UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PvP Tournament Poll

Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

selo

Wanderer
Re: PvP Tournament Poll

I think we should remember that we are playing a computer game and no matter how much UO exceeds real life (i mean who wouldnt love to recall home), putting money on it, real money, is taking it a bit too far. Just my opinion.

-ABM

Phillyeagle

Wanderer

dyckens cydur said:
Its not gambling. Its simply paying an entrance fee, winning, and getting money and them some for winning.

LoL you are paying money and have a risk of losing it or getting more. This is Gambling no matter how you put it. I think its a cool idea but probably a bad one and i voted no. If money is not won back and maybe items are though Im not paying money for this but if items in game are given then it would be considered donating and would be ok. Either way i aint paying money for a tournament Im going to lose anyway. Sorry.

Phillyeagle

Wanderer

Alaskan said:
I love test cases, but to the point, you can see where people are coming from. And you can see the outcome. Aslong as the game is based on skill not luck (Which you will have an easy time proving) it is legal. But a common view of RPGs is they are luck based because they are not twitch based games.

I dont know what it would be considered. I mean yes it is skill but in a way also luck. I mean hit chance relies on a percentige. Which would make it luck right? Computer connection during the duel is involved with luck. Dont mean to get to into like this but i mean technically it is alot about luck.

Miko-hybrid

Wanderer

dyckens cydur said:
Its not gambling. Its simply paying an entrance fee, winning, and getting money and them some for winning.

Shall we define gambling?

Spending money and risking it with the chance to earn more... uhhh?

GradGT

Sorceror

I think it's a bad idea... too much liability when you take real money into it. Too many people would be assholes about it and I guarentee you guys wouldn't wanna deal with that.

Ukkela

Sorceror

GeoX said:
free shard = free = free tournaments

real money to enter into pvp tournament where you just gonna get ingame items = a no no

this = a no no
hmm u think that shard could be on if no one would donate or Ryan wouldnt have ideas like this

Flipper

Knight

please, no more tournys than there are now. maybe more late night or early morning tournies, cause there's rarely PvP, but if the night's hoppin with big faction or other fights don't make an event, it ruins that!

as far as the money tourny goes I'd be in

RenegadePeon

Wanderer

Might want to consult a lawyer on the legality stuff. If all is legal, do it. A good way to earn the shard some money. But this idea just 'feels' bad...

Shamix

Wanderer

I don't see why half of you are bitching and crying about ''legal'' issues, There are four gaming cafe's in hawaii that hold tournaments all the time, varying from Warcraft 3 to Halo 2, Skillbased games, do you think they get sued?. You can in no way take any legal matters towards the shard because you payed to enter.

Most of you are defining ''gambling this and gambling that''. Its a fucking tournament on a skillbased game. Grow some balls, its not like hes telling you to give him money, its an option.

There was a game called Ryl, A tournament that had a 1 Million dollar prize was suppose to be held, People paid money for a chance to win money, Did Ryl violate any legal matters? No.

Im completely down for a money based tournament, Ryan simply asked ''would you'', not ''do you think i'd be breaking any laws?''.

Elphen

Sorceror

I think that since you ban people to sell gold for irl money then it would be hypocritical to have people give you rl money to win irl money prizes..

When the said thing is to be done in game to win irl money.

As a parent I wouldn't allow my kids to send paypal money for this sort of tourney.
I wouldn't mind if they donate that goes to the server but to have them enter in and pay real life money to be a leet pvper it wouldn't happen in my house :)

Thankfully my oldest is just 6 so that is a long way off hehe.

Danny Boy

Wanderer

What about you do the same but with game money? like with the poker tables in britain and nujelm...

Myself... Bad PvP... but i could give it a try with game money.

character

Wanderer

really you have to think about it. most of the peoiple that enter the tourny never win. so they wouldnt just throw 5 bucks out just knowning they have no chance of winning. plus that would encourage even more cheating when theres actually somethign rl they can win. even if people did do it it would be liek a total of 20 people in the tourny. half of them using bots or soemthing

Darthjogar

Wanderer

Im 23 but not all the pvper on this shard are over 18 i suggest doin somthing like me and my guild mates do thats make a gold entry fee just so u dont exclude any of the younger pvpers we have Friday Night Fights where we all pay a entry fee and winner gets all the loot works good for us

Status
Not open for further replies.