UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Point mules and what should be done.

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer
Point mules and what should be done.

Basicly I'm a bit worried about people who are muling points off onto other chars. If you think about how many points are in circulation (6 per char as defaul as they can go to -6) And how many are on known point mules (I'd take a gamble at 2000 or so), You come to realise that soon there will be no points left in circulation or very little on what their should be. The reward for killing somebody who is high in the point rankings is points and silver, however, with point mules, you're getting considerably less points per kill and a lot less silver (40 per every 20, then 40 for every 10 after is tax is not added to that town).

I think something should be done.

This was not a major problem on OSI as accounts cost $10 per month and for the sake of whordeing some points, $10 a month is quite a lot.

If you're going to flame me don't bother posting here, Take it to a flames forum.

Please post opinions, Contructive critisism is more than welcome.

jmaster

Sorceror
I agree with you, but peopel wont stop it, but peopel who do point mule, mule alot of points, well most of htem for the most part, so they get alot more kills then they do deaths, meaning they will stay out of the negs, so just stick with 30 silver per kill etc and one point, i know its stupid getting just 1 every time

i like getting 11 points off mentality, and 440 silver

i dont like killing good players who mule their points and getting 1 point and 40 silver

whats the point of fighting in factions? killing people for points/getting silver/getting towns/getting faction stuff

muling points is just a trammy thing to do, you guys dont wanna be trammies do you?

Who

Wanderer
How about just not letting people honor others with points. The only 2 reasons i can think of honoring points are muling (or giving to another sucky char) or actually giving some to somebody for doing a good job in a raid or something.

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer
You don't realise that they would lose more points if they die, so instead of only losing 1 per death it would be 6 or 7 (Which I lost frequently on Betty Starburst).

Saben42

Wanderer
Vlane said:
How about just not letting people honor others with points. The only 2 reasons i can think of honoring points are muling (or giving to another sucky char) or actually giving some to somebody for doing a good job in a raid or something.

This whole problem, was still a problem on OSI, people would just ask their friend to put their newbie character in faction to mule the points. So, you didnt need an extra account, just a friend. I totally agree with Vlane's suggestion, its so simple, yet would completly make this problem null and void.

I think they basically set up the honor thing, so people could run for CL, if they didnt have high enough rank, or like Vlane said, for someone doing a good job in a raid. Basically, people dont need these, or dont do them anyways. So, maybe they should just toss the whole thing? Maybe a GM could reply with why this would be a good idea or a bad idea?

Betty said:
You don't realise that they would lose more points if they die, so instead of only losing 1 per death it would be 6 or 7 (Which I lost frequently on Betty Starburst).

if they are good enough to get to 60-70, they can get 6 or 7 lost points back

strtrk

Wanderer
yeah... i know you don't care
i was just asking what would you do, cuz you're an intelligent person, you might think of something no one else has.

Tetsuo

Sorceror
people who are actually caring about points is whats funny.. "tee hee i have 800 points and u dont!!! it means im way way better than you !!!!hehehe , i paid 8 mil for mine "". teheheehehehe" Pretty much how it goes... i need to begin selling my sorry 138 points =[