UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

questions of a noob

kaijick

Wanderer
Re: questions of a noob

ah ok cool =) id honestly though about makin a thief to steal stuff to help my tailor or bard make some cash lol. you know...faster resources, go jack peoples cotton or something...yes thats evil i know but i DID think about it lol. alot of peopleprobly do stuff like that dont they?

I mostly just get PKs trying to just outright kill my merchants for my loot. Most thieves I encounter just try and steal my reagents when I'm not paying attention.

kaijick

Wanderer

ya but im not strong enough to just kill somebody yet lol.

and why does everybody seem to use a mage for pvp and not like, a war or something...

Mages are more abundant then warriors, but I still see plenty, mostly lumberjacks for the huge damage output. I personally use hybrids and make tank mages. Many use magery for transportation, healing, and the ability to use magic reflection to block some spells.

kaijick

Wanderer

so what would be good for a pvp character? i see alot of dexxer suggestions and mage suggestions so im lookin for opinions on which is better (and why)

I like using my tank mage [Macer] for a combination of magery and being able to pound away with a hammer.

My template:

Magery
Meditation
Evaluating intelligence
Mace Fighting
Anatomy
Tactics
Resisting Spells

Other builds might include Script/Stun Mages which gives the ability to stun punch and gives you 15 circles of reflection from "Magic Reflection"

Magery
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence
Anatomy
Wrestling

There are other builds like an alchemist/stun mage which allows you to stun punch and then drop an explosion potion/magic combination spell drop on them for huge damage. It really depends on your play style and how you roll [Solo, clan...ect]. There are plenty out there. If you have multiple accounts you can make them all and play around with them to see what you like the best.

kaijick

Wanderer

ok since assholes keep killin my horses and ive only got one left with no way of taming another cause im not a tamer and dont have a tamer, is there a way to revive my poor horse?

edit: ok i figure since this guy is kind of my current supplier character i can have him be able to tame a horse/llama or whatever, so i guess ill start lvling taming but where should i stop it? im only after enough so he can go get himself another horse or something if his gets killed lol. ill make a real tamer eventually but thats way later. this guy just needs a horse or something to ride (ps whats the place to go to tame a mount?"

kaijick

Wanderer

ok i lost my damn pet lol. now im stuck with 1/5 pet slots, how the hell can i find him so i can get rid of him to get that slot back?

You just gotta look, unless you can buy a pet summon ball, donate or in-game..
i don't know the prices.

Pepe'

Wanderer

My advice for getting into PvP is to find your own style.
Choose whether or not you want to be a warrior or a mage
A mage will require much more money(to learn how to fight/survive) than warrior. So if you have the cash flow you might wanna go this route because if its sheer power and flexability.
For a warrior, pick the 5 basic warrior skills

Weaponskill
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist

Plain jane warrior with no flashy stuff. Go out and fight using everything available to you and your 500 skillpoints. Get used to using potions and switching weapons, get used to keeping bandages running at all times, and get used to which weapons do what to who. :D
After a while your gonna realise what you need to either survive or what you need to help kill. Thats when you choose your 6th and 7th skill.

The same goes for magery, start with the basic mage 5:

Magery
Eval INT
Meditation
Resist
Wrestle

While I highly sugguest finding a buddy to teach you and help you train, its not 100% necessary. Grab 50 of each reg and fight every template under the sun! Get used to the ease at wich pure mages can use pots, and use em a lot! Get used to the burst damage capability and the different combos used to achieve this. Then like a warrior youll come to the conclusion on what 6th and 7th skills you want.

Using this method youll come to terms with a template and be happy with it. In the long run youll have mastered your prefered template, and that puts you leages ahad of many other people here who make multiple mages and multiple dexxers cause they never found what they like to do. Tru other people will have a broader understanding of how to fight other templates, but most wont be as good as what you decide to stick with in the end.

kaijick

Wanderer

so does dex help stealing and stuff here? i see alot of people say go 100 35 100, others 100 100 35, so which is it lol. does it really help?