UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

potions/buffs/debuffs discrepancies

jaasso

Knight
the title is supposed to read potions/buffs/debuffs/remove curse discrepancies

Behavior on Demise:

drink an agility or strenght potion, you can be cursed (or clumsied/weakened) multiple times to bring the stat to the lowest possible according to that stat's base value

cast bless/agility/cunning/strenght on yourself, again you can be cursed (or clumsied/feebleminded/weakened) multiple times to bring the stat to the lowest possible according to that stat's base value

get cursed/clumsied/weakened, you can drink multiple agility or strenght potions to bring the stat to the highest possible according to that stat's base value

get cursed/clumsied/feebleminded/weakened, you can cast bless/agility/cunning/strenght multiple times to bring the stat to the highest possible according to that stat's base value

drink a potion/get buffed, now get debuffed and cast remove curse on yourself, you end up with the effect of the potion/buff gone, OR if the debuff doesnt bring the stat lower than its base value, nothing happens

Behavior on OSI:

after modifying a stat with a potion/buff, another debuff does nothing, only the first one has an effect

after modifying a stat with a debuff, another potion/buff does nothing, only the first one has an effect

drink a potion/get buffed, now get debuffed and cast remove curse on yourself, you end up with the effect of the potion/buff still present

Supporting documentation:

none atm, but ive tried this on OSI and i know it's wrong. maybe someone can go and get some screenshots for proof?

Changes needed:

Code:

sorry a second,

Behavior on OSI:

after modifying a stat with a potion/buff, another debuff does nothing, only the first one has an effect

after modifying a stat with a debuff, another potion/buff does nothing, only the first one has an effect

drink a potion/get buffed, now get debuffed and cast remove curse on yourself, you end up with the effect of the potion/buff still present

how is that possible? Before you said you can't apply a debuff while buffed!

Or maybe it was a typo "another buff does nothing"?

And the second statement, is that a typo too or really are you saying a debuff will prevent you to have buffs?

Oh, by buff/debuff, you mean agility/cunning/strength (bless) and weaken/feeblemind/clumsy (curse)? Or also painspike ?

jaasso

Knight
i dont know what you mean i think that i explained the differences as clearly as possible; on demise you can do a debuff multiple times on a buffed char, on OSI only the first debuff has an effect, another does nothing. no typos, i meant exactly what i said

i didnt mean painsike, does it have something to do with this..?

so, are you saying I can curse myself if I have low magery/EI, or ask someone to curse me, to become immune to much powerful curses?
About painspike, I asked because it also returns a debuff icon.

And, if you meant exactly what you said,

this means: I drink a strength potion, or cast bless on myself, and I become IMMUNE to curses. Right?

Bama

Bug Huntress
On demise this is really screwy
I am using NPC potions and no EP
I can drink a strength potion and get +10 to strength
If I weaken myself (with 115 eval) I can debuff myself -20 (on osi with 120 eval and no magic resist -19)
Now that I am a net -10 I can drink another potion to go to my normal stat and I can drink another to get to +10. This can't be done on osi.On osi drinking another strength potion just resets the timer it will not negate the weaken spell
On demise you can go back and forth with this.Every time you get debuffed you can negate that spell with a potion plus drink another to get buffed ( you can't on osi)

On osi
As for remove curse
Drink a potion get a buff
Get weakened you lose the buff (some of the buff,or all of the buff,or all of the buff plus some more..... whatever it is)
Remove curse you get back your original buff

Back to demise
Drink a strength potion get a buff
Weaken you get a debuff
Cast bless you get a buff to all 3 stats (on osi you will not get the strength buff from the bless spell)
Drink a strength potion get back to the original strength buff (again this can't be done on osi you just reset the timer on the potion)

jaasso

Knight
this means: I drink a strength potion, or cast bless on myself, and I become IMMUNE to curses. Right?

nope, it means: on OSI if you drink a strenght potion, only the first weaken cast on you lowers your strenght, another weaken does nothing (if it's cast by same enemy or someone with same or less magery/eval int). on demise you can cast weaken multiple times and the stat will go down multiple times

this whole thing looks quite complicated... i was thinking if the problem is this:

on OSI: character has a strenght of 100, drinks a strenght potion, now it's 110, that 110 is treated as that stat's base value for the duration of the potion (same for every other stat & buff)

demise: character has a strenght of 100, drinks a strenght potion, now it's 110, but that stat's base value is still 100 allowing multiple weaken's to have an effect

gilgamash

Knight
Greets,

I asked IPKnightly some time ago to verify exactly the potion/spell situation on OSI and he confirmed that multiple cursing is not possible AND that if you drink a potion, get cursed (weakened etc) and then cast "remove curse" that the stats will get back to the boosted values unless the potion(s) timer is expired.

I will devote myself to this as soon as udpates/ patches continue.

And I direly need to get a list of the patches I want to code.

For some (like pixies cast when they die) I still need some information, but here I got all I need.

Regards,
G.