UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Problem with uo on windows 7

FlameXtriker

Sorceror
Problem with uo on windows 7

When i launch razor/uo, everything works fine, but as soon as i start to move my char in game, the mouse become laggy and flicker (but its fine when i move mouse outside uo window), the more i move the worse it gets and after 10 steps, UO becomes unplayble. It feels like system lag, but task manager only shows 10-12% cpu usage on client.exe.

I have tried almost everything, such as update driver, turn aero effect off, changing compatibility and re-install uo/windows 7 even, but nothing worked.

any ideas?

*I used to play UO on WIN 7 RC version and had no problem at all on my desktop pc.

zoo york

Knight
Re: Problem with uo on windows 7

How far are you patched? Do you have Razor running as administrator? Also, if "smart cpu reduction" is checked in Razor, uncheck it.

Trevor

Knight

Windows 7 and Razor are really hard to work with. I am running it and every time i switch task from razor it crashes.

Solution: Right click, Props. Compatibly Windows XP. They did a great job with 7. It now runs it inside a windows shell instead of how vista just used the drivers.

DMG- E-bolt to the FACE!

I get the flickering pointer, but it isn't REALLY bad... Kinda annoying, but no lag, and not enough where I can't tell where I am pointing.

Sallos works fine :D

Using legit copy of Windows 7 Professional RTM, fully updated.

zoo york

Knight

FlameXtriker;1978822 said:
still doesnt work, damn, no more uo now
You said you updated the driver; did you update it through windows update or actually download it from the website(ati/nvidia)?

FlameXtriker

Sorceror

i downloaded it from Sony website :( i even tried clean install, UO ran smoothly without any problem for the first time. but after rebooting, uo become unplayable. :*

zoo york

Knight

FlameXtriker;1978834 said:
i downloaded it from Sony website :( i even tried clean install, UO ran smoothly without any problem for the first time. but after rebooting, uo become unplayable. :*
Sony website? What kind of video card does it have?

lb3stx

Sorceror

I'm not having any issues on mine after changing compatibility options.

* Right click Razor icon > Properties
* Compatibility tab
* Check disable visual themes
* Check disable desktop composition
* Check run as administrator

I'm not running it in XP compatibility mode and I did not check or change anything not listed above. Runs fine. I have a small res screen on my laptop so I tried to run in fullscreen and had problems. Works fine as long as I'm not in fullscreen mode.

zoo york

Knight

lb3stx;1978876 said:

* Compatibility tab

I'm not running it in XP compatibility mode and I did not check or change anything not listed above. Runs fine. I have a small res screen on my laptop so I tried to run in fullscreen and had problems. Works fine as long as I'm not in fullscreen mode.

Yep I run with the same settings without any problems. The only difference is I leave Aero(desktop composition) turned on unless I have to see the reg counters. If I'm just playing poker or banksitting(99% of the time) I leave Aero on because I looks much nicer.

FlameXtriker

Sorceror

lb3stx;1978876 said:

* Compatibility tab

Thank you, it worked!! i didnt check 'disable desktop composition' option in my earlier test, didnt know what that is for. also thx to Zoo York too

zoo york

Knight

FlameXtriker;1978952 said:
Thank you, it worked!! i didnt check 'disable desktop composition' option in my earlier test, didnt know what that is for. also thx to Zoo York too
I thought you said you turned off Aero before. Either way, glad you got it working.