UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Para Blow/Stun Punch Timer Revamp?

Would you like to see them shortened?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Para Blow/Stun Punch Timer Revamp?

i voted no beacause im too much of a retard (or too impatient or both) to get good with my stun mage and i can't remember the last time i died to one.

i have had some close calls, but i've fought some decent stun mages and if i dont win i usually dont die. they sacrafice a lot of stam for the stun attempts so it really doesnt bother me.

same with the para blows ... if the timer were shortened i think the success rate should be raised just slightly.

Insert

Wanderer

Deuce said:
Stun is over powered, as it was explained to me, you have a 50% chance to stun your opponent, whether or not the punch actually hits, if you compare this to your chance to para blow, crushing blow, and conc hit, which stun was implemented with, that is far greater as i think those special hits are based on first if you actually hit, and then its 25% or less if you actually hit. Im not positive, this is just what i seem to recall being told. I would consider stun the most powerful special ability in the game, your basically defenseless for the time you are stunned obviously. This is just my personal feeling, it is a skill for a weak pvper.

Then i suppose stun should just be passive with wrestling like parablow is for fencing. Either make them the same or dont.

PooSlap

Wanderer

In my personal opinion stuff like this is what murdered OSI. They had a perfectly good shard when people played old school. Then all these idea's kept poping up. Personally, the pvp on this shard is solid now, you need to fix the economy not the pvp.

Sammich

Wanderer

stun effects seem to wear off way to fast for the like 1 in 20 chance you have to successfully get the stun off compared to how long a para blow last. I guess if its 1v1 its all cool tho. If your getting stun punched 90% chances your getting ganked anyway so it doesnt really matter to me.

Valentino

Sorceror

PooSlap said:
In my personal opinion stuff like this is what murdered OSI. They had a perfectly good shard when people played old school. Then all these idea's kept poping up. Personally, the pvp on this shard is solid now, you need to fix the economy not the pvp.

he's got it.

They are both fine...I play both and have played against both. You dont always get the parablow after parablow with every spear. You were probably fighting someone who was decked out in top gear. And this is how it should be the better your gear the better your chance. Stun is fine 1v1 you are definately going to live thru a stun punch if you know what you are doing on the field. Its when there is a gank squad and you get stunned that you are screwed but 1 vs. gank anytime is death if they have any skill. Leave it alone everyone needs to stop making excuses for things because you dislike fighting against them. adapt.

top notch

Wanderer

Strong said:
I think the stun timer on Mages is just fine. It gives someone just enough time to cast a 6th circle spell or below. Making it longer would overpower mages b/c the spell dmg is already high to begin with.

Now the para blow needs to be reduced and the % chance of getting a para blow does. I have been in so many situations where I get para blowed 5 times in a row and there is nothing I can do about it. A vanq spear taking off a 1/3 of my health plus a para blow just sucks.

agreed. but make the success rate of stunning a little higher..

revelation

Wanderer

i think atm the balance between stun and para is fine. i have both a fencer and a stuner and i think that both of them work great, they are both strong but not completely overpowered. a stun is not a guaranteed kill and neither is a para shot. i was chasing someone yesterday and tried to stun him maybe 10 times and failed all of them so its not like stun or para ALWAYS lands. i think if anything the other special moves should be turned into toggles and reduce stam upon use so that a fencer can't continually para shot someone and also so that the hybrids and other special move users have more control over when and how they can use their moves, this would seem like a better way to achieve balance than to reduce timers. i mean reducing the time that a player spends para'd or stuned would be pretty ruthless, i mean what is it now? 1-2 seconds? it's really not even enough time to throw and explo + eb at someone(if you don't have explo preped) so i don't think the timers need to be reduced.

djsaul

Wanderer

i dont have a stun mage but i have a fence dexxer. having said that i think that mage para should be increased cause it wears off too fast compared to my spear paras. also the mage can only stun every so often? whereas the dexxer can continually pummel you with chance to para

revelation

Wanderer

para blow needs to be nerfed so badly it's kind of ridiculous. i just dueled a 7x fencery hybrid w/ my 7x scribe stun mage and he stunned me a grand total of 23 times. i have arch protection up and 32 AR and he still basically raped me cause he could para the shit out of me every 3 shots without any penalty to his stam or a reset timer or anything ;/ basically overpowered.

Van Dam

Sorceror

maybe give a fencer a bad side of a para blow like a mage loses stamina dexxer loses stam too?

Flipper

Knight

i change my vote to yes. it's too long. not a big deal for stun, but the para blow is ridiculous

Pope-hybrid

Sorceror

My vote is for no... The timers are good as they are and trust me, I get stunned by both mages and dexxers all the time.

These "special skills" are the reason people choose to play these character types. Are you also going to visit the damage and effects of a concussion blow and the stam damage of a macer? If not then I say leave them as they are..

Janus

Wanderer

I believe fencers should be changed although stun punches require a good deal of stamina but parablows last just as long and do not require stamina.

Matt_

Wanderer

My only problem with stun is people in 1v1's stunning you and then bitching when you interrupt thier combo, like it's unfair.

the abilities a dex have are no competition to the abilities of a mage
the only chance a dex has is to paralyze or stun so we should not limit those skills

revelation

Wanderer

legalyzeit said:
the abilities a dex have are no competition to the abilities of a mage
the only chance a dex has is to paralyze or stun so we should not limit those skills

is this a joke? the only thing a dexer has to do is follow the person around, interupting every single thing they cast basically. this completely gimps the mage, the fact that long spears can para blow 5+ times in a row(albeit unlikely but still possible) without any sort of stamina usage or any sort of reuse timer is really overpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.