UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Planned Demise migration

silvertiger

Knight
Well I can definitely see where this is a what's-best-for-the-shard. I hardly changed ping at all, but had bad spikes from the move. I know that people will be benefiting and others will be handicapped, but I am sure this is a what's best for the shard and not what's best for a couple of people. Thanks for all of your equal thoughts towards the player base, bringing a fair staff to the server. Get a counsellor that can speak portuguese and chinese and turkish and korean! And while you're at it go grab a high ranking government official to fill this job.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Just so we are clear I am not convinced the network in DC is stable enough to warrant running Demise from there. It's the reason I moved it in the first place. I will continue to work on it until we "get it right" and the system is stable and running well.

Cornwallis

Sorceror
Doing a good job on the L2C2 Ryan, Glad your staying on top of things fast and fresh.

Oh and esk, im working on my suit still, then I need to setup more hotkeys. Just need to modify some stuff then ill start mate.

Insomniac-

Sorceror
Ryan, can we have an ip to trace to the new host?

(Or anything in the area should at least provide an example of what to expect)

Demise will not be going to DC, it will be going into my datacenter in Cincinnati.

Ryan
Ah, my bad then... Just goes to show just how confused I get about what location is where with all the moves over the years! I never really knew the location, since I'm blessed enough that, even though I live closer to Cincinnati than any of the other locations the shard's had, I've been blessed to always have a good (<60ms) ping... Now if only I was still bothered to PvP, I wouldn't be wasting it. :p

And if it's your datacenter, that eliminates the concerns over cost and stability, too.