistant should do.

I haven't gone into any real depth yet, but looking at the source code for Razor it seems the crypt and linker libraries are missing, and are also not in the UltimaSDK. Do you have the source code for these? or just somehow use the pre-compiled files as includes when compiling the Razor source code?
This release isn't building off of Razor source code published elsewhere, it's Zippy's original and complete source code. We are maintaining Crypt as well. :)

Lord Zegis

Wanderer
I like that Razor now has a dedicated forum section. Much easier to locate :) And the links in Razor are no longer dead. yay. lol
As far as the Macro comment I guess I was more suggesting the ability to edit and add lines in the script by simply typing the commands on the lines. Not necessarily the functionality of something like EUO. And while Razor does store the macros in a text file, the format is not very readable or editable without documentation as to its format, or knowledge of how Razor parses it, not to mention it is stored in a place that the majority of users doesn't even know exists.