UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PvP Tournament Poll

Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

PvP Tournament Poll

Would you guys like to see an official paid PVP tournament?

This would mean the following:

You pay an entry fee via paypal, probably 1 - 5 dollars depending on size of tournament. You recieve a ticket in game for your purchase that allows you to partake in the scheduled pvp tournament. When the event is opened you turn in the ticket, go to the event and the winner will recieve a portion of the monies taken for entry as well as second and third runner up.

Your thoughts please...

Snowman87

Wanderer
I would actually love to do this Ryan but even thou i voted no for this. One of the reasons is due to the factor that some of are parents even thou i am a legal adult i can do that. But prob some of these high rank pvpers parents wouldn't let them do that. But then again you could do that i guess but also have events that are non pay and u don't win rl money.

Compton

Sorceror
it sounds too much like gambling, you could run into some federal gaming violations!!
i have worked in the gaming industry for the last 6 years, from Dealer to Pitboss, and i have just started in marketing. i have to say there are A LOT of rules you have to follow to allow the public to Gamble, including tax Claims for amount's earned and Federaly certified Identification is mandatory, and if you give out cash, you have to keep records of anyone paid bulk sums for up to 6 years. also how would you monitor who is old enough to Gamble in the first place, failure to do so is also another federal violation. Now even if you OWN an indian reservation, your are still held to these standards. aside from these issues i am in favor (as long as it won't cause the server to be shut down by the IRS, and you don't stop holding tourny's for free like you do.)

GeoX

Sorceror
free shard = free = free tournaments

real money to enter into pvp tournament where you just gonna get ingame items = a no no

this = a no no

I would support it as a way to draw in more players, bring in more PvP, and the added attraction of more donation money. No one would be forced to participate and only those who wanted to would.

Compton

Sorceror
i think everyone misunderstands. you win cash for cash entry fee tournys.
as long as it doesn't take off and become the only kind of events they hold, it shouldn't be an issue.

you would be under a lot of pressure if all that money was on the line a a server crash or tourny bug took place. i mean it gets laggy during the free tourny's that happen everyday, can you imagine if everyone paid and waited for it for weeks? it would be madness.

Compton

Sorceror
Punkers Slave said:
Yes, I think we would need a serious amount of power for a tourney of this nature. This would attract a lot of attention, I'm sure.

not just from this shard either.
i think i would try this place out BECAUSE they held cash tournys, even if the playerbase was 20 people.
but like a said, people get worked up about not getting sashes during tournys, can you imagine how lame everyone would act if it was money they felt they have been deprived of?

accually i know the answer already (remember i used to be a gaming dealer,) they hate you if they win or lose!!!!

KharneKGB

Wanderer
regarding legality: i agree this is almost like gambling and there is a high chance to get in trouble

how about this 'loophole' - paypal fee to donate but the winner receives an in game item, not an actual cash pa yout

Denial415

Wanderer
Talus said:
I think this would be popular if you had a way to donate besides credit card. This is going a bit far IMO.

i agree with this so much... i think you would get more donors if maybe you recieved Moneyorders? =)

Phil The Pill said:
This is a straight clean entrance fee. It's totally legal. I don't know where you guys get this gambling crap from. Sound like my mom or something.

Are you too retarded to read the entire first post. You and GeoX.

the winner will recieve a portion of the monies taken for entry as well as second and third runner up.

So, you are playing the game in the hopes of winning money...

From dictionary.com

gamble

n 1: money that is risked for possible monetary gain 2: a risky act or venture v 1: take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome; "When you buy these stocks you are gambling" 2: play games for money

See that "Play games for money" part?

Compton

Sorceror
i thought about this, and if they game in game prizes as well as cash to the winners, is it still gambling??
all around the world racing (horses, cars, monster trucks, ect...) is a legal sport and all participant are required to pay a entree fee. they then play a game that the winner gets a jackpot, but also a trophy and i title.
now try to seperate that from a poker tourny (which is illegal in all of the USA without a federally licenced facility) and it seems the major difference lies in the added prizes and title.
just to clerify if anyone knows what the differnce is let me know, because poker requires as much skill as stearing a car into the inside lane and pressing the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.