UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Para Blow/Stun Punch Timer Revamp?

Would you like to see them shortened?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

Para Blow/Stun Punch Timer Revamp?

Just vote, dont be a moron.

R

Ryan

Re: Para Blow/Stun Punch Timer Revamp?

I'd love to hear the reasons behind a no vote on this.

SpineShank

Wanderer

Me Personally im very happy with the way that stun and para blows are working right now. If you notice some of the people complaining dont even play on this shard as much as they used to. I have both a stun char and a fencer, i am very happy with the way each of there effects work they are both not insta kill moves. I have been in battles many of times to where we have stunned a person and timed a dump and he still manages to survive from experienced cross healing or from himself just being able to chug a pot and mini heal exceptionaly well. I have also been on the other end of the moves, I have been stunned many of times and i have also been para blowed many of times. Theres no reason to change anything or complain about anything because there are many ways of getting around each of those situations.

Belmat

Wanderer

I have a GMed stun mage, and although I've only just made it and it's very new to me, the stun effect seems to wear off very quickly in my eyes anyway...

Strong

Wanderer

I think the stun timer on Mages is just fine. It gives someone just enough time to cast a 6th circle spell or below. Making it longer would overpower mages b/c the spell dmg is already high to begin with.

Now the para blow needs to be reduced and the % chance of getting a para blow does. I have been in so many situations where I get para blowed 5 times in a row and there is nothing I can do about it. A vanq spear taking off a 1/3 of my health plus a para blow just sucks.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Use better armour, if para blow doenst change, nor should stun, they need to stay the same for the sake of balance.

3 Second stun is fine.

Right now if I stun someone outside town they are very likely to die, thats over powered.

Lorthic

Knight

It would be nice if para blow took extra stamina from the wielder, instead of someone being able to constantly para blow so that their opponent cannot move. I believe that the timer for both is sufficient, however.

Lorthic

Knight

Strong said:
I think the stun timer on Mages is just fine. It gives someone just enough time to cast a 6th circle spell or below. Making it longer would overpower mages b/c the spell dmg is already high to begin with.

Now the para blow needs to be reduced and the % chance of getting a para blow does. I have been in so many situations where I get para blowed 5 times in a row and there is nothing I can do about it. A vanq spear taking off a 1/3 of my health plus a para blow just sucks.

I agree completely.

Lorthic

Knight

Ryan said:
As do I for the first part... which is why I want to LOWER it.

If you want to lower spell damage I don't see why it would be necessary to shorten the time that stun/para blow has an effect for. I believe that stun is perfectly fine as it is right now, and para blow truly does need to be balanced in some manner. When I get hit by some guy and he keeps me standing still from 100 health to 0, there's something wrong with that, whether it's a "freak occurence" or not.

R

Ryan

Furota said:
If you want to lower spell damage I don't see why it would be necessary to shorten the time that stun/para blow has an effect for. I believe that stun is perfectly fine as it is right now, and para blow truly does need to be balanced in some manner. When I get hit by some guy and he keeps me standing still from 100 health to 0, there's something wrong with that, whether it's a "freak occurence" or not.

Agreed.

Lorthic

Knight

illz said:
No for para blows. I'd like to see the delay for attempting the stun skill shortened and/or made to hit more frequently, but allow it to be broken by trapped pouches like para blow. I don't think para blow is overpowered at all, because of trapped pouches.

I disagree with this simply for the fact that it doesn't make sense. Think of this in terms of actually "playing" this game, or irl, for that matter. If you're stunned, you can't, nor should you be able to blow the pouch. That's just too "unrealistic" - I mean for fuck's sake, you're stunned, dude. It's different than being "paralyzed" and being able to move your fingers or use the UseOnce agent, but para blows and stun should not be able to be gotten out of by a mere trapped pouch.

I also believe that para blows are overpowered simply because they happen so frequently, whereas you're lucky to get a stun, and if you miss, you chug a tr, then go again, whereas if you're using a spear all you have to worry about is getting that hit, which happens quite often, mind you. Too often.

Lony

Sorceror

Furota said:
I disagree with this simply for the fact that it doesn't make sense. Think of this in terms of actually "playing" this game, or irl, for that matter. If you're stunned, you can't, nor should you be able to blow the pouch. That's just too "unrealistic" - I mean for fuck's sake, you're stunned, dude. It's different than being "paralyzed" and being able to move your fingers or use the UseOnce agent, but para blows and stun should not be able to be gotten out of by a mere trapped pouch.

I also believe that para blows are overpowered simply because they happen so frequently, whereas you're lucky to get a stun, and if you miss, you chug a tr, then go again, whereas if you're using a spear all you have to worry about is getting that hit, which happens quite often, mind you. Too often.

