UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Q & A time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASayre

Q & A time.

Since the shard's been down due to a number of DDoS's and subsequent null routings, here are a few Q's and A's regarding it:

Q: When will it be back up?
A: I don't have an exact time and or date. Things ARE complicated due to the Thanksgiving holiday here in the states. The attacks against Demise and Hybrid have been upwards of 7 Gbits/second. For the non-computer-savy, this is a LOT.

Q: Is Demise down for good?
A: No. I'm sick of hearing this one. Demise will be back. No ifs ands or buts. I know a few players will leave due to a bit of downtime, but, that can't be helped. The players more loyal to the shard are the players that are better for the shard anyways.

Q: SoAndSo said that they have the answer for either of the above Questions. Is this true?
A: No. The answers to those questions are above. Let's try not to start rumors like popel esaying it'll be down for x amount of time or whatever.

Q: I need a UO fix. Where can I go?
A: UOGamers: Rebirth. www.uorebirth.com - One of our sister shards, this shard is a Pre-T2Aish era.

Q: Can I have some information about the attack?
A: 6 to 7 gigs/Second. A few hundred... or was it thousand? I forget. It's within an order of magnitude. They're all Zombified machines around the globe, ie, other countries. These machines are mostly servers, which means they have a lot of 'attack' power per machine. Many seem to be running cPanel And/Or Plesk which I am guessing is what was exploited on them. (JUST A GUESS).

Q: What can I do to help?
A: Not much really. You can always check to be sure your computer isn't compromised, and that's always a good idea to be patched up with windows and such for your own sake. But the odds of you personally being a zombified machine attacking demise is slim.

As far as advice, at the risk of sounding.. 'snotty', we really don't need a lot of advice that's given. We DO appreciate trying to help though :) We've either exhausted those possibilities, or they in no way would work or they don't make sense... I myself may not be the best networking person but some of the others on our team are, as well as the people working at ev1.

Status
Not open for further replies.