UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Question about luck from perfection

kolbycrouch

Knight
Mb doesn't know what he is talking about..
Our skype conversations would beg to differ.

I've heard that it isn't suppose to stack with item property luck.

I've never seen a clear statement saying that it doesn't though.

It's been stated in the past that it DOES stack here.

Sometimes, the truth hurts.

Bama

Bug Huntress
5 On Friday #3

@Artenios Thank you

1. How does luck effect loot intensities.

It should first be noted that for regular loot, the top damager's luck is used (including any bonus from perfection). The luck value is first transformed into the "luck chance", which is done as follows:
Code:
luck chance = floor[ luck^(1 / 1.8) * 100 ]
This value is the chance (out of 10,000) that a bonus to the intensity will be provided during the intensity calculation.

Some examples of chances for intensity bumps:
Luck 0 - 0%
Luck 100 - 12.9%
Luck 250 - 21.5%
Luck 500 - 31.6%
Luck 1000 - 46.4%
Luck 2000 - 68.2%

The intensity calculation itself (for monster loot) is:
Code:
value = 100 - floor[ sqrt[ random[ 0, 10000 ] ] ] + bonus
Where bonus is 10 if you receive the intensity bonus, 0 otherwise. value is the intensity ranging from 0 to 100. This value is then of course cut off at the minimum/maximum intensities, which are determined by the loot pack of the creature.

Plotting 100 - sqrt( x ) will give you an idea of how rare the base intensities are, with the random number on the X axis (all equally likely) and the intensity on the Y axis:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot 100 - sqrt[ x ] where x = 0 to 10000
With the 10% intensity bonus, this graph becomes:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot 100 - sqrt[ x ] + 10 where x = 0 to 10000

Assuming a cap of 100% intensity, the base calculation only has a 1 in 10,000 chance of rolling this 100% intensity. Very slim, but it is possible. With the luck bonus, the chance is 100 in 10,000, or 1 in 100!

To summarize, the luck bonus to intensity is basically a 10% intensity bump, before the loot's intensity cap, which is applied with increasing frequency as you have more luck.