UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Question about Remove Trap Skill

suiris

Sorceror
Hello,

Is this skill working properly ? I have it at 100 hard skills and it fails every time on 5 level treasure chests and also fails every time on chests from Miasma and other paragons.
Shouldn't be there at least 5-10% chance at GM skill to disarm those traps ,since there is no PS for this skill ?
Also when using Detect Hidden on trapped chests one should get a message stating the level of the trap, which is not happening here on Demise.

I have created a macro to disarm a trap and left it running for hours and i always got the same message :
" You fail to disarm the trap, but you didn't set it off"

Could some of the admins take a look at this ??

Thanks!

Citrus

Sorceror
If you have magery you can just stand back and use telekinesis and it will safely trigger and remove traps from t-map and paragon chests in just a few seconds.

Citrus

Sorceror
Well it was just a friendly tip, but i'm guessing the reason they aren't in a rush to fix that skill is because of how easy it is to disarm the traps using the method i suggested, but it couldn't really hurt to have it fixed so good luck to you.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Judging by the code, it's severely unlikely to successfully remove a trap on a level 4 chest, and it becomes completely impossible at level 5. Whether this is accurate or not will need some verification on OSI. I'll move this thread over to bug reports. :)

Bama

Bug Huntress
Judging by the code, it's severely unlikely to successfully remove a trap on a level 4 chest, and it becomes completely impossible at level 5. Whether this is accurate or not will need some verification on OSI. I'll move this thread over to bug reports. :)

Eos.................
Detect Hidden

Detect Hidden Traps

Remove Traps

These were all reported May/2011( and even earlier http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/433752/)
They were moved to Jira Bug Tracking System Sept/2011 (and left to die)
The original reports can be found in the old Bug Tracker Sub -Form
Complete with OSI screen shots

Here are a few more problems with this Remove Trap skill
Behavior on Demise:

1 - it can be done while hidden
2 - there are no consequences if you fail.You can stand there all day until you finally remove the trap
3 - you don't need to see the trap to disarm it

Behavior on OSI:

1 - this skill can not be used while hidden/invisible
2- failure to remove a trap may cause the trap to go off (a high chance of it being set off)
3 - one needs to know a trap is present to actually disarm it

I realize that telekinesis can do the same as the Remove Trap skill but on osi this skill is the only way to remove faction traps
Wearing gloves hampers your success chance
People with a high skill in Remove Trap can actually see some of the traps in dungeons

When you do remove a trap(s) you get a message above the previously trapped item
Poison trap
The poison gas leaks harmlessly due to your deft touch
Explosion trap
You carefully remove the trigger for the purple potion
Dart trap
You carefully remove the dart from the firing mechanism

Last edited: