UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Para blows and stuns should break if the one who inflicted it moves more than seven tiles away.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
You do realize a mage requires almost full stamina to successfully land a stun and that any weapon a dexxer uses will take away from a mages stamina making it pretty difficult to land a stand with out spamming refresh pots?

Your 12.5% is a complete exaggeration and I would argue landing a stun is harder then a para blow. I have gone fights were I have failed 15+ stuns in a row.

How about we put these ideas into effect once you no longer have a blessed item that can kill someone with 2 shots at 40+ armor?

Are you suggesting that because a stun can fail, it's okay for mages to be able to stun someone and escape combat?

First of all, dexxers can't para blow, fencers can para blow. Second, there's a 12.5% chance to inflict a para blow, which means it is largely out of their hands. You know full well that isn't the case for stun mages.
Okay well I'll use that excuse too. Mages don't stun. Characters with stun do, stun can be used on any template you want, any dexxer can put stun on his template so by your logic dexxers have stuns to escape also. Learn what you're talking about before you make a fool of yourself like you do in every post you make.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
You do realize a mage requires almost full stamina to successfully land a stun and that any weapon a dexxer uses will take away from a mages stamina making it pretty difficult to land a stand with out spamming refresh pots?

Your 12.5% is a complete exaggeration and I would argue landing a stun is harder then a para blow. I have gone fights were I have failed 15+ stuns in a row.

How about we put these ideas into effect once you no longer have a blessed item that can kill someone with 2 shots at 40+ armor?
There is a 50% chance for a weapon swing to connect (45% if it's true that mages have defensive wrestling of 110 as Mark has said). If the swing connects, there is a 25% chance that its special attack will trigger. The power of basic math tells us, then, that for each swing, there's a 12.5% (or 11.36%) chance that the swing will result in a stun. I don't know the probability of successfully stun punching, but I do know it's much higher than that. Either way, the entire problem that you fucking idiots are overlooking is that people can stun someone and escape combat without recourse. It doesn't matter who is doing the stunning.

There is a 50% chance for a weapon swing to connect (45% if it's true that mages have defensive wrestling of 110 as Mark has said). If the swing connects, there is a 25% chance that its special attack will trigger. The power of basic math tells us, then, that for each swing, there's a 12.5% (or 11.36%) chance that the swing will result in a stun. I don't know the probability of successfully stun punching, but I do know it's much higher than that. Either way, the entire problem that you fucking idiots are overlooking is that people can stun someone and escape combat without recourse. It doesn't matter who is doing the stunning.
Chances for para blows and stuns are affected by many things. To give a raw % does nothing, even under perfect conditions.

You most likely feel that stun is so high because you are always equipping a weapon, effectively increasing everybody's stun chances against you.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Chances for para blows and stuns are affected by many things. To give a raw % does nothing, even under perfect conditions.

You most likely feel that stun is so high because you are always equipping a weapon, effectively increasing everybody's stun chances against you.
This has absolutely nothing to do with my core argument, but do you care to explain?

This has absolutely nothing to do with my core argument, but do you care to explain?
Sure. You giving us uncited information about chances for stuns/para blows, even if they are correct numbers, really don't give any salt to the argument you're trying to make about the removal of stuns. Plenty of factors increase/decrease stun %, such as if your opponent is holding a weapon, skill set of your opponent, etc.

Stun is a toolkit given by having wrestling/anatomy. It isn't limited to mages.

Also; not every fight must end in somebody dying. If a player chooses to run, he can use any of the tools he has to do it. Casting spells, using skills, or speedhacking (cough) are all tools players can use.

Why you want the removal of stun is beyond me, sounds like an L2P issue.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Sure. You giving us uncited information about chances for stuns/para blows, even if they are correct numbers, really don't give any salt to the argument you're trying to make about the removal of stuns. Plenty of factors increase/decrease stun %, such as if your opponent is holding a weapon, skill set of your opponent, etc.

Stun is a toolkit given by having wrestling/anatomy. It isn't limited to mages.

Also; not every fight must end in somebody dying. If a player chooses to run, he can use any of the tools he has to do it. Casting spells, using skills, or speedhacking (cough) are all tools players can use.

Why you want the removal of stun is beyond me, sounds like an L2P issue.
And this is a L2Read issue. I don't want stun removed, I want it altered so that it's not a get-out-of-1v1-free card. Nothing can be done to stop someone from running once they've landed their stun. Somehow I was surprised that your response about stun percentages was so inane. Not sure why.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
So does that mean if you land a para blow you are not longer able to off screen as well?

Dexxers have different special abilities as do mages.

Swords: Conc Blow

Fencing: Para Blow

Macing: crushing blow.

If you want the ability to paralyze your opponent so they can't off screen then play your fencer.

The problem is you want everything to go in your favor so your already OP character is even easier to play.

Get good bro

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Right, or maybe I'm using my experience with the game to offer suggestions on how to improve it. People being able to stun and run is a stupid fucking mechanic.

Apparently I'm good to the point that you utterly fear fighting me in this little game of ours.

White Lotus

Sorceror
Not trying to zerg but everyone knows how good i am at that but to answer your question and present a valid arguement -

No the stun requires full mana/ must be toggled and timed/ and has less then a 1/4 chance to land. That chance to land also DECREASES when fighting a dexer holding their weapon. It INCREASES when a mage is holding a wand(because doesn't typically have mace skill).

The parablow on the other hand has a 12.5 to hit, does not have to be toggled on or timed, does not require full stamina and you can run away after you land it.

These are all UO facts but let me add I spent my 1st year as a fencer and I can promiss you it was 100% easyer to land a parablow then it is to land a stun. How many fencers are there that dont kno how to land a parablow. (NONE) How many mages are there that dont know how to even toggle the stun on.(ALOT)

The real thing is mages trying to excape but anyway a mage can escape so can a dexer. For example a fencer could parablow and cast teleport and run. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even need magery or hardly any mana to do that succesfully. A mage can stun teleport and run. Its the same thing. Now lets take swords or macing. They can conc blow (much worse for a mage then a parablow) and then run. A conc blow splits your int in half. So not only do you have less mana, your spells do less dmg and it last way longer then any stun or parablow. Archers can hit from a distance infinitely.

To be honest and really I am not trying to zerg but anyway you cut it dexers as a single unit are far more powerful then a mage. They have consistent dmg output, consistent sustain, and they don't need to capitalize on timing or worry about using their mana correctly. They dont even need to toggle on their "special" fighting ability. The average mage skill level vs the average dexer skill level currently is just worlds apart thats why people THINK mages are stronger. (that and the advantage in group fighting mages have by synking their spell dmg.)

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
TL;DR

LOL

kdivers

Knight
If you don't like that mages can stun and run, adapt instead of sticking to your favorite build.

I used to wheel and deal rares like it was my job. You show me a random pile of junk from an idoc, I'd buy the whole lot and sell it for massive profits. You better believe that when the rare market became saturated with junk, I stopped dealing with 95% of rares. Adapt, brobama.

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
People being able to stun and run is a stupid fucking mechanic.

Really dude? What if you gank my ass while I'm out mining, I'm not equipped to PvP nor do I wish to, but I shouldn't have an escape? I should just let you one shot me with your vally hally and lose the shit I just spent an hour harvesting? Get real. Maybe it doesn't suit your particular play style, but there are more reasons than just PvP that dictate game mechanics.