UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

old games weve played...

Syah

Sorceror
159586-lotus-the-ultimate-challenge-amiga-screenshot-two-player-split.png

one of my legends =) I was racing against my bro on amiga 500 :D

I remember, PEA SOUP was the level password =)

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
Since a lot of these are old NES games, I'll start with one...

I opt to blame this game for any difficulties I may or may not have in relating to women. (points to whoever knows the game well enough to explain :p)

Well, the fact that the developers practically insisted you 'use' the broom, key, rod, torch, ANYTHING AVAILABLE to you on every thing in every room... that might factor into it. "Here baby, let me just try THIS... see if THIS one works on ya..."

I LOVED THIS GAME.

Side-question... did you ever play Deja-vu? Same menu setup, with the little game-window in the upper right... about being a detective, waking up with amnesia, and having to piece together a crime that happened and what part you played in it? Loved that game soo soo much. Very similar to Shadowgate.

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
I used to beat the shit out of that pinball game. I remember one specific afternoon I was determined to get good at it and understand how the missions worked and all of that. Life hasn't been the same since. No pinball game can satisfy me like that one did.

how come this great rpg that got good reviews has been slept on by so many
To be honest, I think that it kinda fizzled because when it came out, there was an existing game that did just about everything better. Sure, the graphics on the older game weren't AS good, but they were still "Good enough" and in spite of their more dated 2D appearance, remain arguably the best-looking 2D game ever made. That, and it got so many things RIGHT when so many competitors did so many things WRONG. That game, of course, being Diablo II, and by now, I think the same sentiment can be used with comparing Diablo III to Diablo II as well.

"Here baby, let me just try THIS... see if THIS one works on ya..."
Sadly, the "load game" feature never really seemed to work for me when things went awry. :(

Side-question... did you ever play Deja-vu?
Yes, I have, but I didn't beat it. It just couldn't draw me in as much as Shadowgate. It was, as PSZ hinted, all but the exact same game, but what worked for the older game's setting didn't work out so well for Deja-Vu; the interface felt kinda ham-fisted with a modern setting, even if it flowed excellently with Shadowgate.

I spent way too much time on that game. Finally quit after a high score of around 112 million. That session was split over more than one day.

yay for stonghold !

i've played stronghold aswell..currently playing Stronghold Kingdoms.

-Baldur's Gate (Throne of Bhaal)
-Black & White