Coming from a fencer... (me) I think it would be ridiculous to lower para blows at all. Honestly check out the damage that most fencers do. I've used vanq/power spears and honestly produce 10 damage per swing in most cases (if the mage is wearing decent armor). Para blow or not, 10 damage per swing isn't going to kill you. Also Furota was saying somewhere to take stam to land a para blow... No.. Dexers are constantly loosing stam from hits they take and it's more important for a dexy to have full stam so they can swing at a good rate, mages don't have a problem like this, they have a skill they can use for int and they don't burn stam which is only refreshed with a potion. We also miss a whole hell of a lot. Mages don't miss, and you have an advantage fighting from a range, also mini heal before even getting hit. The para blow does happen often but you can't plan an attack on it like you can a stun. You get to choose when to apply a stun. Yes it might not land often but you can still plan your attack with it in mind. Fencers just hope for a para blow to land, and even then it's not a garuntee kill, if you are going to lower the rate of para blows than lower spell damage. Simple as that, I don't see how it would be fair to lower something on a dexxies end at this point which would give more power to the mages.

Strong said:

If you are wearing armor, Vanq spear would not take off 1/3 of health. If you are not wearing any armor or very wimpy armor then it is very realistic that a guy with a big ol' vanq spear would damage you greatly.

Para blow and using a poisoned kryss are the only things that give me a chance against a good mage. If para blows are changed... ugg... I don't want to have to resort to the lame old explosion pot chucking tactic for melee...

Moric said:
Coming from a fencer... (me) I think it would be ridiculous to lower para blows at all. Honestly check out the damage that most fencers do. I've used vanq/power spears and honestly produce 10 damage per swing in most cases (if the mage is wearing decent armor). Para blow or not, 10 damage per swing isn't going to kill you. Also Furota was saying somewhere to take stam to land a para blow... No.. Dexers are constantly loosing stam from hits they take and it's more important for a dexy to have full stam so they can swing at a good rate, mages don't have a problem like this, they have a skill they can use for int and they don't burn stam which is only refreshed with a potion. We also miss a whole hell of a lot. Mages don't miss, and you have an advantage fighting from a range, also mini heal before even getting hit. The para blow does happen often but you can't plan an attack on it like you can a stun. You get to choose when to apply a stun. Yes it might not land often but you can still plan your attack with it in mind. Fencers just hope for a para blow to land, and even then it's not a garuntee kill, if you are going to lower the rate of para blows than lower spell damage. Simple as that, I don't see how it would be fair to lower something on a dexxies end at this point which would give more power to the mages.
Good points.

Overall, I'd like to see them both reduced. Stun on a solo person is not that much of a threat. They may be able to start a combo, finish you off, or give themselves a bit of extra heal time. But when you have a group of mages with stun it becomes absurd. You have five guys trying to stun you, and if one succeeds, you're dead. Because it's no longer, one guy starting a combo, it's five. And the percentage of overall failure is greatly reduced when there are five people attempting, rather than one. If you're being chased, and the lead person succeeds in a stun, the others all catch up and finish the job. It's a great skill, I love my scribe/stun and my stun/heal mages, but I think it's overpowered when there are multiple mages that can stun.

Para blow is insane but it's a similar situation to stun. Given certain situations, it's unbalanced, but solo it's fine. An alchy fencer is a huge threat, too huge. Para Blow mixed with explosion potions is badass, which is why so many players use the template. Especially if the fencer has magery on his template as well. Also, more than one fencer, greatly increases the chance of landing a para blow so groups of fencers are unbalanced.

I'd like to see them both reduced by 1 second. Nothing too big, but a reduction that's noticeable on the field (one of the reasons I love UO). many solo players will still be successful but others will choose a different template, bringing more diversity to the field, and the groups will be less successful overall because the benefit of a longer stun, for purposes of group syncing/catching the runner/etc, will be reduced. The lessened Paralyze Blow time will allow the defender a quicker opportunity to heal and move away instead of being railed endlessly and allowing 2-3+ swings from the fencer before you can move or defend.

Wow, that's long. If anyone read it, thanks.

illz-hybrid

Wanderer

Moric said:

I agree. Against a mage with high end armor, it is extremely hard to get a kill 1v1 with melee; You have to throw in something additional like purple potions or deadly poisoned weapons to get the playing field near level again. This also bleeds into the 100 stat point cap discussion: people were pointing out that if you have the money, you can buy petals and fish and pots and hero bless stuff and have super high strength to survive mage dumps. Well, good. If you have the money, you can buy very nice armor to make melee nearly ineffective, why should you not also be able to spend that money on ways to boost your hitpoints to a level that offers similar gains against magery?

Status
Not open for further replies.